“Best place to stay on my travels!”
Review of Teka-Teki House

Teka-Teki House
Ranked #25 of 107 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Zurich, Switzerland
“Best place to stay on my travels!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The best thing about this place is the friendliness and care of the staff and especially the owner. You will feel like you suddenly got family in bali, as they will help you in any situation. This was the best as i'd been travelling for quite a while and the friendly staff made me feel at home as soon as i stepped in.
I stayed in the dorm and it was always very tidy, since all the guests get their own cupboard, which they can lock to put their things away. The place was very clean in general. I loved the spacious bathroom with a big mirror and stones on the ground and the breakfast was lovely. They have a little exchange library which is great, since the peaceful atmosphere makes reading such a pleasure. The atmosphere was great, i met many nice travellers and we would always have a few plans together for the day or night.
The 2 house dogs and the cat win every travellers heart sooner or later.
The area is very close to the main street with nice shopping and good food. The way to the beach is a bit longer but still close.
All in one i would recommend this place to everyone!

Room Tip: Dorm was great, although look out for the air con, it could be chilly if you sleep right in front of...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed for 5 nights in January as a close to our stint in Bali. A bit tricky to find, but the meant it was a great quiet location, within easy walking distance to the main areas of seminyak and the beach. The staff were really nice and helpful. It was very quiet when we were there, so we mainly had a 6 bed dorm for the two of us. The dorm was clean, the beds were comfy, and you are each provided with fantastic, big lockers for your stuff. Breakfast provided, with a variety of options, which always went down well.
Very clean and homely. We didn't spend much of our time there, due to being touristy, but it was always a welcome sight to come back to, and didn't mind spending a whole day in bed there when we both fell ill.
Easy riding distance to uluwatu and nusa dua, fair walk to kuta. No dramas.
Also the hostel provides very cheap scooter rental and super cheap wifi, which was great!
Not a complaint, will definitely recommend, and stay again.
Thanks!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I was travelling in Indonesia for more than 4 month. After a while - as great as travel is - you get tired and a bit homesick. This place was remedy for this
For two month - I made it my base and I was going away and coming back all the time
It was my home and my paradise in Bali.
I was always welcomed with a fresh coffee and smile…
The owner of this place is best person ever - love bail (so a lot of tips) and love people
The biggest advantages:

- Owner - LOVING and very helpful person. This place is the best when he is there – he always make sure that you are safe and happy
-Place it - clean and beautiful
-Localisation - close to everything (not soooo close to the beach but manageable distance)
-Breakfast -huge and very tasty
-Internet – fast!
-Atmosphere - I met super nice people there

Disadvantages:
- Often full as. Look above:)

Every time I come Back to bail I really hope it will be place for me there!!!

I am very great full for letting me be part of this beautiful place for so long

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

This is a charming and friendly place to stay, in the heart of Seminyak. The guest house is impeccably run, with all staff really welcoming and friendly. The room I stayed in, Topeng, was clean, comfortable, with good AC and in-room facilities. The shower was a bit weak and water came out in pulses, but this wasn't a big deal, and the water was nice and warm. Agung and Jules made my stay a real pleasure. Agung's advice on what to do during the day was spot on, and he is knowledgeable and passionate about beautiful Bali. The driver, Iwayan, that was arranged through the house, to take me to Tanah Lot was genuinely amazing and a lovely man. I will hopefully be back again.

• Stayed April 2014
Seminyak, Indonesia
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately we were able to only just stay for one night because it is fully booked out. It's such a lovely little stay, nice atmosphere and very friendly balinese people. The breakfast was also very delicious.
We really enjoyed it here :-)

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 February 2014

If you want to experience Bali with Balinese, stay here. Friendly, helpful staff made my holiday a comfortable, relaxed experience. Loved my Legong room, with its own entertaining balcony. Close to everything, quiet, motor bike to hire, great advice on culture, guides, drivers, and tours. Great place to stop for a few days or do like I did and stayed three weeks. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

So awesome- the family atmosphere made my first visit to Bali really feel like home. Agung is very helpful with his recommendations of what to see and do. The actual guesthouse is lovely, beautiful gardens and well maintained. Not super fancy, just how i like it. Its located in a very busy part of Seminyak but you can't hear the traffic noise at all- it is peaceful and convenient. The staff are very pleasant and attentive, and everyone is super nice. You can rent motorbikes and book Arya (awesome taxi driver) for tours, all at a very reasonable cost. Wifi is completely affordable, i didn't bother to buy a sim at all. Breakfast is included in the cost of the room- i recommend the banana pancake or the omelette. If you want the Ritz, this ain't it, but if you're like me and prefer affordable, convenient digs and a peaceful and clean place to rest your head, then you will love teka-taki. I will definitely be back. A+!

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo