“Not impressed at all!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of W Bali - Seminyak

W Bali - Seminyak
Ranked #25 of 141 Hotels in Seminyak
Dubai
“Not impressed at all!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

We were booked in a 2 bed villa for 11 nights and though they're expensive, we read the reviews here on trip advisor and decided that they were the hotel for us.

We checked out after 3 nights!!!

The villa itself was ok but not very spacious. I asked for an extra bed for the baby, who's too big for a cot, and when they told me how much it was per night, i nearly fell off my chair!!! Needless to say, the baby slept on our bed!!

The pool was very dirty and we had keep asking to have it cleaned but to no avail. there was actually a layer of scum in the pool. I couldn't even let the kids swim in it, we had to go by buggy to the main pool at the acual hotel.

Service here was very poor and very slow, we waited 40 mins for ice and cola, even after 4 calls!!

We moved to C151 villas, also in Seminyak and were extremely happy after that.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank dubsuz1211
W_Bali_Seminyak, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Hello dubsuz1211,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor as well as responding to the Starwood Guest Experience Survey. We are sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your W Experience.

I have discussed this with my team and I believe my Director of Rooms has already been in contact with you in regards to the roll-away bed issue. We apologize for not being able to meet your expectations during your brief stay.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any additional feedback you would like to share. gm.craig.seaward@whotels.com.

Craig Seaward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (785)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the W twice in less than 12 months. I confess the place certainly is a design spectacle particularly when your arrive at night. It reminds me of the art deco hotels of florida/hawaii you see on tv but with a modern bali feel.

Certainly if you want to make and impression with your other half, book a room facing the ocean, sadly on the most recent stay we were buried away in the bowels of the hotel on the ground floor overlooking a dilapidated construction site.

The facilities as you would expect are first rate. The pool and gymnasium are wonderful and I found the service attentive without being overbearing. I would however remark variety of food on the most recent visit did not appear to be as special as on the first. Nonetheless I'm sure we'll be back. Wonderful hotel in a great location away from the Kuta class.

Room Tip: Book facing the ocean and if yow want to sleep away from the Woobar
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vaughan F
Hello Vaughan F,

Thank you for writing returning to W Bali. We are glad to hear that you appreciate the facilities and even though the construction next door was in your sightline, happy to hear that this did not deter you enough to come back again and hopefully again.

Please let us know when you are coming back as we would love to welcome you.

sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

This hotel is perfect. Love the music next to the pool, the interior design, the staff, the food, the attention to detail (reading glasses and mossie spray on the table for dinner), the cute touches (choice of 2000 mugs to choose from for the morning coffee), the pool for the kids (it has a large step that in 1 foot of water that is great for playing on), the 3 times daily kid's activities, other guests (the kids love meeting other similar kids), the surfing just in front of the hotel, the fabness of the brekkie etc etc Even our 5 year old son loved the flashness of the interior design. The ONLY problem with this hotel is that we have to leave (ah, and the beach is not all that gorgeous but we expected that in Seminyak). It may have ruined my hotel expectations for life, will the next hotel live up to this degree of luxury??????

Room Tip: we had the garden access room and it was vvvv nice. It has 2 queen beds.
1 Thank sue t
Hello sue t,

We’re sorry we ruined your future hotel expectations. But with a review like that – why go to any other hotel? Thank you so much for your kind words. If your 5-year-old appreciates the design & Retreat facilities already, you may be in trouble as I am sure he is hooked! A family of W Ambassadors, fantastic!

We will be so pleased to know when you decide to come back! Just book a longer holiday next time…

