“Akara was awesome”
Review of Akara Villas

Akara Villas
Ranked #82 of 424 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Location was great, service was great, facilities fantastic, best way to see Bali. Many find it daunting to choose the villa over the hotel but here it is easy. So much more authentic than a hotel, so much more private than an overrun megastructure it was romantic and captured the essence of bali. great stay.

Room Tip: 2 room villas with pool
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
DivineVillas, Manager at Akara Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Thank you for your excellent review.

We have more than a pleasure to find you meet the expectation. As we always offer privacy and service quality to all guest apart from exceptional location of Seminyak Area.

We look forward to be in service hopefully in the nearest future.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

This is the first time we have ever stayed in a villa as all our stays have been in 5 star hotels. I was quite worried and have been writing to clear my doubts. Emails were promptly replied and the staff were very accommodating to our requests.

We, a family of 4, was only there for 3 nights and we enjoyed every moment of it! The moment we entered the villa (Akara 7), it exudes a sense of warmth and we were checked in very quickly and professionally. Drinks were served in our villa and our teenage kids love lazing around the pool, though the water was a bit cold.

Breakfasts was served on time each morning and the selection was great. Again, our butler, Aktha was very accommodating to our fussy selection and to avoid mix-ups, he even gave us a form each instead of one form to each room! As we were busy out sightseeing the whole day, we missed the afternoon tea which I'm sure was just as good.

A good selection of TV channels. Air conditioners - we turned on the both the air-conditioners in the living room, thus it was good. Wi-fi was good except that we have to log in again and again if we left our notebook, phones, ipads idle for a while. Ipod in the villa had a good selection of music as well.

Location of the villa was really good - 2 mins walk from W Hotel. Ku de ta, Potato Head, La Luciola are all just round the corner. As we do not have our driver with us in the evenings, the concierge very kindly offered to take us out to our destinations - Seminyak Square for shopping, La Luciola for dinner and sunset and Naughty Nuris for dinner each evening.

While their bathroom amenties is quite complete, I felt that they should have included conditioner in it. Generally, everything in their villa is 5 star, eg. bed linens, service, food and beverage, etc. Things that needed upgrading perhaps would be the towels and the mattress. It's firm but it could be firmer ... just being fussy especially when we had to pay US$480 per night. The doors to bedrooms and bathrooms could do with a varnish ...

Special thanks to all the staff - they were very helpful and friendly. Their attitude was impeccable. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank HappyTraveller882
DivineVillas, Manager at Akara Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Thank you for sharing your delighting comment.

We are pleased to make your first stay in villa become memorable. We believe some part of our facilities could be improved by your comment i.e; towels and mattress and conditioner.

We will upgrade the towels soon as they are about the time of replacement.
Mattress has been set to premium hotel quality. But we fully understand that guest has different expectation. We will consider your experience when upgrading the mattress is in time.
Out bathroom amenities has always made of local natural product to keep Bali Island Green. Our shampoo contain Natural Jojoba, coconut and cucumber oil that play part as softener.

On behalf of the Akara Villas staff, I thank you for staying with us and look forward another chance to be in service with you.

Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Akara villas for 11 nights this past month and were totally blown away by every facet of our stay. Our villa was beautifully designed, with very comfortable furnishings and a great pool. Every morning we were served a delicious breakfast brought to our room and each night they selected a great restaurant for us to eat at. Their concierge organized great day trips for us, from a trip to the picturesque beaches of Uluwatu to a tour of Ubud and generally was at our service 24/7. As for the location, the Akara villas are located at the very heart of Seminyaks restaurant and shopping district. It's literally only a 3 minute walk to potato head on one side - maybe the coolest beach club I've ever been too - and the new W beach resort on the other side.
I can't wait to go back to Akara for another vacation, its truly one of the best places I've ever stayed.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Nickchaset
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I've stayed in Akara Divine Villas many times on my visit to Bali and I have always been impressed with the service, professionalism and friendliness of the management. They addressed me by my first name every time I am there and all of them are very helpful in fulfilling what I need from food and beverages requests even during my very late night arrival in Bali, transportation and late night service when I wasn't feeling so well and needed them to get me some medicine.

I have stayed in a few villas in Akara, and I was surprised when on my last visit, there's a new 4 bedroom villa! The extension made a huge sweet difference, and I promise on my next visit, I'd take some photos and post it here. The pool is bigger and wider... there's a spacious deck where my friends and I can sun bathe, an outdoor bar and kitchen. Overall, it is beautiful !!

The location of Akara is the best for us who travel from Jakarta. It is very centrally located around the best venues such as Potato Head Beach Club, Ku De Ta, Metis, Biku, The Legian Hotel, Mint, Mantra, shopping areas, and countless other top restaurants, bars and night venues. It is also a few minutes away from the beach when I feel the need to just lay down and enjoy the sun. Akara also provides bicycles, so if you're like me and prefer a healthy way of traveling around, you should definitely ride the bicycles to get you around the nearby places, since everything is just a few minutes away.

All in all, my total experience in Akara Divine Villas has always been incredible. The interior is divine, service is top notch, mouth-watering in-villa (tuna tartare is to die for) dining by and I definitely recommend Akara to everyone who would like to visit Bali.

Room Tip: Villa 88 is spectacular. An amazing 4 bedroom villa nestled in the heart of all the action.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MorinaLee
Reviewed 16 April 2012

a couple of girlfriends and i decided to book a 2 bedroom villas at akara after going through many reviews on tripadvisor. after much hunting, we figured its location and price range was acceptable, but nothing really prepared us for what we received.

(1) our reservation officer was very prompt with his responses while we were figuring out whether to book a villa: something we were grateful for.

