W Bali - Seminyak
Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$740
US$295
The Legian Bali(Seminyak)
US$693
US$520
Agoda.com
The Samaya Bali Seminyak(Seminyak)
US$677
US$494
Agoda.com
Amadea Resort & Villas(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$104
The Oberoi Bali(Seminyak)
US$398
US$340
Priceline
Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort(Seminyak)
US$429
US$400
Priceline
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$251
US$102
3,770 results
All reviewswoo barstarfish bloow retreatocean facing roomstar fish bloobose sound systemgarden viewpotato headpool villaamazing hotelrain showerour honeymoonwatch the sunsetday bedpool sideamazing staffwoobar
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We enjoyed our room and the hotel facilities immensely, particularly the pool, and the breakfasts every day. The service staff in Starfish and Fire were excellent and assisted in entertaining our 2 year old daughter. Surprisingly what we anticipated might be an issue (noise from the disco) didn't disturb our daughter once, even following a fashion show when it was particularly loud.

Unfortunately what negated and exceeded all of the positives was the general level of service in the hotel and a string of incidents which continued to occur on a daily basis from the instant of our arrival (when the porter lost our pram for a few hours) until the final day which commenced with an unwelcome 6am call (reportedly because our 2 year old had just called down requesting luggage collection!). Our 5 days were punctuated with disturbances such as random calls even when we had DND in operation often waking our daughter from her afternoon nap. As a general comment the Whatever, Whenever service was an unmitigated disaster - the staff comprehended very few of our requests whether it my Asian wife or myself.

Our stay ended with probably the most stressful hotel departure that my wife or I have ever experienced when extensive delays in the checkout process and collecting our luggage ultimately resulted in us having to beg the airline staff to allow us on the flight home. Yet on leaving the hotel I observed a number of porters idly waiting at their desk or waiting for arriving guests and several managers sitting at the bar chatting.

If you scan TripAdvisor thoroughly you will find many similar comments about operational issues which is a great pity because in our case this completely destroyed our holiday. As a veteran visitor to Bali hotels of all levels over the last 20 years, I have never experienced service this bad. However I do not blame the local staff - the vast majority of these problems arose due to poor or non-existent training possibly coupled with staff shortages. There was a clear lack of accountability on the part of management to explain the root cause what actions would be taken
to implement immediate solutions.
In summary, beware of the risks.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank steveamcb
W_Bali_Seminyak, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2012

Hello steveamcb,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your W Experience. The issues you raise are of concern as we take pride in training our Talent to ensure a smooth operation.

I assure you I, and the rest of the Management Team, take full accountability when issues arise.

Can you please contact me directly so I can discuss with you offline? gm.craig.seaward@whotels.com.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

It's second time I visit W hotels and I think they are WOW! About this one now, it's new, rooms are great, location is good, restaurant with Asian food very good, sauna and indoor pools ara a must!! The bar of course its also a plus and from there and the pool u can watch a very good sunset.. For sure recommend !

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank George Z
Reviewed 24 January 2012

This was my second visit to W Seminyak and I'll keep it short and sweet.
This needs to be printed on a t-shirt... 'I'm my happiest when I'm at W'
Faultless! Amazing!
You feel like a celebrity when you stay at W.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank michael_mrp

Hello michael_mrp,

Next time you visit, I will present you with a “I W Bali” t-shirt, deal? Let me know when you are ready to return: gm.craig.seaward@whotels.com.

I am happiest when we get reviews like this!

Reviewed 24 January 2012

this is our second stay at the W in 12 months, and it again met all our holiday experience needs, service, amenities and standards are second to no other resort i've ever been too. To give you an example, the GM of the resort, as he does ofter, come over to see how we were going and asked if he could do anything for us, and i'd needed Ketchup for my burger, he returned in a minute with full bottle, gold.
my suggestions to the management team would be: the happy hour arrangement, 1 hour with selected drinks is probably not an incentive to be part of. maybe 4-7pm every evening with 2-1 on all drink menu items would intise customers a little more, plus once you've had 3 hours worth of 2-1 drinks it may also entice customer to stay at the hotel's restaurants and continue on at the WOOBAR.....this is not a deal breaker. Another suggestion would be for the Wet area kitchen to get 100% familar with their menu as they often brang food not as descriped on the menu....which become a little annoying and a final suggestion the lobby driveway needs to be managed by an experienced bell person, many times we were left no knowing if we'd had transport arriving and if so when, it was at time caotic in that area.

Exceptional service goes to Wet Area staff, always there when you need them and go that extra effort to please, look out for these guys; Havid, Mumi and Johnny "B GOOD".....other mentions include the Houskeeping staff, room was always made up like to perfection and at the desired time, and finally breakfast staff made consuming that wonderful food all the greater.

Thanks Craig and the W talent for another great experience, cannot wait to come back again.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are the best, but if you hate the sound of waves, or chill out music...go Garden room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Hello pilp110373,

WOW for your kind words and constructive feedback. I will be sure to bring this to the team as they are good suggestions.

I appreciate it when our guests mention our Talent by name. That means that they have left a memorable impression in hopes that you return again soon. Third time’s a charm, right?

Let us know when you are ready to come back: gm.craig.seaward@whotels.com.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Have stayed at many Starwood properties this one is as good as the best. I am a platinum starwood and was treated well. The service, the pool, the people and the design are great and the stay was very good. Food at the restaurants great and the pool rocks!! Highly recommended. Thomas T

Room Tip: 5th floor in the hotel
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank thomasthetank

Hello thomasthetank,

What a fantastic review from another loyal SPG Platinum Member. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we do hope to welcome you back soon!