“We ll be back”

Four On Drupadi
Ranked #71 of 417 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
“We ll be back”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The villas are in a great location, sifisticated, clean and great value for money. The staff was always available to assist with anything we asked , very professional and very kind. We ll certainly be back

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stayed here for three days, the price is quiet expensive. The rooms are big and clean. The pool is big enough. The staff are the best, very polite and hardworking.
The problem is that i stayed at Amore Villa the room in second floor have a "see through" bathroom mirror, this maybe ok for couple but a problem for travelling friends and family. Biggest problem is that I booked the villa through their website which directly link to third party that i dont know at that moment. This company charge us Rp13,000++ for US$1 which we complain to the management and they give us Rp11,500 reasonable currency exchange rate when we check-out. I learned my lesson. Online booking website may decieve us, luckly Four on Drupadi's staff help me. Thanks to them.

• Stayed September 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My family and I stayed at Four@Drupadi from 12 to 15 September 2013. We were delighted, upon arrival, to be led to the Yuubi Villa since we were impressed by the pictures on the website prior to our visit. True to its Japanese theme, the facilities (the garden, pool, the Japanese pebbled garden on the second floor) were serene and we felt transported to the land of the rising sun. The two bedrooms were dreamy in its decor, and very spacious. The staff were prompt and friendly. Our butler (I am afraid I cant remember his name) who served us from the second to the last day was attentive, and ever smiling. The managers, the cooks, the spa ladies were all accommodating. The location was good as restaurants and supermarkets were nearby. We appreciated the free transport to the area nearby too. Only two regrets - we didnt know the staff could have arranged a tour for us so we had earlier arranged for a different agency for it. Second small regret? Forgetful me left my glasses back in the villa! Anyway, thank you Drupadi for an unforgettable holiday!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My friend and I decided to visit Bali for the first time. We're both are hard working professionals who just needed an R&R getaway. After little last-minute research, I decided to book a couple of nights at one of the Four@Drupadi villas. The plan was to stay at this place for 2 nights, and then move on to another hotel/resort. We were so pleased the first two nights that we decided to extend our stay for the entire trip - a total of 9 nights.

I'm an experienced traveler who've traveled the world and have stayed in many 5-Star establishments at some very exotic destinations. So, it's somewhat hard to empress me. My friend is also an experienced traveler, but he is the picky/demanding type who's very hard to please. Yet, truth be told, the both of us were impressed, and very pleased with all aspects of our stay at this place.

Aside from the elegance, the tasteful design, the cleanness, the great location, the great value and the available on-site amenities, what really made this a special place for us was the OUTSTANDING service. The staff were polite, very helpful and kind. Nora (the Marketing Manager of the complex) brought customer service to another height. She was exceptional and beyond helpful. She did everything just perfect and was really there whenever we needed her. Even after hours. On a couple of occasions, she stayed after hours to explain, plan and/or coordinate our daily tours with staff members, tour guides, drivers, etc. That really made us feel special and insured that our Bali trip was a memorable one.

If I'm not mistaken, four@drupadi has 6 Villas, ranging from one bedroom to three bedrooms. My friend and I stayed at three of the 2-bedroom villas (Amore the Italian them, Pyaar the Indian theme and Yuubi the Japanese theme). Amore (the Italian theme) was the nicest and most elegant (I highly recommend it). Nonetheless, the other two were also very nice and very clean. We really wanted to experience Cinta (a 3-bedroom Balinese theme villa), but it was occupied during our stay. We did get to see it however, and it was absolutely a piece of art. kudos to the interior designer. She (an Australian) really did a wonderful job.

All-in-all, given the chance, I will certainly go back to Bali and will absolutely stay at the same place - four@drupadi in Seminyak. Next time however, I think I'll take someone special :)

Room Tip: Stay at the 2-bedroom Italian villa (Amore) if you can. The the 3-bedrrom Balinese villa is a little...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My sister, brother and I stayed here for 5 nights during a 10 day holiday in Bali and I can honestly say in my 15 years of travel and numerous trips to Bali, I have never experienced such bad service as we did in this hotel.

One of the hotel inclusions was a "24 hour butler service"- I don't know where to start about how inaccurate this is.. Firstly the butler we had was rude and she had an attitude. When you dial for the butler or for anyone for that matter, no one actually answers the phone. The hotel seemed to always be understaffed and when you finally do get through to someone they seldom understand English. On one occasion when we got through to someone to ask where our bath towels were- the man on the line didn't speak English, he laughed then hung up on me.

The hotel asks you pre-order your breakfast the night before and to advise what time you would like the breakfast delivered to your villa. 4 out of 5 times our breakfast was at least half an hour late. Twice we had to cancel pre-booked day trips due to the delayed breakfast. The breakfast itself is basic to say the least- not what you would expect from a hotel you pay close to $300 a night for.

Another inclusion was afternoon tea and evening canapes- we were never given afternoon tea and on our last night in the hotel they did not bother to provide the canapes.

On our third day the hotel ran out of clean towels so they left pool towels for us in the bathroom. Of course when we rang the butler no one answered and then when we got through a security guard picked up and thought the whole thing was a joke- laughed and hung up.

