“Amazing Bali experience!”

Ranked #18 of 146 Hotels in Seminyak
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing Bali experience!”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I would highly recommend this beautiful resort to anyone wanting a luxurious stay in Bali. The hotel is well located in Seminyak. The attention to detail in the resort is amazing. The pool, open spaces, rooms, bars restaurants and the spa are all of high quality making the stay a special one and a great pl It is however the staff which really make this place one to remember. They go out of their way to make your stay the best possible and cannot do enough for you. Thank you to Dino,angel, Riki and all the staff for making our stay so memorable. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Han178
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Hello Han178,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at W Bali.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. I will pass your comments back to the talent, they will be extremely happy to hear that they left such an impression on you.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Craig Seaward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (841)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 1 March 2013

My wife and I stayed at the W Hotel for five nights to celebrate our anniversary. The W Hotel is oozing style and fun from the Jurassic Park / James Bond style entry, great lighting, cool vibes piped throughout the resort and well planned pool area. We have previously stayed at the W so we did know what to expect but we were once again very impressed with the professional yet personal service, great sized rooms and ensuites and the hotels location to the beach and great Seminyak restaurants and bars, not to mention their own on the premises. Breakfast at Fire is a gastronomic delight. The coffee is great (still rare in Bali), the selection of cuisine styles impressive and you can choose from the buffet or the staff will happily order for you off the menu. Tom and the staff (talent) at Fire are all very enthusiastic and made us and other guests feel special. We forgot to bring a charger for our I Phone and Tom offered his own to us! The good news is that the concierge had chargers and sent one to our room. Tom took and framed a photo of us with a special desert selection he had prepared and that was also a nice touch. The Woobar is a great place for a cocktail even if you are not a resident and mid week you can get two cocktails and a pizza for the best part of spare change and watch the sun set over the ocean. We are frequent visitors to Bali and would return to W without hesitation. I would recommend you have a look and a drink at W if in Bali even if you are not a guest. It will be well worth the effort.

Room Tip: If you have a garden view room ask for a top floor on as you get a skylight in the ensuite which add...
Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anthony O
Hello Anthony O,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at W Bali and that we assisted in making your anniversary a memorable one.

I am glad you found the time to experience our restaurants and venues. I will pass your kind feedback onto our talent who will be happy to hear that there hard work and service skills were acknowledged.

We look forward to welcoming you back to W Bali again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 February 2013

