I recently spent 5 days at the W retreat and spa in Seminyak and was completely satisfied with the hotel and its staff. The rooms were clean, the staff was attentive, and the overall service was excellent. During my stay I ate at both restaurants (Starfish Bloo and Fire) and found the food to be very good and the prices to be reasonable. Overall, I was very pleased with all the prices at the resort and did not cringe when I ordered drinks by the pool.
Before booking the hotel, I had read some of the previous reviews on Tripadvisor and must say that I did not have any of the negative experiences or impressions that other guests had. The hotel was up to date and very clean, the whenever / whatever phone was always answered, and the music from the Woobar did not keep me up all night (there was a DJ one night until 3 am and I did not hear anything in my room - across the pool from the bar).
The pool at the hotel is really great. It was never very crowded and I was always able to get a lounge chair no matter the time of day. There were plenty of people there to serve you and the wireless from the hotel worked very well at the pool. The beach, like most beaches in Bali, was dirty. The hotel did their best to keep it clean, but they are fighting a never-ending battle. During my visit the water was too rough to swim in and the hotel does not have chairs on the actual beach.
There were a mix of people at the hotel from couples to families to groups of singles. I would say that all were welcome, though I typically would expect the W to attract more couples and groups of singles.
The area around the hotel is great with lots of bars and restaurants in walking distance. There is also a minimart right outside the entrance where you can stock up on snacks and drinks if you like. Taxis are readily available, but I never had the need other than to go to the airport.
I had stayed in Bali in 2012 at the Four Seasons Jimbaran, and while I enjoyed that visit, I would choose the W retreat over the Four Seasons in an instant because of location and value for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape hectic philosophies, and why not plunge into vibrant glitz amidst natural splendors? We're a new found playground along the shores of Seminyak, where trendsetting chic restaurants, clubs, fashions and eclectic galleries await discovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your W Bali - Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak Hotel Seminyak
- w Retreat And Spa Bali - Seminyak
- W Bali - Seminyak