The hotel does not have a spa facility but instead can book you in to a spa 20 mins away. When I enquired about transport the hotel advised me I'd need to find my own way there and back.. Again not what you would expect to hear from a hotel charging this much.

All in all a disappointing and frustrating experience. I'd look elsewhere- plenty of great hotels for this price in the same area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank wanderlustkuc
Shanti C, General Manager at Four On Drupadi, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Dear Sirs,

We refer to your stay with us from 20th March to 25th March 2013 together with two other adults, we note our guest made their own transportation arrangements to the villa. We note their comments relating to their stay and we would clarify as follows:

1. There are a total of five villas in the Drupadi complex comprising 2 three bedroom, 2 two bedroom and 1 one bedroom villas ; i.e. a total of 11 bedrooms.
2. Our butlers provide 24-hour services to all these villas. During their period of stay, the complex was fully occupied which may have led to some delay in meeting with our guest needs.
3. We, however, follow up to ensure that all steps are taken to provide the facilities and services stipulated by us. We apologise if, during this extremely busy time, we may not have fully met with their expectations.
4. Our butlers are trained to communicate in English but as an exception, the phone may have been diverted to the security post where the command of English amongst the security guards is not at the same level as the butlers.
5. Regarding the towel issue, due to the high demand for rooms in Bali during this period, our third party laundry services did not deliver the clean towels as scheduled. We therefore apologise for not explaining this matter to our guest when we offered pool towels as an interim step awaiting for delivery by the laundry company.
6. We serve afternoon tea together with the canapés on a daily basis for all villas and may have overlooked serving them canapés/tea on their last night.
7. Like most villa operators, we use the services of an established Spa in the vicinity who would come to the villas for in-villa spa services. In the event the guest wishes to visit the Spa, we would provide transportation using our vehicle or arrange a taxi for the guest at the Spa’s cost.

We wish to advise that :

a. We note the check in was around 3 pm, when the female butler in question welcomed all of them on arrival. She noticed that the male guest was not feeling well. The butler inquired whether he needed medical assistance but was informed that this would not be necessary.
b. Regarding the in-villa services for breakfast, our records indicate there was a delay of about 10 minutes on the first day . Subsequently, our records show that breakfast was served on time..
c. We note the daily rate for the three adults was US $ 206/- net inclusive of taxes, services , breakfast , etc. The works out at US $ 68/- net per person which is not in line with their statement that the daily rate was US $ 300.
d. We note that although they had booked for five nights from 20th March to 25th March, their return flight was on midnight of 24th March and a request was made by them to refund one day charges . Our villa manager, at his discretion, agreed to reduce the charge by 50 %. We informed Wotif, the online travel agent, to refund the sum to them. We understand that this sum has been refunded.
e. Our records indicate a check out time of 9 pm on 24th March 2013. We provided and made our complimentary transportation arrangements for them to the airport.

Kind Regards

Gustu Mahardika
Executive Director
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 25 February 2013

It was our first trip to Bali to celebrate our 4th year wedding anniversary. So imagine how hectic it was for me to plan the perfect getaway. We stayed in Yuubi villa and instantly fell in love with the design. Both my husband and I are fans of balinese and zen architecture. The simplicity of the area and lush greenery gave us few ideas for our dream home. :) Wearing hijab doesn't allow me to swim freely without having to worry about covering up. With a private pool and jacuzzi, and female butlers within the vicinity, my mind is at ease. The butlers are very friendly and attentive. I will always remember the treatment I got from Wayan, ika n wirda. All first class! And they will go to great lengths finding instant noodles to bring home to satisfy my friend's craving for indomie ayam cabe rawit! The only thing that I have to complain is the fact that we didn't stay longer to fully enjoy the awesomeness of bali. My friends have been asking about the villa ever since I posted pictures of it. Will go again soon, hopefully! Thanks Rosi for recommending!

PS: I was told that they will undergo a major renovation from April to May 2013.. Can't wait for our next anniversary holiday!

Room Tip: I would recommend for 4 pax to stay in Yuubi.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Shanti C, Manager at Four On Drupadi, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Dear Ms Diana,

First of all we would like to thank you for choose our villa for your memorable 4th wedding anniversary.
We also pleased to hear that you find your ultimate satisfaction while you were at Yuubi (Love) villa. Yuubi is classy Japanese style villa was designed to bring private feeling and ambiance to our guest whom stay in it.
We are appreciate your sharing experience with us, we are pleased to serve you again soon and experience other theme of our villa. Your good comment will motivate our colleague to serve much better in future time.

Finally, on behalf of the management we are thank you and hopefully meet you again at our Shanti Collection villa.

Best Regards,

Agoes Hartawan
Asst. Director of Sales
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Everything was good just that we arrived early and they was supposed to call us when the room was ready but didnt. However the stay was great. The butler prepared breakfast for us and even helped us cook (we bought some extra food to add). Everything you want is within grasp. the location is great. maintenance is harder as the pools had some leaves from the tree. but the villas were huge and could accommodate more than they state (we had 5 person in those villas for 4). You felt like a king! Service is really remarkable and nothing much to complain about.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends