W Bali - Seminyak
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Katamama(Seminyak)
Puri Madawi(Seminyak)
View Hotel
The One Boutique Villa(Seminyak)
The Kayana Bali(Seminyak)
Umah Pelangi(Seminyak)
3,722 results
All reviewswoo barstarfish bloow retreatocean facing roomstar fish bloobose sound systemgarden viewpotato headpool villaamazing hotelrain showerour honeymoonwatch the sunsetday bedpool sideamazing staffwoobar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2013

It's so different with other resorts in Bali. It's much more stylish than what you think! Staffs there are very friendly and always helpful. The food in FIRE at very good, esp the breakfast buffet which give you many choices other than only fried eggs!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Hello Eric F,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at W Bali. We do look forward to welcoming you back for another wow experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

I can't say enough, how much I loved this hotel. The hotel is just beautiful, the staff are very friendly, the rooms are great, pool is awesome, food is magnificent..... so what was the one thing... it was the view. We stayed in one of the Garden Rooms, unfortunately, we were right at the end of the line and looked at unfinished development, which was an eyesore, and stopped us sitting on our balcony. If only the view was beautiful and it would have been a perfect hotel.

Still dreaming of the lovely breakfasts!!

Room Tip: If you do book here, I would ring the hotel and talk about the rooms location. I was so disappointed with the view. Luckily we were only there for two days, so I put up with it, but if I was staying longer, I would have felt a little let down.
3  Thank KylieF6
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Hello KylieF6,

Many thanks for your Trip Advisor review as its important to always receive a balanced view point of each guests stay.

Development in Bali is very strong at present and as the hotel sits in a developing corridor there is construction taking place all over Seminyak. The property under construction you make mention of with visible sky cranes is down the beach from the W, and not next door, and whilst we keep our section of the beach clean with regular daily rituals to remove the garbage, unfortunately we don’t have control over there section of the beach. We do hope that the construction will soon finish and the views of paradise will return for your next visit.

We do look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to W Bali.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

My wife and I were in Bali for a holiday and decided to head to W Retreat's Fire restaurant. We heard so much about it, and they truly did not disappoint. It was close to 11 am when we reached, and understandably, they were packing up the restaurant to prepare for lunch. However, up stepped Mr. Richard Millar, who hosted us and made sure that we had the breakfast that we came for. We had some pancakes, which we have to admit, are the best that we ever had. We rounded off the meal with some bacon, fruits and juice. There is nothing better in this world than simplicity with style. We will definitely be back!

Hello RudeyLee,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast experience in FIRE, I will pass your comments onto Richard and his team.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to W Bali for more indulging times.

Craig Seward

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I am writing this review from the day bed of the villa we have called home for the last seven few days.

Where to start - the staff have been faultlessly polite, freindly and attentive since arrived. Their smiles and excellent service have made our staff all the more pleasurable.

Our stay has not been with out issue - our villa bathroom suffered from a drainage issue - if you enjoyed the shower for too long you flooded the bathroom. After a couple of attempts by the maintenance staff to fix it we were moved to another villa. This was all done with little fuss on on our part and a few dozen apologies from the various W staff dealing with the problem and a gift voucher for a massage for two at the excellent spa by way of a meaningful gesture of apologies. Problems like this occur at the best of places - the thing that makes the difference is how your problem it is dealt with - in this case about as well as you could ask.

Now I am not the neatest person when I am traveling - I have a tendency to just drop my clothes in piles somewhere near my bag. I came back to my room yesterday and the shorts and polo shirt I had left of the bed when heading out to lunch had been neatly folded and put back on the freshly made bed by the service staff. Little touches like that abound at the W.

I have put up separate reviews for Fire and Starfish Bloo so I will not dwell on the restaurants other than to say if you feel like in resort dining they are excellent options.

Woo bar - there are cheaper paces in Bali to get a drink but not many that mix better cocktails and the poolside lounge area is about as relaxing a place you will ever find to enjoy a well made concoction. Great place to wrap an enjoyable day.

The spa - ok there is no denying it is expensive - not a place to go for a quick relaxing massage on a budget. But if you feel like being pampered my partner Anne, who is more of an expert on spas than I ever will be, assures me it is well worth spending your hard earned holiday budget on. Enjoyed the free massage enough to book one I'll be paying for on last morning here and Anne has been sampling a few of their extensive list of options.

On a closing note I will say if you an afford it stay in on of the excellent villas - they are a little private slice of paradise!

I think it is safe to say we will be back - just need to save up both leave days and holiday spending money again :)

Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank cam20801

Hello cam20801,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback.

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your W experience.

It is wonderful that you appreciated the high service levels and special attention received from our staff during your visit. We are working very hard to get it right and it is lovely to hear that we are moving in the correct direction.

The team were very happy to receive these comments from you.

We hope to see your return to visit us very soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUTELY...
We have just returned from 8 days absolute bliss at the W Hotel in Seminyak.

ACCOMMODATION
We stayed in a Villa. They have their own pool and outdoor area. Really there is no need to leave it. They also have 2 or 3bedroom Villas as well.
We were lucky enough to be in Villa 1 - apparently there are over 70 villa's so it can be a long walk so try to get close to reception.
They have BOSE audio system - so you can plug in your iPhone or CD or DVD - Outdoor sound as well. Great for splashing in the pool with some chill out music.

FOOD
I don't know where to start...
There are a number of funky dining spots at the W.

Sunday Brunch - we arrived on Sunday afternoon and were told - it is a shame you missed our brunch today. The lady said 'I know I work here, but I have to say our Sunday Brunch is the BEST'. Well, we went there next Sunday and she was 100% right.
There are over 200 different types of food.
I can't write how AMAZING it was - A MUST A MUST A MUST.

Starfish Bloo - melt in your mouth , organismic food is the only way to describe it.
The duck sushi rolls are a must.
Yes it is more expensive than food outside of the hotel - but compared to Australia - it is not and really you pay for the quality - well worth it.
Amazing setting and great staff.

Fire - This is where breakfast is 'experienced'. The food caters for everyone - Western, Asian, Kids, Healthy Nuts. The presentation of the food is great and the fresh juice is fresh.
Nothing better than a fresh watermelon juice to start the day.
Apparently dinner is great there too - Steak is their specialty.

Something that topped off our dining experience was the F&B Manager Richard Millar.
During one breakfast he came and introduced himself and chatted for 5 minutes.
During our whole stay if Richard saw us he would welcome us by name and remembered where we were from and it was a real credit to the hotel to have such a professional and interesting F&B manager.

Woobar - this is the afternoon chillout location, Cocktails, by the beach, and excellant music with great DJ's.

The Spa - WOW is all I can say - well worth a visit. Yes it is a lot more expensive than the 'street' massages etc - but the quality is well worth it.

Room Tip: There are lots of Villas so try and get one close to reception otherwise it is a little walk - however they do provide a buggy service.

Hello cam20801,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am happy to hear that you had a fantasitc time with us and enjoyed the culinary delights of Starfish Bloo.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to W Bali on your next visit.

Craig seaward