“Very chic, lovely suite, SUPER music!”
Review of W Bali - Seminyak

W Bali - Seminyak
Ranked #19 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed after our visit to Ijen. The perfect spot for some R&R after the hike to Ijen. We had a suite which was fantastic. Large room, huge sitting area, pumping music. The view was magnificent. It's bang in the middle of Seminyak so short stroll away from everything. The breakfast is like any hotel breakfast. Woobar is a must visit though- great place for a chilled out evening to relax and hear the sounds of the ocean. Cute stuff- they change the mats in the elevator to say Good Morning, Good Afternoon and Good Night- awwwh. Only downside- I left my lovely red rimmed Marc Jacobs sunglasses at the reception and when I went back to get em- they were gone. The staff said it wasn't there in lost & found. The next morning- I saw them on a guest at the breakfast area & was so mad! They even had the chip on the side like mine did. I really wanted to watch the security video to see if she swiped them- but didn't want to create a scene. So in a nutshell- take care of your belongings- even at the W, people can nick your stuff.

Room Tip: Suite if budget permits. Top floor rooms otherwise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Hello happytravelnazi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W Retreat & Spa Bali experience and spent some time within your restarants and bars enjoying our indulgent cocktails and sunset beats. I am sorry to hear that you misplaced your sunglasses during your stay.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for more relaxing moments.

Craig Seaward

Write a ReviewReviews (3,529)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed in a private pool villa for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon and totally loved it. The staff spoiled us. The room was sensational. The buffet breakfast was awesome and the spa massage experience was pure bliss. We loved every moment.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Suzie R
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hello Suzie R,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic feedback. I am delighted to hear that you selected W retreat & Spa Bali to celebrate your honeymoon and that you found the time to enjoy some indulgents moments are Starfish bloo and relaxing moments at Away Spa.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for more wow moments soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Just a quick review. We had 3 nights at the W. We have 3 young kids (1,5, and 7) and realise this isn't such a great hotel choice for us. We were in a regular hotel room.

POSITIVES: Very trendy, really great helpful staff who are happy to make spa and restaurant reservations for you, great atmosphere in the grounds when there is a DJ gig on at the Woo Bar. Great sound system in the room. Great Seminyak location.

NEGATIVES: breakfast was an additional $100AUD for the family which made the room even more expensive. Room was not that big or special given the price. Guests next door to us had party at 2am -VERY loud music - we thought it was coming from the Woo Bar, security had to be called (I understand this is not the W's fault but might be indicative of the clientelle to expect). Overall not really set up for young kids and not sure really worth the price (we paid $400/night).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank family--twoyoungkids
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Hello family--twoyoungkids,

Thank you for sharing you your constructive feedback on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience. I am sorry to hear that you found over price point too expensive but I do expect that this to be reflected within the service received.

I do hope you will return to W Retreat & Spa Bali upon your next visit.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Our stay at the w was great. I am an ambassador SPG member (due to work trips) and was treated amazingly well from the time we arrived until we left. We paid for a 1 br plunge pool villa on points and it was spectacular. Fantastic breakfast, friendly staff and a luxurious spa. Thanks for the great stay!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hello Andrew A,

Thank you for sharing for fantastic feedback. I am happy to here that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and found the time to enjoy the culinary delights in our restaurants and bars.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for more SPG moments soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The w hotel bali was a unique experience, we lived the quirky elements of the hotel such as the big lips cushions on the sun loungers and the pigs might fly stickers on the glass, choosing a mug on arrival at breakfast.....Thank you w bali for the most amazing birthday reception of balloons, champagne, red velvet cake was such a lovely surprise. We loved our spectacular sea facing room on the fifth floor. You must request 4th or 5th floor for the best view. The bliss toiletries and the excellent tea and coffee making facilities were a bonus, the bed was the comfiest hotel bed I think I've ever slept in! The breakfast was delicious, lots of choice from sweet to savoury and great timings from 6.30am-11am. We ate every meal at the hotel sampling woo bar, fire and star fish bloo and all meals were exceptional with excellent service. A great thank you to the restaurant manager who looked after us, impeccable service by him and his team. We really enjoyed woo bar, the setting, ambience and amazing cocktails. The pool area never felt overcrowded, I was surprised to see children at the resort, it's not really a child friendly kind of place (we didn't feel) the pool is clean and a great cooling temperature. The sea is extremely high surf so not too safe for swimming. The hawkers on the beach are controlled and are unable to get into the resort. We had booked an airport transfer with the hotel, a fabulous BMW x5. We are so glad we did, excellent driving and the airport taxi queue was chaos! The last thing you need after a nightmare visa and immigration queue. Thank you W bali for an amazing holiday. We are so glad we chose this hotel for part of our bali stay.

