“daniel yang”

good service!!!!!!

especially the breakfast

nice area

near by the beach

Room Tip: try pool villa....great!!!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Amala

Reviewed 19 December 2011

We stayed at the Amala for 5 nights for the start of our honeymoon and it was just wonderful. The staff were so friendly and helpful, the breakfasts and cocktails were lovely and the day spa was amazing, the massages were the best!
We stayed in a pool villa and it was just like the photos, very private and beautiful. You couldn't hear a sound, yet it was only a short walk to the main strip of seminyak.
My partner emailed to confirm our reservation and the kind staff offered us an airport transfer and then also arranged to drop us at our next hotel in Jimbarin bay. They would also shuttle us around seminyak when needed.They couldn't do enough for us and it was all greatly appreciated.
If i had to criticise anything, it would be the mosquitoes (which is obviously not their fault, and there were mozzie coils and spray on hand) and the fact that we didn't get the sun on the pool and villa for the whole day as we were in shade by lunchtime. But it was relaxing and close to everything.
We're looking forward to our next opportunity to return and would recommend The Amala to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CherubTravellerLoz
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I stayed at amala with my fiance for 3 nights and absolutely loved it! The staff I encountered were all very friendly and personable, the breakfast in-villa was well-presented and delicious (must order the banana pancake), and we were really happy with our choice of the Pool Villa, which had tons of space, really well-designed with modern amenities, and really enjoyed lounging in the open living-room and by our private pool. Would highly recommend for couples looking for a romantic trip but wanting to be close to all the great shopping/dining in Seminyak!

Room Tip: Pool villa
1  Thank Nancy W
Reviewed 7 December 2011

room: as per website pics - really nice, esp with the steamroom.

Food: never saw anyone eating at the bamboo restaurant during lunch or dinner, but breakfast was really nice - ala carte style, freshly cooked, with nice health conscious selection. Very nice waitress who served us breakfast every morning.

service: Really good mostly, lovely lady greeting us every morning. We left the safe opened one night, and returned to find a note letting us know they've closed it for us and changed the pin. Really good security - we've stayed in a big time 5 star hotel in singapore before and had things missing from a safe that we forgot to close.

Cons:
Irritating rooster that starts screaming at 3am - until 5am. Then the birds stars chirping - sounded as though there were a million birds all perching on the roof of the villa! Hardly had a good night sleep throughout the stay - a shame given that the bed and pillows were the nice comfy sink in type...

Reception staff were bit odd at times. We booked a hotel car to ferry us to the beach for sunset at 6pm. When we went to the receptionist, they told us the driver was having his meal. Fair enough, we did not want to interrupt his meal even though we did make a booking in the morning, we said we'll try to take a cab and rush down in time to watch the sunset. The seemingly smug receptionist simply told us we won't make it in time (yes he said Ï don;t think you'll make it) and wished us all the best. I mean seriously, how can someone in the hotel industry not know that they should have offered to call us a cab? I wasnt even bothered that they did not apologise for their mistake but somehow they needed to rub salt to insult. That I find extremely odd. The same smuggish receptionist also made my wife really unhappy the night before departure- we know it's not standard practice but goodwill gesture that guests are offered complimentary late check outs from time to time during low season. Having a late flight, obviously we asked politely if that can be extended to us, not expecting it as a given and we wouldnt even be bothered if we were rejected. What made the entire experience unbearable was that this same smug recept told us that someone is checking in at 12pm. Again I mean seriously, do you need to treat us like idiots? For crying out loud international check in time is 2-3pm! A simple "we have to prepare the room for the next guest" will suffice.

Anywaes in summary it was pretty pleasant staying at the Amala, may return again....everyone was great except that weird receptionist.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Boocoid
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We stayed as a couple in Oct/Nov 2011. We wanted a private villa away from the hustle and bustle but close enough if we wanted to shop and dine out. Our prayers were answered...from the prompt and friendly pick up from the airport to the personalised service every day. Each day when we left, even if only for a short time we would return to beautiful, tidy villa.
The things that impressed us the most were: the tranquility and peace and quiet...the friendly personlised service...delicious breakfast at any time...everything was immaculate...our massage was the best I have ever had.
So would we recommend? Absolutely! And will we go back? Yes it was just gorgeous.
Also I celebrated my birthday there...and lo and behold The WHOLE staff came to the villa with a birthday cake and sang happy birthday. So funny but extremely thoughtful.

Room Tip: There are only 12 villas, we stayed in a pool villa no 11 I think and it was bliss, very quiet.
3  Thank CCourts
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We went here in Oct 2011for our mini getaway
and we absolutely love this place. it's in the middle of seminyak so location wise it's fabulous, yet once you enter the premises, it's so tranquil and peaceful
we took the spa villa and we love the steam room !! we used it everyday for hours :) (we happen to be spa freaks!)
the only thing that was a bit of letdown was the jacuzzi pool as the jacuzzi didnt function well, but it was a minor issue.

everyone at the villa was so friendly and attentive. they took care every little details that we needed.
breakfast was good however we didint get to try their most recommended dishes (because we didnt know). If you go there, ask for their favorite breakfast menu. Heard it's really good!

overall this is the place i would definitely return to!! love it!

1  Thank Balijungki
Reviewed 18 November 2011

This is a great hideaway resort in Seminyak Bali. Very quiet and its tuck away in a little corner. My room was very private and came with a plunge pool and it had both an outdoor and indoor shower. The internet was free at this resort but where my room was located, the signal was not very good, hence I had to be at a particulater area of my room and only then I got any signal. To be honest, I should not have been reading my mails but chilling out and relaxing

The food was good at this resort, no large buffet breakfast but cooked to your order which was really nice. The reception staff was very helpful and I like the private attention of a small boutique hotel. My only problem I had was the walk to the shopping area, which was a bit away from the resort but then again, I was being spolit.

Do take note this resort is not near a beach and its very much a couples hideaway as there are no activities for kids. Although they have 2 bedroom suites which can accommodate familes.

My only little problem I had during my staff was the rooster from the neighbours backyard that crowed in the early morning, I really wanted to BBQ that rooster but then again I did not know which rooster. However, I still love this little great hideaway and I am looking forward to going back to this resort soon.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple