We stayed at the W for the last leg of our 3 week honeymoon in Bali and we were most excited about this place!
We booked a one bedroom pool villa which was lovely. The room was imaculate and they had nice touches like rose petals on the bed and a lovely cocktail for us. To be honest the rooms are very cool. No detail is missed out and we loved it!
The cons for us...
The issues we had started when our air con kept breaking. This happened twice. They were very good at fixing it however this did interupt our stay. We booked a pool villa for a reason and that was so me and my new husband could have some privacy. The housekeeping was also extremely poor at coming to clean our villa. So much so that we had to phone most days after waiting till after 2/3pm and no one had appeared. This was never really addressed by management. On our second last night the villa started leaking and the water had leaked through to some paintings we had bought in Ubud which unforunately could not be fixed. After a word with management this was sorted out quickly. They gave us a new painting which was to replace the one that had been damaged. I have to say that the way they handled us was very good and we appreciated their sincere apologies after all our issues.
We were then moved to a 3 bedroom pool villa for our last night and it was like nothing I have ever seen!! Beautiful villa with a huge pool and so much more. We put all our troubles behind us and decided to get the in villa BBQ which Arul organised. He was amazing!!
This hotel is beautiful with lots to do! The design is fun and quirky and we never stopped taking photos. We liked Fire for dinner as we are more steak than fish people so avoided Starfish bloo as we didnt really enjoy our food there. Thats just our taste though! We also loved the cocktail our and attended every day! Loved the free pizza :) Potato head is right next door as well. We went but the queue for a bed was 100 long so we just stayed for lunch which was lovely. I know lots of people stay there for the sunset but the view from the W is the same so I would opt for the Woo bar over Potato head if we were to come back.
All in all we would definitely come back to the W. Although there were many issues with our stay they were addressed by the staff and they took ownership of the complaint once I asked to speak to management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape hectic philosophies, and why not plunge into vibrant glitz amidst natural splendors? We're a new found playground along the shores of Seminyak, where trendsetting chic restaurants, clubs, fashions and eclectic galleries await discovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your W Bali - Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak Hotel Seminyak
- w Retreat And Spa Bali - Seminyak
- W Bali - Seminyak