“Great budget accommodation in Seminyak”
Review of Teka-Teki House

Teka-Teki House
Ranked #28 of 113 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Great budget accommodation in Seminyak”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We totally agree with what other reviewers have to say about this little gem. Teka Teki is tucked away off one of the main drags in Seminyak. It's an extremely quiet haven set amongst the craziness of the Bali traffic. Fantastic value and very comfortable with lovely staff to look after the guests. Like most other reviewers we became great fans of having our breakfast (my favourite was the banana pancakes) over looking the little garden and having evening drinks under the pavilion. A communal mini bar with very well priced cool drinks and Bintangs was an extra plus at the end of a long day out and about. Extra bonusses were the supply of free bottled water and tea and coffee. If you're after budget accommodation which is clean, comfortable and most importantly air conditioned then look no further than Teki Teki.

Room Tip: We had the Barong room which had plenty of room, was air conditioned and had a private bathroom? I t...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeanette R

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Orebro, Sweden
Reviewed 24 May 2013

First place I stayed at in Bali, before going to the Gilis and Java.
Stayed 4 nights in the dormroom, which for a budget backpacker is fairly priced for being at Bali.

I never shared it with more than two others, so it was nice and spacious. Good and cold AC (no mosquitoes), cheap and good wifi (20 000rp for the whole stay). It's located a bit off of the main streets, so it's relaxed and quiet, and theres a nice shortcut to the beach!

Altough I don't really recommend Seminyak (or Kuta), due to the dirty beaches and crowded lineups, I think it's a good place to stay a couple of days if it's your first time in Indo.
The owner and staff is awesome, and the breakfast, banana pancake and coffee for me, is delicious!

Met tonnes of nice people, including two dutch guys who ended up being my travel companions for the following month.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night only in the dorm room and was there by myself. What I really liked was that they have large lockers. It's a nice place, centrally located and the staff is very helpful. Breakfast was lovely. You have to pay 20000 extra for WiFi.

• Stayed May 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We recently stayed at Teka teki whilst preparing for our wedding in Bali. We booked most of the main house and adjacent rooms out for a week long stay with family and friends. One of our other friends stayed in the dormitory room. We had an absolutely fantastic time whilst we were there. Sampled the yummy breakfast and colourful fruit platter everyday. We stayed in the Legong room upstairs which had two fans to keep us cool. It was light, airy and private and the shared bathroom with Kecak room was convenient and clean. The rest of our group enjoyed the intimacy that Teka Teki offered with its outside chill-out area and small pavillion. The other air-con rooms were all spacious, homely and clean. We also made use of the cafe and pool available to Teka Teki customers just a short walk down the lane. Best of all was the staff - the food and service was fantastic. Donny and Florence went above and beyond what was expected and for that we thank them Your assistance and smiling faces made our stay in Seminyak perfect. We would most definitely stay here again and highly recommend you do too.
Robyne and James

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Reviewed 7 April 2013

First Place I stayed at when I arrived in Bali. Spent about two weeks here before heading off to the Gili islands. It was so nice I decided to come back for the last week of my stay. The staff are extremely friendly, the rooms are all air-conned, clean, spacious, and very reasonable in price. For younger travellers on a tighter budget. I highly recommend the 6bed dorm. great for meeting people and very reasonable in price. all rooms have breakfast included. Must try the house pancake. very yummy ! Stayed in Barong for last part of the trip. very nice lay out, heaps of space. you have your own TV and sofa bed, again, very reasonably priced. Will definitely return when I'm net back in Bali.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I don´t know where to start with praising this place. I am so happy I found Teka Teki House over Tripadvisor and the reviews convinced me to book a room. I stayed here over New Year and I had a fantastic stay. Many thanks to the fantastic staff who were always very friendly, motivated and enthousiastic. The room “Topeng” was very spacious and clean at all times. The wide variety you could choose from for breakfast was perfect, pleaseee try the Banana Pancake :-)Thumbs up for Teka Teki House.

Room Tip: The Topeng room is fantastic!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We arrived late & were shown around and helped to get settled in, we were even brought to a local warung to satisfy my cravings for tasty Indonesian food!

We were in Topeng room, clean and modern with very comfy beds & pillows. This room is across from the main building & is newer, the space is used well outside with a sitting/dining area with water features (and the cutest turtle!! )We often went to the main building to sit & chat with others, or have a beer (small communal kitchenette area with an honour system of helping yourself to drinks & marking them off to pay at the end was good). Free water, tea & coffee was also great. Book shelves of books to read or swap with yours was nice too. The inclusive breakfast was the best we had on our trip, the omelette & banana pancakes are delicious. Fantastic location, 10 minutes walk to beach, a couple of minutes walk to the main shopping strip & just around the corner from the famous 'eat street'.

The standout for us was the company and knowledge of Agung (owner), he was an amazing host & he is the reason our stay at Teka Tiki was fantastic. All staff are very friendly, efficient & helpful. I travelled with my sister and we agree that it is excellent value and highly recommend choosing to stay at teka tiki!!

Room Tip: Topeng was perfect for us, clean, modern & comfy, great bathroom. We had a look in the new dorm...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Teka-Teki, Owner at Teka-Teki House, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Hi Marthacoustic,
Thank you for staying with us and being our 101st reviewer! I am sorry that I wasn't there to meet you, but I am glad to hear that Agung and the staff took good care of you.
I rarely get to respond to reviews, but really wanted to take the opportunity to thank all of our guests who have taken the time to review us and who have helped us to grow to be what we've become.
Agung, the staff and I (and of course Scooby, Dian and Ringo) have all loved getting know so many interesting and wonderful people over the years and we look forward to meeting many more.
Marthacoustic, I hope you will come and stay again and I will have the opportunity to meet you myself.
Thanks again!