“Love the W” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 141 Hotels in Seminyak
Sydney, Australia
“Love the W”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Came for a birthday trip with my daughter. Never visited Bali before. I felt very safe with all the security checks in place at the hotel. Met at the airport by the Hotel driver which I would recommend as a seamless easy arrival rather than having the hassle of taxis and queues at the airport. Lovely entrance from main road with a beautiful bamboo arch.
Stunning gardens and grounds and lovely welcoming staff always there with a smile. The transport staff are to be particularly commended. The rooms are great and very spacious. we had a lovely sea view on the 5th floor with stunning views of the hotel grounds, pool and ocean. The only thing I think needs to be addressed is the tendency of some selfish guests to reserve the best sunbeds with their towels all day and never show up when some guests have to be turned away due to lack of beds where they want to be. Surely there should be a policy if you are not there after an hour of reserving then you loose the bed. After all we have all paid the same rates here and we are all guests.
The Woo Bar for cocktails and snacks is great at sunset with a cool vibe. The Hotel is very well thought out, clean and trendy and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here.

Room Tip: Higher floor 4th and 5th are best.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank wanchaiSydney
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Hello wanchaiSydney,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and found time to enjoy all aspects of our retreat and enjoyed sunset at Woobar. We do assure that our inhouse guests are given priority access to all daybeds.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to W Retreat & Spa Bali for more wow moments.

Craig Seaward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (785)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

My Wife and I stayed at the W Resort Bali as part of a Honeymoon trip. We booked into a one bedroom Villa. Was probably the priciest room per night I have ever paid but I do think it is worth it.

The villa was stunning. Over a large area and was completely private too. Our pool was huge which we later found out that there are a few villas with larger pools than most and ours was one of them. (Villa 70). We made very good use of it too as we pretty much spend our whole daytime in the sun/in the pool with the outside speakers in constant use too. It was a little bit far from the main lobby but buggy’s were at our service to take us around the resort and the main entrance.

The Staff throughout were very friendly and helpful and was enjoyable chatting with them.

The rest of the Hotel was very grand and modern. Felt quite American. Wouldn’t feel out of place in Vegas. Took us a while to get our bearings!

Was very impressed with the breakfast each morning we flipped from the Fire restaurant to the Starfish Bloo (Starfish Bloo for Villa and suite guests only) though they didn’t differ much food wise just has a nicer setting and slightly more choice. So much to choose from and food is kept very fresh. Though not that hot at times..

Was a very enjoyable stay. You can tell a lot of effort goes in to pleasing guests and the villa for me was the highlight. I have given 4 stars as I still think its expensive and I don't think a resort like this would be for everyone. It is for me but my Wife prefers something a bit more traditional. Like the ‘Samaya’ resort down the road.

Room Tip: Villa 70 has a larger private pool than other one bedroom villas (couple of others too but don't...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hello FIreball84,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to here that you selected W Retreat & Spa to spend your honeymoon and that you enjoyed your experience. I will pass your kind comments back to our talent, they will be delighted to hear that they assisted in making your stay a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back to W Retreat & Spa Bali upon your next visit.

Cairo, Egypt
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We'll we arrived me and my wife at evening time we had to wait a little after when the lady on front desk welcomed me she started the check in process ,she suddenly told me you have to know that if your children will have breakfast will be charged !! Note my girl is 2y + and boy he is 4 + I got little upset then I discovered that one of luggage was damaged !any way we solved kids issue then she gave us a key for villa no 60 I asked her to arrange sheets etc for kids she said I have to charge u again !!! We'll the truth I felt I'm in no international chain any way till here it's ok the problems started when we had suddenly while we r sleeping afternoon after a busy day at swimming pool sudden stop in our ac so we called maintenance they came then they said it's leaking ( ac )and needs about 3 hours fixing I was so tired I told the guy ok so they started working above us with the lovely sounds of hummers etc!!!! And all that the ac was not working we had to suffer the hot weather any way after it worked next day on breakfast we could not eat from the green salad at the star fish restaurant. As it was full of small insects,,,,,""!! So I called the chef responsible showed him he laughed and changed it !!! Any way next day we r sleeping suddenly at 3 morning we wake up all as it's v hot and we disocver that in my villa no 60 there was no electricity so I had to call reception they send a technician. He tried to check then he said it may be nothing so he switched the filter of swimming pool off after he went in 5 minutes we suddenly here a boom ,,,,,!and a smells of burning electricity. Fire and the ac on sudden stop so sure I was surprised with some worry I called for reception again and they send the duty manager his name Eca he said it's ok and they will try to fix !!sure at that time I was so angry kids wife every body awakened and worry and it's already 4 morning and as information passed to me we had to shift or either to stay with no ac till they fix heheh !!! We'll at the end after I got really angry we shifted to villa 70 I'm not sleeping till it's 6 morning still our things and belongings in other villa and we have next day to have the long process of again shifting ( what a tired vacation it is in a w retreat ,,,) im so angry I need to meet the general manager as if I som all since arrival broken luggage , broken ac , boom in electricity because of bad repaired ac, too much flies on morning breakfast , v high sea waves sure not suitable at all for kids if u r having with u and v cold swimming pool at room while I thought it would be heated as I used to be in heated swimming pools when I'm with children as they feel cold .. I hope ill continue my vacation in better conditions as I'm still in same hotel really I wish I was in other hotel as I'm tired angry and ..any way wish who ever will try it a better luck although hotel have luxury and good stuff but this is what I faced and I think management should make sure things would be better at all aspects ( restaurant cleanness food variety as even they don't have any kind of nuts almonds etc and no beef all is pork and salads are very bad criteria ,,,,) I'm really upset and I'm tired of this vacation what a pity I had to pay a lot to arrive to lovely Bali ,,,,

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank maninblackthe1
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Manintheblack1,

Many thanks indeed for posting your Trip Advisor review whilst still staying at the W Bali. It’s important to get a balanced view point of your stay and please allow me the opportunity of responding.

As soon as we were made aware of your air-conditioning issue that you had, the Hotel Manager reached out to you personally and met with you yesterday morning to find out that your had other issues during your stay. We immediately upgraded you and your family from a 1 bedroom villa, to a two bedroom villa as the air conditioner breakdown was a technical malfunction and not something that we can foresee or control. This was to demonstrate that we take these issuers very seriously and needed to get you and your family comfortable. We also offered a 1 night rebate for the inconvenience that you went through, and this was passed as a credit to your room bill.

We do have a permanent air conditioning company based on property who do continuous preventative maintenance, and villa 60 has been occupied many time over the month with no issues. We did repair the AC on your first night but the compressor then burnt out and needed to be replaced. This is unfortunate and with small children I do understand the inconvenience that this has caused combined with the frustrations you had with your suitcase being damaged on your flight.

The Food and Beverage Director also connected up with you personally regarding your breakfast, and offered your children complimentary breakfast on the first day, but the hotel does have a children’s policy, which is 0 to 3 years old complimentary and 4 -12 years old 50% discount. The Hotel Manager also offered for you to take breakfast in the villa, for you and your family, with no additional charges.

I have met with the chefs today regarding the insect that you found in your salad. This regretful and measures have been taken to ensure that this does not happen again.

We are all here to ensure that you and your family do have an enjoyable holiday and the Hotel Manager has spoken to you on most days to ensure that you are being well taken care of. It’s important that we get some recovery and the management remain available to you at any time to ensure that the rest of your stay is enjoyable.

Best personal regards,

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Definitely worth the money, what luxury. Had a fabulous stay with my husband and daughter. Room was very modern, bathroom with glass surround fab but not too practical with 3 of us tho there're was a blind to pull across. See through glass in the toilet , we had to make sure we let the others know we were going otherwise no privacy. That said everything else about the room and hotel was first class. Bountiful supply of bottled water too.

Pool was amazing and great size. We were a little bit disappointed with the amount of guests putting towels on sunbeds before breakfast and not returning till nearly lunchtime tho wen we did once complain to pool guy he rang the guests room found out they weren't there and moved towel off bed - right result. Tho the next day the same guests had obviously complained because the pool guys had been told by management to put towels out for them which we were not impressed about and the guests turned up about two hours later , when there had been lots of grates looking for sunbeds . This does happen in a lot of hotels but surely not a five star.

Having said that we would definitely go back or stay in another hotel from the same group.

Many thanks for a good stay.

Room Tip: Definitely an Ocean view, the waves were amazing
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hello lisa R,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and found the time to enjoy all aspects of the retreat. I am sorry to hear that you did not recieve the level of pool service I would expect, we do assure that all guests all given prioirty to the day beds and that this is managed by our WET team.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Their pool/beach/bar area on the water is beautiful. Great place to watch the sunset. The buffet was excellent and had many options. The hotel itself is situated in from the main road but they have golf carts that take you to and from the main road to the lobby which is also very open and welcoming.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Hello Shaun S,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at W Retreat & Spa Bali. It does sound like you found the time to enjoy our restaurants and venues.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit for more wow moments.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Spent a week here and absolutely loved it. Yes it is on the expensive side for Bali - but the quality is unsurpassed by anywhere else I've stayed. It's the little details, like the quality of the fittings in the room, or the staff that are much friendlier than they have to be. Will definitely be back.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Rhys D
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hello RhysD,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and received the level of service culture I would expect.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for more wow moments.

Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

All i can say is wow! Bit pricey for bali but it was amazing. You would be silly not to stay there if you had the chance.
Just awesome! I cannot say one bad thing about this hotel. Staff were great, food was great, especially breakfast, lots of variety. I would definately stay here again. Loved the pool villa. Was everything i wanted.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
1 Thank JessicaMalec
Hello JessicaMalec,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience. It sound like you found the time to enjoy the colourful playground of the retreat and our restaurants and venues.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more wow moments soon.