We started our vacation at the W Bali because we were worried about being jetlagged in some strange, unfamiliar hotel. My wife loves W hotels and trusts the brand, so even though it was at the high end of our budget, we started here.
With two nights in a villa and three nights in the regular hotel, we enjoyed the W. The Villas are amazing, although they're not really close to the water or hotel. They have little golf carts, aka "the buggy," to drop you off and pick you up.
The regular room was pretty nice, and I thought the shower in it was actually cooler than the shower in the villa, but otherwise it was pretty standard. They "upgraded" us to an ocean view room, which was at the very and of a hall, overlooking a lawn, some construction and some little place where roosters lived. Still, the balcony was nice and we could see the ocean.
The spa is pretty incredible, as you'd expect. However, with Bali, you can walk down the street and get a good massage for $10 instead of dropping $100 on one here. Is breathing from an oxygen tank worth the extra $90?
The food was pretty good, though very expensive, as you might expect. We left the hotel to buy our beers and wine and went out to dinner in Seminyak at some different places. We tried the steak restaurant at the W and it was good, but probably not worth the $300 we dropped on dinner.
Overall, the staff was very friendly, the location is good, the rooms are immaculate, the spa is good, the man pool area wasn't over-crowded. If you're on a budget it's not the place, but it is nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape hectic philosophies, and why not plunge into vibrant glitz amidst natural splendors? We're a new found playground along the shores of Seminyak, where trendsetting chic restaurants, clubs, fashions and eclectic galleries await discovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your W Bali - Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak Hotel Seminyak
- w Retreat And Spa Bali - Seminyak
- W Bali - Seminyak