“Idyllic luxurious design hotel by the Seminyak beach” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of W Bali - Seminyak

W Bali - Seminyak
Ranked #26 of 141 Hotels in Seminyak
London, United Kingdom
“Idyllic luxurious design hotel by the Seminyak beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Wonderful retreat in a great location by the Seminyak beach, modern design throughout the resort, has great atmosphere with lounge music. Loved the sunset view by the pool!

Room Tip: top floor bathrooms have natural light into the shower area
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank joycekwong
W_Bali_Seminyak, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, 26 February 2012
Hello joycekwong,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your W Experience. The sunsets here are pretty amazing! We hope you come back for more…

Craig Seaward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (785)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Surabaya, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Very nice hotel on a top location! The wow effect is really there...
Comfortable rooms, wonderfull view and superb service! Bit expensive, but is is worth it...

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Erlin-Patrick
Hello Erlin_Patrick,

Short, sweet and succinct! Glad you thought it was worth it and we look forward to your return!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I've been looking forward to my Bali trip coz this is supposed to be my quick break and late birthday celebration. From the time I arrived to the time I left, the service is simply fantastic. I was also surprised when the hotel gave me a birthday cake and gift when I arrived, shows how much they really look after you at the W. Yes, it can be pricey but i think the service compensates very well for it. The rooms are lovely. I stayed on the top floor and i love the touch they have on the bathroom wherein you have natural light filtering through. It will be a nice place for couples, i think it will incite the romantic in you. When I arrived, i hardly didn't even want to leave the property so any plans i made of shopping or visiting nearby places were minimized and instead, i stayed in more at the hotel -- lounging around and relaxing at the many interesting nooks & corners.

my only gripe is that 1 towel i was given when i went swimming at the pool. it has some rust marks on it. but i can overlook it with the superb talent's that you have at the W.

Overall, a very nice experience. A place i would definitely recommend and come back to.

<3 W

Room Tip: Top floor if you want that sunlight filtering thru the shower area, makes you feel like you are bath...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank aimee d
Hello aimee d,

We are glad that you chose to spend your post birthday celebration with us! Thank you for your review. I think you got exactly what a W Retreat is supposed to be – so good you don’t have to leave! It is so easy to sit in one of the nooks, immerse yourself in a good read, and still be in the middle of it all.

Regarding your towel – I will be sure to speak to our Style team about this.

Appreciate your review and let us know when you are ready to come back!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

If and it is a Big IF you have the money and like Modern Hotels - this is for you.
From the Minute you arrive until the Second you leave, this Hotel has the WOW factor.
On top of this, every member of the staff is so attentive to your needs, you could wish for nothing more.
There is even a button on the telephone in your bedroom which is labelled WHATEVER/WHENEVER which means exactly what it says - one can literally press this button and ask for whatever you want and for whenever you want it - even a Helicopter for example.
Because of the price however, we searched high and low for a weakness somewhere but there was none that we could find.
This Hotel is International though, it is not Bali; but if that is what you are after, there can be NONE better.
The Bedrooms are Large, Not Massive but our en-suite Bathroom was Amazing and the Balcony wonderful
Sorry about the use of Capital Letters but if a place desreves them, THIS is it - WOW !!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Hello BEECheltenham,

WOW (in all caps)! Love your review…I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your W Experience! I know you have come a long way to visit our Island of the Gods and delighted to hear you weren’t disappointed.

Let us know when you will come back to W Bali – we look forward to welcoming you back!

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

The hotel was fantastic, the whole W experience and more should b expected and is what you receive. Rooms are huge, bathrooms fantastic, great gym, service at the pool excellent,breakfast was fantastic.

We moved later to Amadea, which at 90 USD per night lacked the glamour of W, but was excellent as well... not so sure if W is worth 4 times the price... but if you've got the points/bucks you won't regret staying here...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank FeloNei
Hello FeloNei,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that everything met or exceeded your expectations! My hope is that we have made you a W fan/Ambassador for life! Hopefully when you return to Bali, you will choose to stay at W again.

Tunis, Tunisia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed with some friends for 8 days in february. The weather was really pleasant not too hot with showers sometimes that you barely notice.
We had a lovely time the W experience is an all senses experience ; I loved the music underwater in the swimming pool.....
From first to last day I continued discovering new things...in food, rooms, lobby, swimming pool, beach and especially decoration.....
The staff is very nice real smiles.
Just perfect

Room Tip: We stayed at the villa with one bed room and we had our private pool very nice for night baths...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anissajoulakj
Hello Annissajoulakj,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It sounds like you enjoyed your holiday. What is nice about the property is that you will discover new things all the time. Though I personally know every inch of the place, I do find myself pleasantly surprised once in a while! You will have to make time to come back again. We would love to have you return!

Sydney, Australia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,795 helpful votes
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

I had so been looking forward to a few days here - I hadn't been to Bali for many years and I love both the ocean and the W hotels - have stayed in the W in New York for New Years Eve and what could be better than the W on a beach.
Wrong.
There were many negatives and perhaps some of them belong to me.
One of the reasons I love New York is that I can walk out the front door and within seconds, I have a choice of hundreds of things to do in any direction - it is all there in front of me.
In Seminyak, the driveway itself is hundreds of metres long on cobble stones so you would tend to avoid it.
When we got to our room, you could see the beach but it was hundreds of metres away.
When I finally headed towards the beach I was warned that it was not suitable for swimming - that immediately was a total turnoff.
If I opened the room's balcony doors, we were immediately confronted by loud disco music.
The hotel must be a considered decision - if you are looking for a hip young exciting New York style hotel where you listen to DJ's playing music and spend the day and night drinking cocktails, then it is probably idyllic.
If perhaps you are older, looking for a quiet few days relaxing and swimming on the beach then I would suggest looking for a beach that allows you to do that.
Again my problem but I grew up in Melbourne where music meant listening to musicians themselves with some passion and emotion not DJ's playing tapes of some other creative people.
There is nothing wrong with the garden villas themselves, they are large and comfortable but at no stage do you either believe you are in Bali or by the beach.
I wanted to explore the local shopping so the front desk called up a tuk-tuk type vehicle which dropped me at the front gate only - we walked a few hundred metres and then gave up.
I still have no idea how close we were to any of the wonderful shops that Seminyak is meant to have but I believe the front desk should be more pro-active in advising what and where some of the local activities are.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank RonWamberal
Hello RonWamberal,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am glad that you are a W fan and have experienced the one in New York. Yes, everything is right in front of you, but that is their strength in being a city hotel. Here in Bali, as a Retreat, our strength is to take you away from all the hustle and bustle, but still be close enough to the happening spots in the most happening part of Bali.

Visiting other W’s you will notice that nothing is done in the traditional sense, however we represent Bali in many subtle ways; paying respect to the destination. This can be seen primarily in our design.

The tuk-tuk type vehicles you speak of are actually golf buggies and are not suitable for the main road, which is why we can only take you to that point. To note, the length of the driveway is 510 meters. It is long, but then if our front door was located on the main road, we would be further from the beach!

We do hope that when you do return to Bali, you will still choose W. Please feel free to contact me if there are any other issues you would like to discuss. We want to keep you a W fan.