We stayed in a luxurious 1 brm pool villa for 9 nights and what a heavenly escape it was.
The pool villa is very well equipped. The shampoo, conditioner, body wash all come in 120ml bottles so larger than most hotels. They provide, thongs, beach bag, sunscreen, mozzie repellent, about 8 small bottles of water per day and they even delivered a floatie (bed) for me to use in the pool. They supply nice fluffy big white bath sheets and normal size towels, there are plenty of towels supplied
The pool is actually bigger than I thought, it’s about 10 x 20 ft and 3.9ft (1.2mtrs) deep. So I was able to do about 7-8 breast strokes and about 5-6 freestyle. Great Bose music system provided so that you can listen to music outside & inside, you can also dock your ipod\iphone. The one downside is the water is always cold, however doesn’t take long for you to warm up once in. Nearby the TV there are a lot of connection points in the wall e.g. computer & audio to TV, HDMI, USB, S-Video etc… They even have power points in the wall that take our Aussie plugs without converters
The day bed next to the pool was good to lounge around in and had a fan above it. There is waterfall feature as part of the pool that runs constantly and helps drown out white noise in the background, you can also hear this while you fall asleep. The curtains in the room where quite good to black out the light coming into the room, some of the blinds were remote control.
The room has quite a large safe in it, we easily stored our laptop. They provide a CD “Symmetry – a selection of sounds by Michaelangelo L’acqua” for you to use whilst staying in the villa there is also a copy in the room if you wish to purchase it – we did as we quite enjoyed the music playing in the background, very soothing. They provide a bodum for coffee and supply large coffee bags to put in it.
The whatever, whenever service (dial 0) was fantastic – they were very efficient and never let us down. Their level of English was also good and we found this quite consistent across the resort.
Pretty close to the most enjoyable accommodation we have stayed in. We can’t wait to go back
• The young gentleman “Hiskey” that took us to our villa upon arrival, what a friendly young helpful chap, he gave us a good intro to everything in our villa and was there as the hotel car whisked us away to the airport.
• Great to see the GM & his staff out and about on a daily basis, he also came to greet us upon arrival.
• Loved the 2-Tini cocktail at Woobar.
• From hotel lobby if you want to go to a local restaurant etc ask the concierge guys there how much for a hotel car, we found they charged us approx. 40,000\50,0000 to take us to say Mamasan restaurant – which was great we didn’t have to wait for a taxi & we knew we were in safe hands.. well worth it – you can pay cash to driver or charge to your room.
• Golf buggy from Villa direct to front of hotel – great service.
• Internet in villa and around the hotel, had no problems with the service – the password changes every Monday.
• One morning at Fire for breakfast, we were delivered 2 little chocolates dipped in Gold to recognize our Starwoods gold membership, was a lovely touch and nice chocolates.
• One afternoon sitting at Woobar we were delivered a complimentary pizza, again lovely touch and we thoroughly enjoyed the pizza with our cocktails.
• The night we checked into our villa we went for a walk around the hotel and a drink at Woobar, when we arrived back to the villa someone had delivered a set of scales with a red pig on one end and a bowl of chocolate coated honeycomb on the other, was such a lovely surprise and we enjoyed the chocolate.
• We booked a driver for the day via the hotel. We were very happy with this service and the driver had good English, was a good driver and prompt – cost us USD15\per hour in a standard small van\car.
• We were not told that because we were staying in a villa that we could have breakfast at either the Fire restaurant or Star Fish Bloo – so we only got to enjoy Fire on 2 occasions before we checked out. We significantly preferred this over star Fish Bloo.
• Star Fish Bloo for breakfast – Flat white coffee is like a warm cup of milk and every time we ordered coffee it took way too long to be delivered, same if you ordered breakfast from the menu.
• We had room service one night and it was delivered cold.
• Turn down service at night was hit and miss, didn’t happen every night (or most nights) but was good when it did.
• We booked the immigration service, the hotel sent us an email the night before we left home, as we had an early morning flight, we didn’t see it. The airport are cracking down on the service so it wasn’t available on the day. Would have been nice to have known up front that this might have been the case, instead of getting off the plane and wondering where the immigration person was.
• A small point and none the less annoying, they did not replace the pen in the room once. We took it with us on an outing and accidentally left it there and housekeeping never replaced the pen the rest of the time we were there and at the rate you pay to stay in a villa this should be replaced daily.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape hectic philosophies, and why not plunge into vibrant glitz amidst natural splendors? We're a new found playground along the shores of Seminyak, where trendsetting chic restaurants, clubs, fashions and eclectic galleries await discovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TravelUp, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your W Bali - Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak Hotel Seminyak
- w Retreat And Spa Bali - Seminyak
- W Bali - Seminyak