“4 Days of Paradise!”

Ranked #19 of 146 Hotels in Seminyak
Manchester, United Kingdom
“4 Days of Paradise!”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Booked this as a surprise for my partners 40th birthday and as there was a large group of 10 of us we decided to get one of the large villa's.
The hotel were so accommodating and all of the staff were so friendly and helpful to make it a birthday my boyfriend wouldn't forget.
I cannot wait to go back to this hotel again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Hello James695,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you chose W Bali as a brithday destination of choice and that the celebrations met your expectations.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for more Wow moments.

Craig Seaward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (842)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 March 2014

amazing hotel ..i loved the hot water in the pool...and that it was not going any deep at all

servise was 5 star ..everything we want was there easy and quiet

i loved it

breakfast was very nice..but if u compaire with europe 5 stars it was not that big ..but its more than enouph xaxax

ull love the hotel and stay at the poolbar at night its amazing ..one of the best near there xaxaxa..for sure

if u have childrens go for villas its perfect ..but if not dont go ..theres no view at all ..its only about privacy

thats all ..it was a lovely experience

Room Tip: if you want privacy book the garden view rooms but the 2 last floors always so theres noone can see...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello nikosmykoniaths,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at W Bali. It does sound as though you found the time to enjoy the retreat and all that is on offer. We do offer a wide range of culinary delights during breakfast to satisfy all tastes.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for more wow moments.

Barnoldswick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This place is eveything it claims to be, staff trip over themselves to tend to your every wish and are super friendly. Breakfast probably the best we've ever experienced and we've stayed all over asia where breakfast is normally top rate.never used the spa so can't comment on that but the rest of the property is brand new and spotless, the pool is fantastic and you get regular ice cream type treats offered by the ever attentive staff.for us the only slight negative point was it was relatively remote and it was a 30 minute walk along the beach to reach some top rate beach bars that served great food and drinks. To a lot of people this is a plus point and I believe a lot of people stay there for that very reason (a taxi only costs £2-3 if you don't fancy the walk)
overall a top rate destination and would recommend it

Room Tip: Sea view rooms on third floor have metal cladding obscuring the view when you're sitting down a...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello j0n0339,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and found the time to relax and absorb the atmosphere or WET and Woo bar.

We do look forward to welcoming you bacn upon your next visit.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 14 March 2014

What a fabulous beach resort! My first impression of the hotel is WOW!

Beautiful
W Retreat and Spa has nothing else but praises to be given. The very first thing you will notice is the driveway into the resort. The drive way from the resort entrance is beautiful and enchanting! A fully covered canopy of lush greens for about 200 meters with rays of light passing through. The driveways are carefully designed to be bumpy, though slightly unpleasant for my wife who is 4 months pregnant. We were very impresed and the 10-minute drive in gave us a grand and luxurious impression.

Security
W is serious when it comes to security. All vehicles are subjected to full checks and there is even a metal detector like those you past through at the airport, though not in use. Security at this 5-star resort is excellent. Security is also deployed on the beach side.

The overall services provided by the hotel were great and deserve 5-star ratings. Staffs are everywhere, with polite greetings and asking how were our stay and if there were anything that we needed.

Service from the doormen is excellent too. We were getting a taxi out for dinner. When the taxi arrived, the doorman handed me a card with the plate number of the taxi. He said Just in case we leave something behind, we can track the taxi to get it back.

We were at the restaurant by the beach watching sunset. One of the hotel staff came by with a can of mosquito repellent spray asking if we wanted our legs sprayed. Of course we wanted and he did. I cannot remember experiencing such excellent hospitality.

Cleaning of the villa were excellent too. There are about a team of at least 5-6 crews working together, quickly, spick and span. With a big team like this one, makes cleaning fast and efficient and amazingly, everything in the villa were restored to it original state like when we first stepped in. The shower room was clean and dry. Free bottled waters were replenished and with extras without request.

Their slogan "Whatever, Whenever" really lived up to its level of sincerity.

