“Total Bliss in Bali”
Review of The Amala

The Amala
Ranked #17 of 149 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 26 May 2013

My girlfriend and I booked a 3 night stay in a Spa Villa at The Amala via The Luxe Nomad. From the moment we booked, we received so much helpful information from Kaeko, Kurnia and the rest of The Amala staff. They helped us book our Ubud excursion, dinner reservations at Mama San and our Spa treatments beforehand, Upon arriving at the airport, Kumang met us immediately and drove us to The Amala while talking about everything to look forward to. From the moment we drove into the green, lush driveway of The Amala, it was utter bliss. Kaeko informed us that we had been upgraded to a Pool Villa and couldn't believe how beautifully appointed and luxurious it was. The first floor contains the kitchen, living room, and the private pool which we really enjoyed. Second floor was the bedroom and a huge bathroom with a nice jacuzzi tub. We had a great time here. The daily breakfast was excellent, especially the Mie Goreng and Banana Pancakes. The staff was warm and accommodating all the time. When we asked for directions to a certain spot, the butler immediately offered to drive us there instead. The Spa treatment we had (Balinese Ritual) was 2 hours of pampering and bliss. As a bonus, on our last night after a very rainy day, our room was adorned with flowers and candles including a tub full of rose petals. We truly enjoyed our stay at The Amala and look forward to coming back!

1  Thank ju73349
Madlen E, Manager at The Amala, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear Ju73349,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your stay with us at the Amala. We are a small and intimate place and we try as much as we can to please our guest with personal service and attention, and it’s great to see that we succeeded and that we could pamper both of you. Iit was really raining down big time at your romantic last night, but unfortunately we don’t influence the weather :-) - if we could we would. We truly hope that we can welcome you back soon again, and that next time romantic sunsets will be on daily display for you.
Once again thank you very much and have a great day – Yours Madlen Ernest

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Highly recommended! My husband and I stayed at The Amala for 3 wonderful nights, and we were treated with excellent customer service. Our great Butler, Mika has made us feel at home with his great knowledge of the villa and great suggestions around Bali. We had the "spa villa" which was one of a kind - incredible outdoor bath tub, shower and a dipping pool for relaxation! Everything about the villa is just breath taking. I love the fact that it was pristine cleaned. Breakfast was great too and you are able to customise the menu. Staff are always cheerful and ready to serve you above and beyond! Love the spa treatment as well! Well worth the money spent! Would definitely stay again, and again and again!

Madlen E, Manager at The Amala, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear Hwei36,
Thank you for staying with us for 3 nights, it was really nice to have you and your husband staying at our Spa Villa. We are glad to hear that everything was to your satisfaction and that we could pamper you with our food & services. We are very happy to hear that our front desk gave the right suggestions to you and that we could meet your high expectations. I truly hope that we will get the chance to welcome you back again. For any questions or future bookings do not hesitate to contact me directly anytime at madlen.ernest@theamala.com
Thank you for the time to leave your feedback at Trip Advisor – yours sincerely Madlen Ernest

Reviewed 20 May 2013

We came here for the very start of our honeymoon for two nights - right from the airport pick up I knew we had made the right choice (ice cold water and jasmine green tea as soon as we jumped in the van)! The Amala is just gorgeous - an absolute haven, hidden away from the hustle and bustle but only a minute's walk from the main street in Seminyak (it is in a brilliant location). The staff here are just gorgeous, so polite and friendly (always smiling) and being our honeymoon we received an upgrade and a surprise rose petal bath on our second night (AMAZING!!). Our villa was simply gorgeous - spotless and modern and much bigger than I anticipated (my jaw dropped to the floor when we checked in). Even after two days there I was still walking around stunned at how gorgeous it was. It was exceptionally quiet and private, and so relaxing (the water feature that spills into the pool is just bliss). And the FOOD - I was just so impressed with the quality of the food here - and being vegan they were more than happy to cater to my needs and customised my breakfasts for me. I still think about the food now - SO delicious! (My (carnivore) husband was completely full of praise for all of his meals too!) My only regret is that we stayed here at the start of our honeymoon and not the end, as the Amala set the bar so high and it was difficult to go from such a luxurious and private villa to a busy (rowdy) tourist resort afterwards.

