“Absolutely amazing”

Ranked #19 of 145 Hotels in Seminyak
Turin, Italy
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Our 5 days long stay at the W retreat was an amazing experience. The villas offer peace and quiet, while relaxing in the private pool. The resort also provides a swimming pool and beach loungers near the sea and a fast access to the ocean. The two main restaurants are both excellent, especially Fire if you fancy some exquisite meat. There is plenty of staff and they are always ready to help at any moment with a smile on their face. The speed and precision of the service at both restaurants and resort was always admirable. The only negative fact we have noticed was during breakfast when everything seemed to slow down and become more confused, but this remained as a minor side note in a perfect holiday.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Vittorio A
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Vittorio A,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and had a relaxing holiday.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for more wow moments soon.

Craig Seaward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (831)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Parrearra, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed in a private villa the last 2 nights of our 11 day holiday and we were absolutely blown away! From the moment we got there to the moment we left we were treated like royalty. The staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable and memorable. Our villa was beautiful and the bath products are 5 star. We went to both the Starfish Bloo and Fire Restaurants for dinner and they were both outstanding! The breakfast at the Starfish was amazing and you couldn't ask for anything more, it had everything you could possibly want and more. I will definitely be staying back at The W and am looking forward to the same wonderful service at The W in Singapore in December. Their motto "Whatever Whenever" is definitely followed through in this "W".

Room Tip: If you can afford a villa, I would definitely recommend it as you get the best of both worlds! If yo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hello kimjas67,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you had a fantastic experience at W Retreat & Spa Bali and found the time to enjoy your restaurants & bars.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for more wow moments.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights with wife and 2 yo daughter at 425 retreat. Great service all around from airport pickup to trip back to airport. Huge rooms with awesome amenities. An awesome resort living up to expectation of the brand. Totally loved it. Only 3 things I would like to see improved: better halal breakfast selection for muslim guests. There were not much on offered that we could eat besides the usual eggs pancakes porridge toast beans etc, disappointment there. None of the big stuff were good for us. Bathroom floor is very slippery especially if you have a 2 yo kid, even for adults. Perhaps non slip mats to be provided if dont wanna change flooring? Room in general is a bit dark but ive read about this before. Maybe another additional source of light would be good.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Wan Ridzuan H
Hello Wan Ridzuan H,

Thank you for sharing constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience. We do assure that there is a wide range of breakfast items available for all guest, I am sorry to hear that this didn't meet your expectation.

We do look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Bali.

Melbourne
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Third time visitors and for good reason. The hotel just gets better and better in every way, the staff, the food, the quirks.....in fact the entire Hotel is maturing in to a Balinese paradise. We have reviewed this hotel on every occasion that we have stayed because it deserves recognition. My wife and I are fortunate to travel regularly and we can't look beyond the W brand. If you haven't stayed in one it's time for a treat so get booking! Once you have experienced this level of uniqueness you will never settle for the plain old Hotel style that other top quality chains offer.

The attention to detail throughout the hotel is incredible. Everything is maintained to perfection and the many improvements the hotel has added over the years simply now matures the whole experience. Our vacation from arriving at the check in desk and being assisted by super friendly Kiki, breakfast dining being made special each and every day by Dewi (and a host of others), impeccable attention by the incredible one of a kind W insider Dino, right through to personal attention from the hotels own General Manager Craig makes this Hotel is a six star quality inspiration!!

We'll done W. We will be returning for more in 2015 and will be counting the weeks until we can return for more of the WOW factor. If we had a tip it's just keep doing what your doing, from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave the W is X-ceptional!!!!

Room Tip: Ocean rooms are superbly blessed with a stunning panoramic sea view where you can watch the hotels h...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CraddersMelbourne
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Hello CraddersMelbourne,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and we can now refer to you as a W ambassador. I will pass your comments back to our talent, they will be happy to hear that they assisted in making your stay a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more wow moments soon.

Hornsby, Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2014

W Retreat & Spa Bali is the place for a day visit or a place to lay your head awhile. Whenever I'm in or around Seminyak. I always pop into the W hotel, whether for a meal in 'Fire' or 'Starfish Blue' restaurants or just a cool drink or coffee at the 'Woobar' (amazing place to be at sunset) or the foyer for afternoon tea (the array of mouthwatering cakes are too hard to resist) I am never disappointed no matter where I park my behind. The staff are always willing to help with any query you may have with their ever present smile. I highly recommend the W Hotel....

Room Tip: The villa's are a private oasis....
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SandyVM
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Hello SandyVM,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic feedback. I am delighted to hear that you are a regular W ambassador and have experienced our restaurants and venues and W Happenings.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more wow moments.

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My family and I vacationed at the W Hotel in Seminyak, and we were amazed. We stayed in a 3 bedroom pool villa, which was a bit pricey but was worth it nonetheless. However, I could agree that 3 bedrooms were completely unnecessary for our needs. We actually got to see the 2 bedroom pool villa, and even that was incredibly fancy and amazing overall.

The people who work at this hotel are all incredibly kind. The people here greeted you whenever they could, smiling broadly and making us feel more welcome. Oh, and also, there was one person who was incredibly kind to us when we first moved in; his name was pronounced "Ee-Mum"? I don't know how to spell his name, but he was so very kind; running around and getting us things like candy, chocolate, and water just for us. I would give six stars for service if I could.

The sleep quality here was very nice, the covers felt amazing, they gave us four pillows, and they also equipped us with mosquito repellant so we wouldn't be bitten. Also, the trees made a satisfying rustling sound, soothing me to sleep, and it was very quiet outside our villa.

The food here was way better than what any one of us had expected. We had breakfast at Starfish Bloo every morning, a delicious breakfast buffet. There were so many things there, ranging from egg benedict to frozen yogurt. For lunch we just had room service, which was brought very quickly to us, still warm and tasty. We had dinner at Starfish Bloo and Fire.

And I can't really rate location, because we never left the hotel itself in the entire trip; that's because there are so many things to do inside. We also didn't visit the spa, so I couldn't rate it.

We stayed 3 nights and 5 days, but I think it would be better to stay one more night, and that would probably be a perfect trip.

Amazing food, amazing service, amazing rooms, amazing everything. Stay here if you want a good vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Charles_Chasu_Park
Hello Charles_Chasu_Park,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience. It does sound like you found the time to enjoy the colourful playground and all on offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more wow moments soon.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have stayed at the W before and had to visit to see if the second time could be as good as the first.
Well the W is everything that you imagine and the second time staying at this wonderful place I must say was even better.
Staff welcomed us back with loving arms and made this stay unbelievable.
The W rocks stayed in a villa which was our own piece of paradise.
Will be staying here again and could honestly say this will be the only place I will ever stay when visiting bali.
Thank you W Resort and staff for the best time.G

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing I have checked them all out personally.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Hello Grant S,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you had a fantastic stay at W Bali. I will pass your comments onto our talent, they will happy to hear that they assisted in making your stay a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back to W Retreat & Spa Bali soon.