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

We recently stayed at the W retreat and spa Seminyak. From the minute we walked into the hotel until the minute we left it was PERFECT!!! As soon as we stepped foot into the hotel we new this was going to be an amazing holiday. We got out of our car and were amazed by a stunning view overlooking the ocean and a beautiful pool. Firstly as we checked in we were given a cold washer to wash our faces and a complimentary bottle of cooling spray which was a great gesture. We certainly needed the washers as it was quite hot! We were staying in a spectacular ocean facing room and what a spectacular view we had. Our room was very spacious and absolutely spotless. The bathroom was huge and when you had a shower or bath it was very relaxing. I liked the idea of the wet room. At night it was so peaceful to hear the waves crashing down and i might i add that that was the only noise we heard, it was very quiet so easy to sleep. I loved the way the hotel was set out and decorated. The lounges were very comfortable, relaxing and peaceful to sit in. I loved the way there was chess and checkers set out their. I thought the set out of the candles was beautiful especially at night when they were lit. The fountains around the hotel was great and peaceful to listen to. I also liked how the elevator changed colours. Even the toilets around the hotel felt like they were 5 star. They were always clean and decorated amazingly. The Wired and Words room was great for reading a book or using a computer which was great to keep in touch with family through the internet. The breakfast in the morning at fire was breath-taking. Anything you wanted they would have. The way you can pick your coffee mug was great too. The food their was delicious as was the food at Starfish Bloo. The chef at Starfish Bloo was extremely nice and one night cooked me up a meal which wasn't even on the menu. The pool was very relaxing to swim in and was the perfect size. The hotel was amazing but the best thing about the hotel was the Staff. The staff their were so nice, helpful, kind and always with a smile on there faces and willing to do anything for you. The service that the staff provided was amazing and the best thing about our whole trip. All the staff are so hardworking and are always doing something to make your stay that little bit more special. Wyah and all the staff at fire were always so lovely and very, very nice. Annie the receptionist was also so nice and kind and Made and the people around the pool and towel desk were extremely nice especially Made who always put a smile on my face. Every morning all the rubbish on the beach outside a hotel was always cleared and picked up by staff and looked so tidy. I was their for a week and didn't see one bit of rubbish around the hotel, the hotel grounds or the beach outside our hotel. The Whatever Whenever desk was also great for booking tours an cars and things like that. The gym was great and very spacious. I felt very safe with the security checks and i also loved that as the driveway was long you could get a buggy to the other end. As we were waiting for our car to come and pick us up at the resort to go to the airport we were greeted by the director of rooms who offered us a complimentary drink and snack. As i said the resort and staff were amazing from the day we came to the day we left. This hotel was fantastic and i would recommend it to anyone. It is a must to stay at the W retreat and spa Seminyak. It was the best holiday i have ever had.

2 Thank Grace J
Hello Grace J,

Thank you for your WOW review! I think it pretty much sums up everything we are trying to accomplish. The design, the service, the cuisine – but the Talent’s hospitality comes naturally!

I am sure we have made a lifelong fan of W Bali. We can’t wait to welcome you back.

Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We went to the W for their famous Sunday lunch. This was our second visit, the first being a good one, and the standards have dropped significantly. The food was extremely average. Some items such as roast beef have been replaced with chicken. The majority of the desserts were stodgy and inedible. We were expecting top notch food and instead all we got was your typical sub-par hotel buffet. The best thing was the chinese food - prawns and pork dumplings etc. The service was good (friendly waiter and maitre'd) but the average food meant we won't be coming back.

2 Thank jetsetglutton
Hello jetsetglutton,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry to hear that you did not appreciate the Sunday Brunch the second time around. The selection has always been wide and varying. I will discuss your feedback with our chefs to see what we think should be adjusted.

We do hope that you will give it another go next time you are in Bali!

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

The rooms are ultra cool and location, right next to Potato Heads is key, but it's the staff that really made my stay special. At breakfast, guests can choose from a couple hundred unique coffee mugs. It's a small, but very creative pleasure. Overall, the breakfast experience is superb with a mix of western and asian cuisine. I had a nice chat with the culinary director, Marcus Willson, who has that place running on all cylinders. He even let me purchase my favorite mug to bring home as a souvenir! Don't hesitate to stay at this W.

Room Tip: Rooms can be far from the elevators, so inquire if that's an issue for you.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Larry B
Hello Larry B,

We are so delighted that you came all this way and decided to stay at W Bali. Thank you for your posting your review. I agree 100% that it is the Talent who make the W Bali Experience. I also agree the breakfast is just superb!

Certainly don’t hesitate to book your next visit with us – let us know when you’re coming!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

I really can't say anything bad about this hotel. It has a great location with a private beach. The rooms are a nice size and the bed is super comfortable. The staff were excellent as well; always so nice and friendly and kind. The only bad thing is the water is murky, so its not like you get some dreamy beach but that is no fault of the hotel. Also, our furniture out on our deck was stained, kinda gross. We stayed on the hotel side and not in the villas. We also had the breakfast buffet which was very good. The food at W hotels is always interesting! I will definitely come back here again if I go to Seminyak.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank btravel17
Hello btravel77,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you had a great time at W Bali. Since you only live in Singapore – we are sure that you will return soon! Looking forward to welcoming you back.