“my stay at w bali” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 141 Hotels in Seminyak
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“my stay at w bali”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

one of the best property to be in bali for fun, relaxation and pleasure. The view from balcony is superb and so is the dancing pool. hospitality is truly incredible and the memories of stay and time spent at this property will remember for the rest of the life.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Milindpalany
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Hello mpalany,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and found time to enjoy the surrounding areas.

We do look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Bali.

Craig Seaward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (785)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

How disappointing it was staying in this beautiful hotel to experience the multitude of children
Including babies using the main pool.

Their continual screaming and squealing while playing made my time around the pool
unpleasant.

I could not understand why their parents did not tell them to be quiet,
at times up to 13 children and babies in pool.

I found it amazing that babies were in pool with nappies and some without. There is a children's pool but it did not get used. This us a health issue

I saw a child squat and urinate in one of the outdoor showers with parent by her side.

The hotel is amazing and the staff exceptional apart from the pool
Problem.

The hotel needs to attend to this problem.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jtg764
Hello jtg764,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience. WET can become duiring high occupancy and we do apologize that you didn't enjoy your time there as much as I would have expected.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon for more wow moments.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Great rooms, vibe, food. New and clean, good area and nice beach. Staff is friendly. Pricey but worth it! Stayed in ocean-view room and well worth the additional cost. Went with friends last week of march 2014 and happy to say we made the right resort choice!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Rich S,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall W Bali from the views, dining experiences and our talent.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon for your next wow experience.

Craig seaward
Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is one of the best hotels i've stayed in my life... From the hotel Entrance to the rooms everything was top notch.

Check in was quick,but the check time is at 3 so had to wait about an hour.

The hotel has Superb modern interiors, spacious rooms, all rooms have a Bose sound system, the lobby looks stunning with all the led lighting around, unmatchable service, excellent pool area always lively, very friendly staff.

Woobar was really nice..

The moment i entered the hotel never felt like going out of the hotel for anything.

Away Spa... Interiors of this place is just WOW.. Unbelievable...open 24hrs
But was not too impress with the spa i did not worth the money and everything was too pricey.

But overall excellent stay... surely will come back..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello AlokBaval,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and the design narrative of the hotel.

We do look forward to welcioming you back to W Bali for more wow moments.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed in W two times in one week. I love it.
+: Very good location; cool design of entrance:water, fire; bright colors everywhere; friendly and helpful staff; nice view from the room; music surrounds; clean rooms; modern pompous shisha; stylish pool; I like idea in Spa - oxygen
-: not the best food - the best was to order in room, spa - I ve been couple of times and once it was terrible, masseuse didn't know what to do with my body at all...
For me only this hotel is really cool in Bali

Room Tip: The best view and the best room - WOW suite
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Julia K,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience. It does disappoint me to hear that our range of culinary delights was not to your liking, between Starfish, FIRE and IRD we do offer a vast amount of choices. I will revert back to our Away Spa team to make them aware that you were not statisfied with your away spa treatment.

We look forward to welcoming you back and please do reach out ot me upon your next visit so I can assure that your away spa experience is to the standard I would expect.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Loved the hotel when I first stayed here last year. However, this is my second time one year later and I have some things to say about the W experience.

1) The in-house CD has not changed after a year. Same old music a year ago, that's boring!

2) Foie is on the breakfast menu but not available for 4 days that I stayed there. The fresh honeycomb that was available last time is also gone.

3) We were put into villa 90 in the beginning, but the aircon was malfunctioning. We were there about 4-5 hours in the heat before being switched to another villa! We were given 2 free martinis in compensation.

4) There is some sort of morning bird gathering at the W villas. All 4 days I woke up to a bunch of birds chirping non-stop. Got up and yelled at them and they flew away, only to come back about half hour later. I then went out and threw a stirrer at the birds, then they flew away but came back again!! Someone needs to do a bird hunting. It was difficult to have good sleep with these birds!

5) love the location, staff was great.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank pinkfacedbunny
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Hello pinkfacedbunny,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, it is useful to gain such insight. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and chose to return. Our global music director is currently producing a new symmetry CD which we look forward to sharing with you upon your next visit. I will revert back to our rooms department regarding the birds and we will see this rectified to prevent further inconvenience to guests.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to W Bali and will ensure that you depart having felt the Wow factor!

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Now I admit to not being a great lover of the W Hotel concept and find it all a bit too fake and unreal.
Maybe it's my age (a young 47) but its generally full of young beautiful people who are more interested in looking good than serving you and playing loud music into the early hours.
So I have to admit to being a little surprised by my visit to the W Bali

Firstly the positives:
Great location with amazing views not too far from the airport.
Met personally by the General Manager, Craig, who went out of his way to say hello probably due to my partners SPG Platinum status but still a nice gesture. Lobby bar for drinks at night was amazing with beautiful big sofas looking out over the pool to the sea. Room large with good facilities and large balcony with sea views. Breakfast and all the restaurants generally good with very friendly and helpful staff who remembered our names from day one.
Now the negatives :
This should not be labelled a retreat as it is far from that! The loud music from the pool bar until 1 or 2 am is it not conducive to sleeping if you have come to relax!!
By far the worst part for me were the hoards of screaming and wild children roaming the place which is again what you don't expect when you want somewhere to get away from the hustle and bustle of every day life. Even though there was clearly a kids pool it's was never used and wherever you went for peace and quiet it was interrupted.
In terms of a recommendation it was ok. Not the worst W I have stayed in but certainly not as good as the W in Barcelona.
I personally think it is very overpriced and overhyped for what it is especially when you pay the same at the St Regis Bali but if you don't mind the noise, kids and some fake smiles give it ago.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WilliamR1967
Hello WilliamR1967,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that enjoyed your W Bali experience but a little disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy the overall experience of W Retreat & Spa Bali.

I can understand that at times it can be quite challenging to control DJ’s performances. However, I would like to assure you that we take the feedback of our guests seriously and do ensure that the sound is controlled and kept to a minimum after 10pm.

We are always looking for ways to improve upon on our guests’ experiences and will continue to do so. I do hope you will choose to return to W Bali in the future.