I was looking for weeks and weeks for a nice boutique resort to stay on my own to relax and Tripadvisor had good reviews so I decided to give it ago.
I don't usually travel with a package but it was good that the package included the pick up from the airport because when I landed, it was pouring down with rain and it would have been terrible trying to get a cab and find the villa in the rain.
Generally overall experience was very good due to very friendly staff. There were few glitches here and there but all the staff made sure they were attended to straight away.
1. Due to the rain, I wasn't given a tour around the resort so I had no idea where everything was. It would have been nice if they told me to come and see the butler next day so they could at least show me where the pool and the library were.
2. I booked a spa studio and had some leakage from the ceiling and after a bit of complaining, they upgraded me to a spa villa. The spa villa was exceptional!
3. Food at the restaurants are very nice and price is very reasonable. Their banana pancake and scrambled egg whites were really good for breakfast and their raw Pad Thai was really really delicious.
4. Massage at their spa is really nice. The ambience is great and staff know what they are doing.
5. Location- it's a little noisy if you are staying at spa studio but from spa villa, it's very peaceful.
I would like to thank all the staff making sure I was happy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the ancient Sanskrit language Amala means pure and unspoiled.The word has endured over the centuries and today graces the very latest luxurious wellness spa retreat on the magical island of Bali.The small and discreet Amala offers its guests an adult only oasis of tranquility, a world away from the stresses and pains of daily life.The Amala is an adult only exquisitely designed collection of 12 modern luxurious villas, including the magnificent Amala Residence and additional 3 units Deluxe Rooms.At the heart - and soul - of the resort's lush and peaceful grounds stands a modern holistic spa with one of the widest and most creative ranges of treatments in Bali.The Amala is indeed pure and unspoiled, making it the perfect place to unwind, for your body and mind to rejuvenate in blissful luxury ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Amala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Amala Hotel Seminyak
- The Amala Bali/Seminyak