Room Tip: Fourth or fifth floor for excellent sea views but you can hear the music from woo bar if you're...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Expatdubz

Hello Expatdubz,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your W experience and the brand idenity of the property. It does sound like you found the time to enjoy our restaurant, venues and AWAY Spa.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for more wow moments at W Bali.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Currently back in Singapore and missing my vacation in Bali..

Check in:
We arrived 2 Sundays ago and check-in was done smoothly. Since our room wasn't ready yet we took our time to check out the hotel and we were completely blown away! Loved the vibes from the hotel and everyone looked absolutely happy to be in the hotel. Staff were also friendly and helpful.

Room:
When we got to our Ocean Facing room, we were surprised by a DIY martini drink and petals on the bed as we were celebrating our anniversary! Very nice touch by the hotel. :) Also love the natural sunlight streaming into the huge bathroom! Views from the room was so gorgeous and it was lovely to wake up to hear the crashing of the waves throughout the day, so relaxing.

Food & Drinks:
Welcome drinks were so refreshing everyday!
We also ordered drinks from Woobar while we waited for our room. We concluded after our whole trip that drinks from Woobar were better than the other bars we tried during the trip (Potatohead and Ayana). Strong drinks accompanied with good music, what's not to love?
We paid a visit to Fire on our 1st night and the services were top notch. Staff were friendly enough to ask about our stay and recommended their dishes to us. Oysters were fresh. Steaks were excellent!!!!! And all priced very reasonably. We see why people staying in other hotels would come by just for Fire.
On our 2nd day, we had breakfast by the pool and the breakfast sets were so yummy! Only gripe was that it took awhile.. but spent our waiting time lounging by the beautiful pool.

Plus points:
Free shuttle out to the entrance because the entire property is so big. Staff were also kind enough to help you change/make reservations at restaurants, and giving insider tips when we ask.

Location:
It's about 30mins from the airport but pretty accessible to famous restaurants nearby. It's a distance away from Seminyak Square and the shopping area but cabs are easily available and it isn't expensive at all.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay in W Retreat & Spa Bali. Every part of the villa is absolutely gorgeous and we hope to return in near future to try out their villas! This trip was particularly memorable because my boyfriend proposed to me during the trip. Thank you W and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Room Tip: Get the ocean facing rooms because the view is worth the price!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Hello hellocupid,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and found the time to experience the colourful playground of Seminyak. I will pass your kind comments onto our talent, they will be happy to hear that they assisted in making your stay a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more relaxing and indulgent wow moments.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I returned to Bali after a 9 year break and it was recommended that I stay at the W as I was travelling solo. The unbelievable traffic made the drive from the airport to the hotel nearly 2 hours. Fortunately I was warmly greeted by the staff. The check in was fast however my room wasn't ready even though it was 4pm. The staff graciously offered me a complimentary afternoon tea whilst I waited. The ocean facing room was gorgeous and spacious. I was on the 5th level. The toiletries were abundant and always replaced. Free bottled water was most appreciated. The food at the Fire and Starfish Bloo was fine and the selection of cuisines was enjoyed by all the guests. All the staff smiled and were so helpful. The only negative was the loud disco music from the Woo Bar that continued until 10pm. If you are a light sleeper choose a different room as the sound of the waves can also keep you awake.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper try the garden rooms or the villas.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Helen S
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Hello Helen S,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am happy to hear that you selected W Bali as your choice of Retreat. I am happy that you received the level of service I would expect.

We do look for ward to welcoming you back upon your next visit for more relaxing and inudlgent moments.