Villa
We booked the Marvelous One Bedroom Pool Villa for our 1st wedding anniversary through Agoda and it was fabulous! Our villa, 53, was very near to the lobby and very convenient for us to go to the restaurants especially when my wife who is pregnant and doesn't fancy the bumpy buggy ride. The very first thing that attracts your eyes is the respectably sized pool. It's Not exactly fit for swimmers but enough for a couple to dip and have fun. At 1.2 meters deep, it is definitely safe for almost all adults and teenagers. About half of the pool is shaded by the trees, you get to protect your skin a little.

Next to the pool at the corner of the villa is a pavilion. We did not use the pavilion but I do notice there are many tiny ants crawling around. A mosquito coil is provided if you require further protection from the blood suckers.

The front part of the villa are full height glass panes and doors. The pool is accessible through both the main bedroom and the washroom. W's signature air frenshener made the room smelled fantastic and gives a luxurious feel, very perfume like fragrance.

The weather was extremely humid, so the air-conditioned room was our hang-out place most of the time throughout our stay. There are 2 separate air-conditioning control panels for the living/bed area and the washroom, so you can adjust them separately or switch off the washroom side when you are taking a shower or bath.

The hotel provided a large variety of toiletry items that you will use on a daily basis. Sun lotion is also provided free, if you decide to head to the beach. There are the bathrobes and lots of towels of different sizes. Also, there's a set of purple towels in a W paper bag for you to bring to the beach or the main swimming pool.

An iron and board is provided in the villa to satisfy your appearance perfectionism. A topside open safe to secure your valuables. Like every other respectable hotels, there's always a work desk. In the villa, it is right behind the bed and a very large one with a pen and some writing papers.

Something that surprised us was the sound system. W has installed a BOSE system that features indoor and outdoor sound. There are 2 separate remote controls to control the sound. We spent quite an amount of time figuring out how to use when we wanted to play music from the iPad. They have a iPhone 4 dock, but that is pretty much useless when we are using the an iPad and an iPhone 5.

The bathtub is huge! Really huge! It is more than enough for a couple to enjoy a wonderful bubble bath together. The tub is made of marble, so it can get really slippery.

Power points are available in 2 pins and UK 3 pins. However in our villa, the 3 pins are not usable. Both, one next to the bed and another by the desk had their earth connectors damaged and jammed the slots. We were provided with an adapter (2 pins to 3 pins) for use but without earthing the electrical, I kept getting electrical shocks from using my MacBook Pro. This is quite unacceptable.

Facilities
The path to the main lobby from the villa passes by the gym and spa, which are open 24 hours. There's a in-house clinic too with doctor on duty throughout the day, everyday.

Within the hotel are 2 main restaurants, Fire and Starfish Bloo. Fire serves grills, bbq, some seafood, and deliciously good pizzas! Starfish Bloo serves Asian cuisine and particularly Indonesian and Japanese. Food pricing at both restaurants are very reasonable. I would recommend Fire as the restaurant to go for lunch and dinner. The food is fantastically delicious! Breakfast is served at Starfish Bloo, so you may try lunch or dinner there. Their menu is rather small.

Other facilities include a library if you wish to read with iMacs available for use, and a couple shops for souvenirs, clothings and art works.

Beach
The beach is nice, clean and extends quite a distance to the waters. The sands are a little too coarse. Everyday, there will be gypsies plying the beach selling kites and hats, that kind of stuffs. The kites are nice. I bought a pirate ship kite that looks really cool.

In conclusion, this is a hotel in Bali that you have to stay in for at the least, once. The hotel is great and beautiful, the service is fantastic, the food are excellent and the location is spot on. Trust me, you will love it!

Room Tip: Choose a villa nearer to the main lobby.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Hello DonaldSeah,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback, it is useful to gain such insight. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and that we exceeded your expectations.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to W Retreat & Spa Bali for more WOW moments.