.....that we had only booked for 3 nights!! This is the best resort I have stayed at of all time. My husband and I are Chairmans Status Frequent Flyers with Qantas, the highest level of flyer - which tells you how much we travel - please take it from experienced travellers that this place is truly Nirvana. Google their website now and take a look at the gallery but honestly the pictures don't do it justice - because the ambiance of the ocean, buddha bar style music floating through the air, exceptional customer service and continual greetings by all just can't be conveyed in pictures. The architecture and interior styling of the property is mind-blowing......a visual feast. There is a little surprise around every corner perfectly designed to surprise and delight. When I go to a new location I usually explore the town thoroughly - this is the first time that a property has captivated me so much - that I only ventured out once for 2 hours in the 3 days I was there. Special mention has to be given to the F&B director Michael Groll - the various dining and drinking outlets are unique and the food is contemporary yet so comprehensive that all tastes/nationalities are catered for. Michael was a highlight of our stay - not content to sit in his Ivory tower and direct proceedings.....he is on the floor in each restaurant at each sitting - PLEASE GET THAT GUY OUT OF HIS STIFF BLACK PANTS AND BLACK SHIRT uniform - not in keeping with the gorgeous surrounds and certainly not practical with how much running around he does outdoors in that weather....perhaps if he was an air-conditioned office dweller it would suit but to his credit he is not - he is interacting with guests gauging feedback and always improving the already perfect experience of the F&B experience at the W. Even if you aren't staying at the hotel you MUST try their signature restaurant Starfish Bloo for a Sunday Brunch - a bucket list memory for me - ask for table 26 and enjoy the best seats overlooking the ocean in a big cane structured cage-like setting. Whilst there is no kids club at the W and I can understand why.....there are kids activities throughout the day hosted by experienced staff. Also for the brunch, their are kids activities so that parents can enjoy an uninterrupted feast. A special feature of this hotel is the Woo Bar - supersexy bar adjacent to the pool and right on the beach, international DJ's from all over the world are flown in every week to get the party rocking....uber trendy groovy spot. The day spa is operational 24 hours a day - TOTAL BLISS.....there is a discount for services between 11pm and 6am, I had a hot stone ginger massage and I've got to say once again - best ever. There is a range of room types ofcourse and we were in a standard room as it was a work booked event - there was nothing standard about it.....oversized room, oversized bed, enormously oversized bathroom and all the toys and tricks you would expect plus some surprises! The 'anything anytime' button that you can press on your phone does not disappoint. My husband forgot flip flops.....a pair of havianna's were in our room within 10 minutes in his 'big foot' size. I'm sure guests must have fun testing the limits of 'anything anytime' but I would be surprised if they were ever disapointed. This is starting to read like a paid advertisement so if I had to be hyper-critical these were the annoyances: Seriously the uniform of the F&B management was unpractical and they were sweating badly when interacting with guests, unlike the breezy uniforms of the other staff......at the breakfast buffet, you can still order all of the dishes a la carte if you are too lazy to get off your but (isn't that amazing!) which we did the first day but the staff forgot the cutlery each time (who cares the breakfast was 10/10 I'm just trying to stay credible here!) lastly.....I approached the tour desk one morning after breakfast as many I'm sure do and only 1 person was stationed helping people and there was 2 or 3 groups waiting - not a major but funnily enough when you are in such a paradise each minute feels like an hour you don't want to waste! I don't care what your travel budget is - save save save and even skip a holiday to have an experience at this resort - try off peak times if it is too expensive, everyone should experience this type of service and relaxed luxury in their lifetime. No surprises that I heard that it had been voted in the top 20 luxury hotels in the world in some recent poll and when I was at the airport returning home there was a current Asian Travel Magazine that had just voted it the number 1 resort in Indonesia - it deserves it.....we will be back......with a lot of friends.....to party hard and relax even harder! Thank you W - hospitality excellence! We are due to stay at the Westin Langkawi in April - they have a lot to live up to now! Special thanks to Michael - your interest and interaction with your guests obviously keeps the standards in your restaurants so high , Minni on reception you are a doll and nothing was ever too much trouble and Dino your enthusiasm and going the extra mile to impress my 3 year old will not soon be forgotten by Andrew and I - you are a winner and good soul food for the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank bestofthebestservice
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Hello bestofthebestservice,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W Bali. I am glad to hear that you had a great experience.

Thank you for highlighting Michael & Dino's great expertise, our talent really do creative the overall W experience. I will make sure your comments are passed back.

We do take all comments constructively regarding Wardrobe for our talents, this is something we shall look into and access.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Paradise again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Living in Singapore, we head to Bali often and usually try to stay modestly until the final weekend when we go to the W. The hotel is awesome but you have to pay to play. Potato head is next door - which has started to go downhill so I wouldn't waste time there (though yes they have some cool cocktails that cost more than Singapore prices). The W keeps it classy.

1 Thank JakeDeBerry
Hello JakeDeBerry,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at W Bali.

It does sound like you found the time to indulge and enjoy our restaurants and venues.

We do look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

From the moment that we booked directly with W Retreat, our experience has been first class! We are staying in 2 garden rooms, family of four, and the rooms are sparklingly clean, comfortable, with all required amenities. The pool area is beautifully designed, with wonderful special touches such as roaming and refreshing facial sprays, offers of neck towels, and very comfortable seating/lounges. Breakfast at Fire Restaurant is a real treat, lunch options wonderful and so far we've tried Starfish Bloo and Woo Bar. It's hard to choose where to relax and enjoy this hip, modern and classy facility. The staff here are a credit to themselves and the resort: helpful, friendly, with genuine smiles and warm. Housekeeping is first class and no request is denied. This resort is expensive but an absolutely top class experience and we will definitely return. Congratulations W Retreat and happy 2nd birthday!