Dear JH,
The time you have invested in writing such a detailed review of our services and villas is just amazing. You have really mentioned every single department, thank you very much for investing your time in us. It was really sad that you only stayed 2 days with us; we really would have enjoyed having you longer with us. Our Chef really had fun to create culinary experiences for your needs and to impress you and your husband with his skills. You cannot imagine how much it means to us to see happy reviews or e-mail feedback's from our Guests. It shows us that we are giving the right effort; your feedback is our motivation to work, and thanks to you we had a great motivation today.
I truly hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Amala, hopefully at your first anniversary.
Travel Safe, yours sincerely
Madlen & The Amala Team

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Booked this spur of moment, trying to escape from the place I was staying in & needing some TLC before flying home. Check in was simple, appreciated it being in my pool villa with my welcome drink. Pool was very green, didn't look clean but refreshing, very private. Loads of mozzies in bathroom, coil was placed in outside room, but should have been also in bathroom 24/7, as I don't like using spray, which was also provided. Only bedroom was safe from mozzies, bed was very comfy, aircon worked well. Cushions from day bed packed up at night, and blinds pulled down, would have expected these to be placed back after breakfast, but were left like that all day. Desert was average, breakfast yummy, I chose healthy selection. Razor was missing from shaving kit & found rubbish underneath the laundry basket, so room must of been cleaned in a hurry. Choice of soap & cookies in fridge nice touch. Tiles in bathroom very slippery, fell over twice. Butler would ring bell insistently until door opened which wasn't very relaxing. Appreciated having late checkout to make my flight, ordered lunch 1.5hrs before leaving, an hour later still hadn't arrived, apparently the staff forgot to pass on my order! Madlen the manager was lovely, very apologetic, provided quick lunch to take & a drink. Driver also took me all the way to departures, which I appreciated as it was my first time leaving Bali. Probably wouldn't stay again as price didn't equal what I expected, was going to give 4 stars but upon reading my review decided it really was only average considering cost.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank feelingr00vy

Dear “feelingr00vy”,
I truly hope this reply finds you well, and the daily routine took it easy on you upon your return back home to your family. Thank you for taking the time to review our services. I really appreciate it that beside the human error of the food service you also pointed out what you have enjoyed. I truly believe that there is always room for improvement and without the valuable feedback of our customers we would not be able to improve. I cannot emphasis enough of how sorry I and the team were for your inconveniences. But I truly hope that we will get the possibility to hopefully pamper you again on your next visit. For any further question do not hesitate to contact me any time directly via madlen.ernest@theamala.com
Yours sincerely
Madlen & The Amala Team

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Imagine driving on a busy street and entering a garden oasis lined with bamboo. The rooms are stunning. The grounds are amazing and manicured and the staff is world class. We had the most amazing time. Have a question? Need a driver? They can help make your stay amazing. I highly recommend.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear SparkSeeker
There is not much left to reply to you other than Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed our services and location, and that we would have your trust again to repeat your stay with us.
Thank you and best regards from the Amala Family
Madlen & The Team

Reviewed 10 May 2013

I have been to Amala with my wife this April. There is only one thing to say: extraordinary. The villas are stunning, food is yummy, staff is well-trained! Make sure to use the spa as often as possible while you are there- the massages are just excellent. I would recommend this place to everybody that travels to Bali, a real home away from home! My wife and I will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Madlen E, Manager at The Amala, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Dear Chris J.
We really hope we can welcome you and your wife back to the Amala for your first anniversary next year. We really enjoyed having you with us and that we were able to be a part of your unforgettable Honeymoon. It’s a great compliment for us to be able to meet your high expectation, thank you once again for taking the time to evaluate us.
With best regards
Yours sincerely Madlen & The Amala Team

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Great private villa and discrete yet attentive service. The staff were very well trained and explained the villa features well. Small details like pre-arrival preference form and fruits of choice daily made the difference. Only issues were that the villa is rather dim at night (perhaps to get the romantic mood) and aircon abit on the noisy side. Overall a great romantic experience!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Madlen E, Manager at The Amala, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Dear ZYT81,
Thank you for taking your valuable time and leave such great feedback on trip Advisor. Your stay with us was too short but we truly hope that we will soon have the possibilities to pamper you again. The dim light indeed is to set a romantic mood, your feedback to us is very important and we will definitely try to see if we can improve stronger lightning without destroying the romantic effect. :-)
Once again thank you for staying with us and we truly hope to welcome you back soon again
With best regards Madlen & The Amala Team