(2) we had booked 2 diff airport transfers for the 2 diff flights which were coming in (one was arriving about an hour or two later than the other..) but due to flight delays, we ended up only requiring one - our reservation officer accommodated the change without any fuss, and came to pick us up himself!!! (how personalized is that?!)

(3) the villa itself is about an hour away from the airport if the traffic is good. and it's at a very good location: potato head is literally a street away and ku de ta is about 10 mins away on foot. the beach is also a stone's throw away... we hardly spent any money on transport!

(4) our butlers were *fantastic*. when they knew it was my birthday, i received an entire cake from the staff, and everyone greeted and gave me their blessings throughout my trip. they were ever so attentive. we were told before hand that they would come in to clear our rooms in the morning, again at around tea time, and finally for the turn down service. if we didnt want them too, they gave us a little sign to place on our villa's front door. because we were constantly at the pool / beach, we went through countless towels / robes, which they were kind enough to replenish 3 times a day.. service with a smile from *everyone*. we had never been so pampered.

(5) the villa itself was gorgeous. it was serene and beautiful. if i had any negative feedback, it would be that the air conditioning in the living area was a little gentle despite being at 20 degrees. other than that.. we loved every minute of our stay and simply didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank priyarskumar84
Reviewed 25 March 2012

First of all before I begin, we have no negative comments to say about the villa or villa staff, they were the innocent parties in this fiasco. The villa itself is beautiful, very elegant and very tastefully decorated, magnificent. The only problem was that it had the most disgusting smell in the bedroom. It smelt like rising damp, a very musty smell that virtually hit you the minute you walked in the room. It actually made you fell ill. So we gave it the benefit of the doubt and opened up the bifold doors that led from the bedroom onto the pool decking to air it out, for 4 hours !!!! We also turned on the airconditioner and let that run thinking maybe the villa had not been occupied for a few days and give it a chance to freshen up a bit. After doing all that and the smell still being there we decided to let the front reception know we weren't happy. After all I wasn't going to pay $350.00 a night for a bedroom that you couldn't sleep in because of the smell. The girls at reception came to the room with a can of air freshener that I kindly suggested would not do anything to rid the place of the smell which after they walked into the bedroom, looked under beds, behind curtains, behind furniture, they agreed air freshener was not going to cut it. It smelt like old wet towels that had been left in a washing machine for a month and it was gross. We asked if it were possible to move rooms and they proceeded to go and check. After about another hour I went back down to reception and asked what was going on and they said that they were still confirming if we could move. They then returned to our villa and said that they would move us, would we like to check the other villa before we agreed to moving. We viewed the villa and agreed that we would move. Everything was going well until then, we have travelled a lot around Bali and understand that these things happen and were taking it in our stride, until they then told us that we could move but only for 1 night then we had to go back to original villa for the rest of our stay which was 5 nights in total, because there was construction going on either side of the second villa and it would be noisy. They said that the smell in original villa would be gone in the morning, well unless they were going to work all night, replace all the decking which had a large water feature in the middle of it and it looked like that was where the smell was coming from, there was no way the smell would be gone in one day. We respectfully told them that unless they could come up with another solution we would not be staying at their villas at all. We proceeded to start packing telling them we were leaving, the staff then started saying we had to move to the second villa and not leave. We finally got down to the reception and I was asked to speak to the Manager or Owner of the villa (not quite sure which it was) on the phone. She then started threatening me saying that she would take the full amount of the villa booking $1640.00 out of my credit card because their policy was that if we did not give them a weeks notice that we would not be staying in their villa they could debit the full amount of our stay. I did not know a week beforehand that their villa would stink !!! My husband then got on the phone and she was literally screaming at him, saying that it was their policy to take our money, at which time we told them that they had not lived up to their obligation to delivery a room that we could stay in. She told him that she could not sell that room now as we had booked it for 5 days and he told her strongly that she couldn't sell it anyway because it smelt. After the threats about our credit card we had to cancel our card immediately so as to make sure they didn't debit our card. We are just lucky that we hadn't paid for the villa in cash, which was the plan, when we first arrived. Anyway we were able to ring our Villa that we were planning to stay at after Akara and they sent a taxi to pick us up.

Once again I would like to say that the villa itself and the girls at reception were fantastic, but their management leave a lot to be desired.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kaz66Perth
DivineVillas, Manager at Akara Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Thank you for writing about your recent stay at Akara villas.

We agree that the standard caused by the smell will not be acceptable to anyone standard.

For the unpleasant experience please accept our sincere apology.

We would like to offer a very special deal if you happens to be planning another holiday in Bali.

Please kindly contact Ayu, our marketing & e-commerce :ayu@divinevillasbali.com for your reservation.

We look forward to hear from you soonest.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

My wife and I went on our honeymoon in Bali in September 2011 and stayed at the Akara Villas after finding the place online and reading great reviews and oohing and ahhing over beautiful pictures.

The Akara was fantastic. The staff was not just professional, but warm and friendly. They took excellent care of us during our five days there. The accommodations were absolutely first-rate, stunning. From the seclusion of the private pool to the semi-outdoor bath to the breathtakingly open living room area, this place was heavenly. Moreover, it's located near all the current hot spots in Bali. If you're into fine dining, (a little too much) shopping, and beach leisure, this is the place to be. A short walk from the beach, and with access to trendy beach clubs everyone loves, like Potatohead and KuDeTa.

Perfect for getting away, disappearing, and sinking blissfully into the lap of Balinese luxury.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank texburgher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
Hu'u Villas Bali
#6 of 117 in Kerobokan
Bali Yubi Villa
Bali Yubi Villa
#14 of 117 in Seminyak

Been to Akara Villas? Share your experiences!