Craig seaward
Reviewed 13 March 2014

After staying at the infamous W retreat for one week, the unfortunate time has come where it is my turn to check out... and someone else's turn to check in to paradise. I have had the pleasure of staying at The W retreat for one week in an Ocean View room with my mum. Not only is the view absolutely breathtaking, the pool extremely relaxing, the food beyond amazing, but the staff... The staff are an absolute asset and have made the experience of this beautiful retreat that much more special. I would personally like to thank the lovely Rika - (cha cha cha) for her on going kindness, friendliness and professionalism. Rika has such a beautiful nature and made my birthday one I will never forget. Her attention to detail and the effortless ability to build rapport with hotel guests is fantastic. Star Fish Bloo hosts the most amazing meals, from breakfast, lunch and of course to dinner! I would like to thank the incredibly kind Bimo for looking after us all week. Bimo has gone above and beyond our expectations, from being able to recommend what meals to try, to assisting with my cocktail requests from another bar. Nothing has been too hard or too much for him, or any of the staff at the W retreat and I would sincerely like to say thank-you. I would not stay anywhere but here. I would HIGHLY recommend the high tea and of course a massage at the beautiful W retreat spa.

• Stayed March 2014
Hello ashataya,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and that we exceeded your expectations. I will pass your comments onto Rika, she will be delighted to hear that she assisted in making your stay a memorable one. I am glad you had the chance to enjoy our cluinary delights on offer at Starfish bloo and received the level of service I would expect.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for more indulgent and memorable moments at W Retreat and Spa Bali.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 March 2014

From before we arrived at the W we had heard fantastic things and this hotel provided all that and so much more.

The rooms are ultra modern and decor is out of this world. The features are above and beyond expectations and the hotel provides everything we could wish for. The staff will blow your mind on a daily basis. We were even given complimentary cupcakes and chocolate upon arrival and a courtesy call after 5 mins to ensure the rooms were up to our expectations.

The pool was outstanding with staff that offer many services throughout the day that you wouldn't get at any other hotel (sunglasses cleaning, cooling spray, eye cucumbers). There was always space throughout the hotel and didn't seem crowded at any point.

The food was delicious although portion size was small and marginally over priced.

Breakfast was the biggest and best selection that changed every day. The best breakfast we had in our trip. You also have the option of ordering from a menu if you didn't want the buffet options.

The Woo Bar had a great atmosphere and when compared with Potato Head (which is just next door) we thought it was far superior.

From the pre-arrival emails to the time we left they executed everything perfectly. The experience at the W has been the best I have ever had and we are sure to be back. All other hotels will now have trouble comparing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Martin C
Hello Martin C,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed stay with us and had an amazing experience. It does sound like you found the time to enjoy the colourful playground of Seminyak.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon for more WOW moments at W Retreat & Spa Bali.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The W Bali is, hands down, my most favorite hotel in my most favorite weekend getaway destination. I fell in love with the W when it first opened a few years ago. The first time you ride down that bamboo archway and see the W sign appear out of the mists is pretty magical. I've spent some fun weekends both on my own and with friends at the W.

But in January 2014, it happened all over again. I got to celebrate my 40th birthday, complete with a surprise party. Aside from being stunned by my friends, the W and its wonderful staff made it a very special weekend.

We had a barbeque at the villa and the staff who helped tend it were great. Everything was cooked to perfection and served with such warmth. If you have a chance to do an in-villa barbeque, take it. The amount of food and the quality of food was amazing.

While Starfish Bloo does a killer brunch and offers a beautiful view of the beach and ocean, food-wise I prefer Fire. The buffet spread at Fire is outstanding. And the experience is made relaxed and playful because you get to choose your own distinct coffee mug. After a long, hard night of "I should know better at 40" partying and booze, the easiness of Fire helped a lot.

That said, the staff at Starfish Bloo did sing "Happy Birthday" to me with such gusto and verve...so I recommend Sunday brunch there.

Even a few of the managers came by with a warm wish and friendly smile.

I want to thank everyone at the W Bali for making my 40th one of the most memorable times in my life. I'll be back next year to celebrate 40 again!

Stan Wong

Room Tip: Splurge for an ocean view room. The roar and roll of the ocean and watching the sky lighten/darken...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Stan W,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am delighted to hear that you chose W Bali as your destination to celebrate your 40th milestone and that we exceeded your expectations. FIRE does have a vast range of culinary delights on offer to satisfy many a palate.

We do look forward to welcoming you back next year and will at the ready to Wow you once again.