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Diane T
Hello DianeT,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at W Bali.

I am happy to hear your enjoyed your time with us. It does sounds like you took the time to experience and indulge in the delights we have to offer.

I will pass your kind comments back to our talent.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 February 2013

What a great experience. So many "little touches" and outstanding customer service (staff wear headsets so no radio monitor noise whilst you're relaxing by the pool) Every staff member greets you by your name and will assist you with anything. There's an "Anything Anytime" button on your phone to call for anything you desire!

The W Hotel is located on the beach in Seminyak down away from the busy parts of the beach and walking distance along the sand to Potato Head and Ku De Ta. Easy to jump in a cab to go shopping (or walk along the beach) and only 5 minutes to some of the best restaurants in Bali - Maties, Sarong, La Lucciola and more.

Our room was exceptional (Ocean View Room) with large balcony overlooking the beach and large bed and sitting area. The bathroom was impressive with a massive bathe and two showers. The mini bar is well stocked and plenty of cupboard space provided.

Even thought the breakfast is buffet style a menu is provided on your table with additional made-to-order dishes. Much to my delight they serve "real coffee" which is served from one of the many individual mugs you choose when you arrive in the morning. Breakfast buffet caters for a range of nationalities and tastebuds.

Sunset from the Woo Bar is a must! Happy hour starts at 5pm. Check out the DJ playing funky tunes each night. Make sure you check out what's on during the week as they have international DJ's and other events on a regular basis.

Highly recommend you try one of the "deconstruction" cocktails in the outdoor lounge area near reception. It's fun to construct and extremely tasty. Food served on the massive couches there is more light meal but extremely delicious.

Star Fish Bloo restaurant was outstanding complete with ocean view. Lunch and dinner menu's are different. We had to return for dinner after our late lunch and both menus were impressive. Highlights were the lunch: Beef Wagyu hot stone appetizer and the Snapper.

The gym and spa area was great and is worth a visit to the hot and cold spa area (free access).

Highly recommend W Hotel and congratulate the staff on providing exceptional customer service and a great experience. Will definitely return again.

Room Tip: It's worth the paying a little more to enjoy an Ocean View Room.
Hello Sunshine99_12

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback with us.

I am delighted to hear you had a fantastic stay with us and it's perfect to hear that you left feeling like rockstars, as I would expect.

We look forward to welcoming you back to W Bali for some indulgent cocktails and a fantastic sunset backdrop at WOO BAR.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I have long been a traveller to Bali, and have always had a fantastic time at W - Seminyak, they have always been courteous, and aligned with the "Whenever, Whatever" policy, until recently..

Having to pay a premium to stay in such an establishment, you would expect a premium level of service, however recently they have instigated an offer for anyone who is interested, to use the W facilities for the mere amount of $15.00 per person for the whole day. This makes the pool area overcrowded, and busier than if they were only to allow guests staying at the hotel to utilise.

I will definitely be looking elsewhere to stay from now on in Bali, and look forward to seeing the Potato Head Hotel opening up soon.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid the crowds around the pool get yourself a pool villa, with its own plunge pool...
5 Thank Constant_Traveller04
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Hello Constant_Traveller04,

Many thanks for your Trip Advisor comments and sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the overall W Bali experience this time round because of your wet deck experience.
We certainly value our return customers and your opinion is very important to us, but the allowing of outside guests using the facilities is something that we have done since opening over quieter months of the year. This was not implemented to inconvenience house guests, but a way of keeping the W atmosphere alive at the happening hub of the retreat during lower occupancy periods. We do appreciate that there is a fine line between those customers who like the Wet deck busy and vibrant, and those who would like it to be quieter.
We do have many pool attendants, who assist guests find pool loungers, and we are sorry in your case this did not happen and that you were inconvenienced as a result.
We will ensure that we review our policy and keep our house guests as top priority in future.

Best personal regards,