“Omg omg omg”
Review of W Bali - Seminyak

W Bali - Seminyak
Ranked #20 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Where to start ,From the fun loving happy staff, to the immaculate clean and amazingly decorative room. There wasn't one second where we don't enjoy our stay. Everyone was extremely hopefully and friendly always catering for our needs.

The venue it self is a funky design of its own, from the tropical pool area , to the chilled out sunset bar. even the toilets was an eventful experience.

The breakfast wow if you can think of it then you can have it was to die for.

Best holiday ever !!!!!!!!! Didn't want to leave

Just want to say a massive thank you to W our stay was one to remember and we will be returning next year for our wedding :-)

World

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Krystal0409
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Hello Krystal0409,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your W experience and our whatever/whenver service culture. It's a a great pleasure to hear you are returning for your wedding.

We look forward to welcoming you back and creating an unforgettable Wow memory for you.

There are newer reviews for W Bali - Seminyak

Reviewed 7 February 2014

This is a truly beautiful and top class hotel in Seminyak. The grounds are lovely and the staff is excellent as always. One of the coolest and sleekest rooms I've ever stayed in! Lovely bathroom and fun music is playing as soon as you walk in. We had a lovely view from our room and were very comfortable. The pool I have to say is the best part! Nice infinity pools looking out into the ocean with lots of sun beds and different levels of chair seating. Pools did tend to fill up with a lot of kids with families but that was the only downside. Had a great time!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Hello starryeyed03,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your W experience and found time to enjoy all that is on offer at W Bali.

We look look forward to welcoming you back for more Wow moments upon your next trip.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

W is kind of a love or hate for many people. Some people love the night club/chic/modern decor while some may not be so fond of the worldwide one dimensional decor. Having previously stayed at the newer W retreat in Koh Samui, I decided to give W retreat Bali a try. Since the visit was during Chinese New Year, I wanted to avoid all the crowd and hassle by requesting VIP custom and transport service. It was a short 20-minute ride from the airport to the retreat. Got a free upgrade from a Toyota Innova to a BMW X5; however, the A/C wasn't working under the 30 degree whether so I kind of wish I got the Innova. Stayed at a 1 bedroom villa for 2 nights. The check in area for villa guests are separated from hotel room guests. All the staff we encountered during the trip were all very friendly, helpful and genuine. I also have to thank the manager for not charging my special request of rose pedals on the bed and in the bathtub even though I was under the impression that I would be charged in the e-mails exchanged. Breakfast falls short on both days. I don't understand why it's so hard to get some nice and not so oily crispy bacon in Asia. Eggs Benedict was right on point. Had dinner at fire restaurant which was very nice. Beach is not private and not very nice to walk on as many locals wonder around try to sell things to you. Villa was nice but the water wasn't very clean due to evening rain during this rainy season. The retreat is located conveniently close to many shops and restaurants. The retreat itself is very nice but it does fall a bit short comparing to W retreat in Koh Samui in terms of wow factors. For those who visit this retreat, Potato Head beach club is a must go destination.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank danliao
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Hello Danliao,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. It is helpful to gain such insight from our guests perspective. I am glad that you found the time to enjoy all aspects of the retreat. I will revert back to my concierge team reading the A/C issues and ensure this is delat with this.

We do look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Bali for a little more Xfactor.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Bersih, eksklusif dan juga servicenya baik. Amenitiesnya juga lengkap dan bermerk bliss. Direct access to beach and also has beautiful view on night. Very recommended for couple and family. The interior is modern and has many spots to take photograph.
One thing that need to be improved, the taste of food on breakfast. Tasteless and need much improvement. But, nice coffee latte art anyway.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank EdzaWangi

Hello EdzaWangi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I happy to hear you enjoyed your W Bali experience. I am sorry to hear that our breakfast was not to your liking, we do assure that a wide range of culinary delights are on offer to please all.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to W Bali soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I recently spent 5 days at the W retreat and spa in Seminyak and was completely satisfied with the hotel and its staff. The rooms were clean, the staff was attentive, and the overall service was excellent. During my stay I ate at both restaurants (Starfish Bloo and Fire) and found the food to be very good and the prices to be reasonable. Overall, I was very pleased with all the prices at the resort and did not cringe when I ordered drinks by the pool.

Before booking the hotel, I had read some of the previous reviews on Tripadvisor and must say that I did not have any of the negative experiences or impressions that other guests had. The hotel was up to date and very clean, the whenever / whatever phone was always answered, and the music from the Woobar did not keep me up all night (there was a DJ one night until 3 am and I did not hear anything in my room - across the pool from the bar).

The pool at the hotel is really great. It was never very crowded and I was always able to get a lounge chair no matter the time of day. There were plenty of people there to serve you and the wireless from the hotel worked very well at the pool. The beach, like most beaches in Bali, was dirty. The hotel did their best to keep it clean, but they are fighting a never-ending battle. During my visit the water was too rough to swim in and the hotel does not have chairs on the actual beach.

There were a mix of people at the hotel from couples to families to groups of singles. I would say that all were welcome, though I typically would expect the W to attract more couples and groups of singles.

The area around the hotel is great with lots of bars and restaurants in walking distance. There is also a minimart right outside the entrance where you can stock up on snacks and drinks if you like. Taxis are readily available, but I never had the need other than to go to the airport.

I had stayed in Bali in 2012 at the Four Seasons Jimbaran, and while I enjoyed that visit, I would choose the W retreat over the Four Seasons in an instant because of location and value for the money.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jeff H
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Hello Jeff H,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It does sound like you found the time to enjoy our Restaurants and venues and the colourful playground of Seminyak.

We do look forward to welcoming you back W Bali soon.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Just had a fantastic time at W Resort. All was just amazing from service to food and set up!!! We spent several days celebrating our father's 60 birthday and the W Family just made everything possible to make this moment memorable! I strongly recommend this resort in Bali

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kevin_bauwens
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Hello KevinB,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you chose to celebrate your family gathering at W Bali and we exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for more WOW moments.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

$50 sunday brunch here well worth it ,nice selection of foods and soft drinks only, the service is fantastic , tthe setting right on the beach, you can use the pool and the facilities aswell, he sunsets are marvellous too

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tomtom09

Hello tomtom09,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent visit to W. I am delighted to hear you experienced brunch at Starfish bloo, where our culinary delights meet a spectacular backdrop.

We do look forward to welcoming you back and hope you chose W Bali as your choice of accommodation upon your next visit.

Craig seaward