“Great hotel for couples and families”
Review of W Bali - Seminyak

W Bali - Seminyak
Ranked #18 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Arriving in Bali and in Seminyak there is a very small entyrance to the W Retreat and Spa. However, the long driveway overhung with bamboo foliage, like a tunnel, is a beautiful sight. At security (tight on each entry) it opens out into a beautiful driveway with fountains etc.
The foyer is large and welcoming with the sound of the surf and feel of the soft breezes from the ocean, with a clear view of the beach. Chairs to lounge in or to sit in line the back of the foye looking over the plantation and pools to the beach. We chose a garden view room (very quiet and peaceful) and glad we did. The sea view is a little noisy for us, but may suit others. Check in was smooth and courteous, the room large with all amenities. Breakfast was INR300K for two for buffet. Also available was breakfast on the terrace with a continental (enough for two people) INR140K available on the terrace.
The location of this hotel was magnificent, whether a taxi ride to Seminyak Square, around INR 30K or walking on the beach, access to upmarket or lower market massages external to the hotel within easy reach using the hotel transport to the front gate.
All staff at this establishment were friendly and service orientated.
Ate in their restaurant on the last night and enjoyed a really well prepared meal.
There are at least 5 of the top ten restaurants in Bali within a short taxi ride or walking distance from the front gate.
Enjoyed a spa session in the treatment rooms.
Sundown drinks on the terrace - wonderful
Highly recommend the hotel, its location and the acessibility to facilities
Kick back, relax and enjoy life

Room Tip: Go for the garden rooms if you want quiet in the evening
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Hello WillJune,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear thar you enjoyed your W Retreat & Spa Bali experience, it does sound as though you found the time to enjoy all aspects of the retreat including the culinary delights on offer in our restuarants and venues.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more wow moments soon.

Craig Seaward

Write a ReviewReviews (3,569)

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I had the oppourtunity to experience the mad t party twice in the last week and can i say how amazing it was. The booking process was extremely easy to complete online and from the moment we walked into the lobby we felt so welcome. Kadek and all the amazing staff showed so much warmth and the service they provided was nothing short of 5 star. The food was amazing on both days and we even got a visit the second time from the chef! We were extremely spoilt by kadek and all her staff with complimentary rose tea and a zonut as she knew i wanted to try that particular flavour! I can not recommend this experience enough and i can only say a huge thankyou to the team at w and i will be recommending this experience to everyone i know! I will definitely be back next time i'm in bali

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jadecallisto
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Hello jadecallisto,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you chose to visit W Retreat and Spa Bali and experience our Mad T Party. I will pass your comments onto our talent, they will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon in W Lounge.

We do look forward to welcoming you back and hope that you will choose to stay with us upon your next visit to Bali.

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

After just 1 hour the staff already knew our names and made us feel right at home.

We had an oceanview room on level 4 and it was spectacular!!

When we walked into the room there was music playing and it was a great way to start your stay.

The his and hers sinks are a great touch with a wet room with a roof that opens up so you can shower under the clouds or stars!!

Perfect if you want to be close to restaurants and potato head is really close by too!

I'll be coming back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Hello TravelBug1286,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the time to enjoy all aspects of our retreat from restaurants to venues and Away Spa.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon for more wow moments.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Being my first time to Bali, I decided to stay in the nicest area which is Seminyak and the W always showed up high on the list of hotels and they did not fail to impress. The level of customer service is impeccable. I had arranged for a car to pick me up from the hotel over email and they informed me a guy with an ipad with the w logo on it would be there to pick me up and take me to the hotel. When I arrived he was there as they said and escorted me to a car where another individual met me to drive me to the hotel. When you get to the hotel, it is like a james bond villian's compound and I mean that in the nicest of ways. The car took me to the front gate where I was greeted and then taken to another gate where a little golf cart or mini shuttle picked me up to take me to check in which is outside overlooking their incredible view of the ocean. Being an SPG member, they already knew my info and greeted me warmly as I am sure they do for all of their guests. When the main guy Craig Seaward came to greet me personally, he had asked how my day had went and I informed him all is good but I accidentally broke the bottle of Chilean cabernet I had bought at the duty free when I was checking in to the hotel. He sympathized and said he would replace it and send one up later. Thanks again Craig it was very much appreciated after being on the plane and wanting to relax in my room before I took in the scenary. As for the scenary, taking in the sunset is something everyone does in Bali and the W has an incredible view and bar (which is also a hot spot) to experience this daily ritual. Since I was staying at a hotel with a spa, I decided to get a massage and their spot is open 24 hours and highly worth paying a little extra for their treatment. The hotel itself is also close to lots of fusion foodie restaurants and not far from kuta beach. Finally, the hotel staff were very personible and always very accomodating. The hotel rooms were very spacious and had every item possible to make your stay better with the nice bonus being a retractable sun roof for my shower. I cant say enough to describe what an awesome experience it was to stay here. Just book it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Hello johnnymaze,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W Retreat & Spa Bali experience and found the time to enjoy all aspects of the retreat. I will pass your kind comments back to the talent, they will be happy to hear that they assisted in making your stay a memorable one.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon for your next W experience and more wow moments.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We chose this hotel to relax and chill out out for a long weekend away, and the W did not disappoint.
The hotel is right on the beach, with good good restaurants and fantastic service. Nothing is too much trouble for the lovely staff. If you're there on a Sunday make sure you book in for Sunday brunch - fabulous.
We had a garden room rather than a beach room which turned out to be great as it was very quet. I think the rooms overlooking the pool and the beach could get very noisy. Potato Head is next door and one night the music was really loud coming from there.
If you want classic quality I would say go to the Oberoi. If you want funky, fun quality go to the W. We loved it and will definitely go back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Jint H,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your W experience and found the time to enjoy our restuarants and venues and sample the culinary delights on offer at our Starfish bloo brunch.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon for more wow moments.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I like this hotel because it is what it says it is. Good location, trendy, great service, nice rooms and good views with a good wide beach. Okay restaurants but lots of great restaurants around in this part of Bali. That is why I gave it a 4 and not a five star. I would come back. My partner thought it was great

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are great
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello vaca227,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your W Retreat & Spa Bali experience and also found the time to enjoy the colourful playground of Seminyak.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for more relaxing and indulgent wow moments.

Cragi Seaward

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay mainly because the staff were all quite exceptional - at every opportunity they were always courteous and keen to assist with a smile. The room was very nice but the bathroom was a little tired for a five star hotel. The higher ocean view rooms have better views - we were on the third floor and the view wasn't the best. The hotel pools and all public areas were all exceptional.
We found the continual, loud and monotonous disco beat music annoying from both Potato Head Beach Club two doors down the beach and from the hotel's own Woobar.
Even with this we would still recommend the W for its great location close to most of the great restaurants such as Bamboo etc

Room Tip: Try to reserve an ocean view room on the fourth or fifth floors closer to the beach I think would...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Garrick M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall W Retreat & Spa Bali experience. We do ensure to keep the volume of the music at a level which is enjoyable and events are moved into Woobase after 10pm. I do understand during high season that the volume of music from surrounding venues can be loud on on occassion.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to W Retreat & Spa Bali for more wow moments.

Craig seaward