“EXCELLENT.”
Review of W Bali - Seminyak

W Bali - Seminyak
Ranked #18 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This was my fourth trip to Bali, and first time at !.

By far one of the most outstanding hotel properties i have visited in my life.

I stayed in a pool villa and had a great time. All of the staff are extremely friendly and courteous and always willing to help.

The spa is open 24 hours, so me and my wife had a great massage at 11pm, and then went back to our villa and had the most relaxing sleep.

The food and cocktails are absolutely exquisite, and the restaurants, and especially the Woo Bar have a great ambiance.

Absolutely loved it!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Hello gaurvavjj,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations. I am glad you found the time to enjoy the culinary delights on offer within the retreat.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

This place is very cool. From the entrance to the lobby to the rooms to Woo bar to the pool area to the gym, everything is amazing. Great service. Great location. Great stay. Price not so great, but probably worth it if u plan to spend a lot of time chilling out in the resort. I'll definitely be back.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Hello youngbutwise,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you experienced the wow factor of W Bali and enjoyed the colourful surroundings of Seminyak.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

It is probably one of the nicest hotel I have ever been. The staff were truly amazing. The view is spectacular, it worth paying more to have a beach view. Rooms are incredible, amazing, no words to describe (only the rain shower that was a little weak). Pool was beautfull, good gym and a fantastic spa 24 hours!!!! Excelent restaurants. Besides, I had a problem with my reservation, I made a mistake while booking online and booked the wrong date and it was non-reimbursement. It was my mistake, but the hotel called Expedia and change it for me. They did not have to do that, but they did very kindly. The manager Yessy Oktaviana was very kindly in that matter. Staying at the W in Bali is an experience that everyone should try once in life!

Room Tip: Beach view always!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUPERB!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Hello docarva,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W experience and departed having felt the wow factor. I will pass your thanks onto Yessy, she will very happy to hear that she assisted in making your stay a memorable one.

We do look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit ready to wow once again.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

The W takes the little things to the next level. From amenities through to room design, fast free internet, everything was perfect. The property feels new, the gym was sufficient and my wife said the spa service was terrific.

Close to the hustle of seminyak square, kude ta and potato head it makes it a perfect getaway retreat.

The staff were uber friendly and the check in and out process seamless.

We'll done....

Room Tip: Spend that little extra and get a villa
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hello DaveMelbourne2010,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am very happy to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us and enjoyed your W experience.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for your next Wow adventure.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I recently stayed at the W and wow this place is great. All of us thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and were in absolute ore of the facilities. The rooms were lovely and spacious and the bathroom was well lit with the retractable sun roof. I found all the staff members very friendly and breakfast and lunch at star fish bloo was delicious. The only fault is that it is pretty $$$ per night, saying this I will be coming back in June/July, although it would be great if they offered more competitive rates.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor include a retractable sun roof in the bathroom
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel_J815

Hello Rachel_J815,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am delighted to hear that experienced the Wow factor of W Bali. It's great that you found the time to enjoy our facilities within the Retreat including the indulgent delights at Starfish Bloo.

We do look forward to welcoming you back later in the year for a little more Wow factor!

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

For pretentious. Having spent the previous week at padma resort legian my exoectations were very high for w resort. This was my first time in bali and I was blown away by how friendly and accommodating the locals were in legian and kuta. Unfortunately my whole seminyak experience was tainted by a feel that the whole place had been infiltrated by western culture and expectations to the extent it totally ruined what I felt made bali so special. The genuinity (bar clothing). The staff at w had the usual standards of their western counterparts, with very little genuine carr shown. Prices were in excess of what I would also expect at home, with the quality of the food no where near justifying the price tag. The place was full of wealthy elderly gentlemen during our stay with what at first seemed like their daughters, until they started holding hands and kissing. In short if your looking for a place where you can show off your bank balance then the w is the place for you. If your after a more plesent and relaxing stay then save yourself some money and look else where.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carl M

Hello Carl M,

Many thanks for your Trip Advisor review as its important to always receive a balanced view point of each guests stay.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your experience, but W Retreat and Spa Bali is definitely different from every other hotel on the island, and our success is based on the fact that we are a modern interpretation of the Balinese culture, and offer a very different experience to that of traditional hotels. We understand that there are people who don’t like this approach, but there are also others who find it a refreshing change and have helped build our business success to date.

I appreciate you being honest and open about your review, but hope that your next trip to Bali offers up that cultural experience that you were looking for.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We had drinks here at the WOO bar and from the drive way entrance to the bar it is wow! Awesome service, fantastic cocktails (even if you ask for drinks not on the menu), delicious food. The waiter accidentally spilt a little of our drink while wiping the table and immediately bought a complimentary one. The staff were friendly and very attentive. The bathrooms were great. We came back a few more nights for drinks and food.

• Stayed: January 2014
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Hello PrincessNumber9,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am happy to hear that you joined us for drinks at Woobar and indulged on some cocktails whilst taking in the worderful dropback setting.

We do hope that you will return to W Bali and stay with us upon your next visit to Bali.