“Classy modern villas, great vibrant hotel”
Review of W Bali - Seminyak

W Bali - Seminyak
Ranked #19 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Hi T.A travellers,
normally stay away from larger hotel chains but this trip was convienent due to business & enjoyed the stay for 2 nights very glad I did. great location
Villa is well laid out & lovely entry pool area, food was great at star fish blue but a bit over serviced, had a chance to lay by the main pool & have lunch that was great light food & very good service those pool area guys are relaxed & helpful the rest guys could learn the relaxed part. Great computer/Library room, all facilty well looked after & nice cold & well made drinks.
Great buffet breakfast also with crazy number of options, Really happy fun & happy place to stay a real surprise well done "W'....

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the villa well worth it.....If not stay anyway just because its fun...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Zwho61
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hello Mark W,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and found the time to explore the colourful playground of Seminyak.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for more wow moments.

Craig seaward

Write a ReviewReviews (3,523)

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Liked our stay… but fairly average for a W Resort.

As a Gold SPG member, was surprised to hear upgrades are not offered to me?

Your rooms are very cool to experience - the bathroom especially!

Pool - Below average for being in Bali. One pool for everyone to use? You fell short in this department for me… the cleanliness of it, lack of seating, was also disappointing.

Shuttle to entrance a huge plus. Great work on providing this to guests.

I would not stay here again but still rate it four stars as for the most part you get what the W promises in their photos/description.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank adam0585
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Hello adam0585,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your overall W Bali experience. Our SPG gold guests can upgrade their room category by using starpoints based on room availability.

Should you change your mind and decide to return to W Bali, please do reach out to me so I can personally oversee your booking and ensure that you leave having experienced the Wow factor.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Went here for a cocktail, was very disappointed with the atmosphere/feel of the place. Don't get me wrong, the surroundings, furniture architecture is stunning. The bathrooms are a work of art... The cocktails our group had were delicious, however we left after just the one, just no atmosphere, music or fun. Bit sad really, considering it is in Bali....

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Slurrie

Hello Slurrie,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am disappointed to hear that your expectation was not met whilst joining us for cocktails at W. Music is our brand passion point and we it is an integral part of our retreat. We do have daily DJ's at woobar creating an iidyllic setting for Sunset.

I do hope you will choose to return and this time leave having experienced the Wow factor of W Bali.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

The W retreat and spa seminyak Bali!!!! WOW wow what a magnificent establishment! This is my 3 rd time there! And evrytime has been a memorable stay! I cannot recommend this hotel enough from the facilities to location to all staff and management! They are all amazing!

Go on give it a go and see for yourself!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hello Pat D,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and that we exceeded your expectations. I will pass your thanks onto our talent, they will be delighted that they assisted in making your stay a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back to W Bali for more Wow moments.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I had a wonderful 3 day 2 night stay at the hotel from 30 April to 2 May.

As usual, before making a reservation for any hotel, I went through the reviews on TripAdvisor. Those reviews made me set a high-expectation on the hotel. Fortunately, throughout my stay there, I was not disappointed with the room and services provided.

Even though I stayed in one of the least glamour room in the hotel (the Garden View room), the hospitality that I had was good as any other guests. Upon check-in, I was informed that the hotel was operating at an almost full occupancy during my two-night stay. However, it certainly did not feel like it. The swimming pool was not crowded, and the lobby seemed quiet for a hotel that was at full capacity.

The room that I stayed in was really huge. Even after fitting in a King-size bed, bath tub, shower area, his-and-hers standalone water basin, standalone mini-bar, a six-door wardrobe closet, a huge balcony with a lounge chair, as well as a big and comfortable built-in sofa and table, the room still had plenty of floor space.

While the hotel's modern design and decor does not truly reflect Bali's culture and charm, the service was unmistakably Bali. Coupled with W's Whatever Whenever tagline, you'll definitely feel pampered wherever you are within the hotel ground.

The hotel's location in Seminyak is a big plus. The popular beach club, Potato Head, is just next door and easily reachable with a walk on the beach. Ku De Ta is just a 5 to 10 minute taxi-ride away. The shops and restaurants on the stretch near Seminyak Square (around 1km away, but to get there may take a 10 minute taxi ride due to traffic) are nicer compared to other shops in Bali.

One area that I believe the hotel could improve is on their in-room entertainment. For on-demand movies, rather than having guests choose DVDs from a catalogue, I believe the hotel could upgrade their in-room entertainment by streaming the movies directly onto the in-room entertainment system.

Room Tip: If you're not looking for the view of the ocean, the Garden View room is value for your money.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Ashahredzuan,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W experience and enjoyed the colourful playground of Seminyak. I will revert back to our team will your constructive comments and ensure that we continue to improve our service.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon for further wow moments.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights.We had a pool villa. nice,quite and private. The room and the pool area are surrounded with Boss sound system. Simply plug in your iPhone, enjoying music while swimming is fantastic.Besides, loved the supplies that W provided. Shampoos, body gel are all made by Bliss with nice fragrance,easpecially the "bugger off" insects repellent whitch is the oils of lavender,lemongrass...and it works well! (wish I could buy some and bring them back home:) However, the only disappointed point is the villa did show the sign of age. There are some marks at floor, bath tab,etc. When we walked in, we thought housekeeping didn't done job properly. We mentioned to one of the staff. While we were away for dinner, housekeepers were sent to our villa reclean the whole thing and left a card apologised for inconvenience. In fact it's nothing to do with housekeeping, it's just the sign of age. I would say the customer service is fabulous!!
The "wet" area is amazing. Gorgeous ocean view. We had stayed with another villas in Nusadua 2 nights before W hotel. Kind of regret that we should have booked the hotel room with ocean view!
As we stayed in villa, which is a little bit away from the entertainment area. Hotel provided with buggy service to pick up from or sent to anywhere we wanted to be, which is incredibly convenient. Special thanks for Dharma,who's been very helpful during our stay! All the staff are very welcoming.
Well,totally recommended, and looking forward to experience the W hotel in Maldives!

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Kewpierica
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Hello Kewpierica,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you had a fantastic stay. It does sound like you found time to enjoy all areas of the Retreat from Away Spa to our venues. I will pass your kind comments back to our talent, they will be happy to hear that they assisted in making your stay a memorable one.

Wre do look forward to welcoming you back for more wow moments soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

A group of us, some local X pats and some tourists gathered to share our friends 40Th birthday in the woo bar restaurant what a location an amazing buffet lunch with a great selection of food on offer something for everything. A set price of 500 thousand rupee for non drinkers and 990 thousand rupee for drinkers, we found this to be great value for what you got.Then after lunch if you can move you can head onto the lawn by the pool grab a bean bag and relax.
Give it a go we know you wont be disappointed

Room Tip: Try to make a reservation in advance to avoid possible disapointment
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Glenn N,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It's great to hear that you choice Woo bar as your destination choice for your celebrations.

I do hope you will chose W Bali as your next accomodation choice. We look forward to welcoming you back for more indulgent cocktails at stunning sunsets at Woo bar.