“Girls weekend”

Ranked #76 of 413 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Perth
“Girls weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

We couldn't speak highly enough of Akara. Service was outstanding, villa was clean, private and quiet and in a great location. We had the 4 bed villa (but only used two rooms) pure luxury and very affordable if you split the cost with others. Highly recommend Akara. I was also a first time traveller to Seminyak so I cannot compare with other villas but I feel I have been spoilt and wouldn't want to stay anywhere else....when your on a good thing stick to it!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Indonesian first
SGP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

The overall stay - location, service of the butlers and villa condition were very good. The butlers are very helpful. They even help to look after my kids when we are having our breakfast.
However, I have given an average overall rating for this property because I am concerned about the hygiene of the food prepared.
On one instance, we requested for more of a particular type of danish as it was nicely done. The butler is very prompt in meeting our request. However to my surprise, he actually brought the left over bread basket from other villa! We never asked for additional serving after that incident.
On the day of our departure, after having our usual breakfast, my in-laws started to feel nausea. They began throwing up at the airport. As for myself, maybe I am younger and has better resistance, I still suffered from severe diarrhea for 2 days!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JCJC76
Perth, Western Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

This was my 6th trip to Bali in 3 years (living in Perth, it is a short 3 hour flight). We have previously stayed at the Westin in Nusa Dua, the Villas and the Kunja (child-free) and Villa Nalina. This time we chose Akara as it was in a great Seminyak location but had a good lay out for our family of two adults, and children aged 7 and 5. After much research I had noticed that a lot of the 2 bedroom villas in seminyak have the bedrooms as separate units on opposite sides of the pool. I'm sure this is wonderful for two couples staying together, but like most mums I had visions of a small child sleepwalking straight into the water in the middle of the night!
We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa at Akara (number 7) which had adjoining bedrooms - one king sized bed and the other had 2 singles. Both had their own bathrooms, the kids' bathroom had an outdoor shower large enough to fit both of them in, with a little ledge they could sit on which was great.
The biggest bonus about Akara is the location. It is literally between Potato Head and W Hotel, and 5 minutes walk down Jalan Petitenget to the beach, where you can gain access in front of the temple and next to La Lucciola. This was an added bonus for us as we both enjoyed going for a run on the beach in the morning.
Lots of great dining around - I've already mentioned Potato Head and La Lucciola, but it is 5 minutes walk to Sarong (awesome Thai food), and maybe 10 minutes tops to Jalan Laksmana aka "eat street".
We enjoyed a couple of trips to Ku De Ta for lunch and sunset drinks. Great to give the kids dinner there whilst we enjoyed a cocktail at sunset, then come home to a babysitter and go out for a meal. Akara will organise a sitter for you at 60,000 rupiah per hour.
Worth mentioning that another great thing about Akara is the butler service. All the staff are lovely, courteous and helpful. Often if they weren't busy they would happily drop us "down the street" in the villa van. They didn't charge us but we were happy to tip.
On the odd occasion we had a problem (blocked toilet, pillows that had a funny smell and needed changing) the problem was fixed straight away and with no issue whatsoever.
Breakfast was great - good selection of full american breakfast or omelette, asian breakfast or continental. We also enjoyed the daily afternoon tea service, with tea or coffee plus biscuits in the villa, served by the butler. This was great for hungry kids who have been swimming all afternoon in the pool!
Whilst I think about it, another great bonus was that the butlers will do your basic laundry in the machine in the villa free of charge (like most mums, I classify a holiday as a period of time when I don't have to cook or clean!)
The only downside to Akara is that there is no extra space around the pool ie no lawn or anything (which we hav previously had at the Villas). Also, why do they have a 2 bedroom villa that sleeps 4, with only 2 sunloungers next to the pool? They were also very uncomfortable. Another small bone to pick - why only shampoo and no conditioner in the showers?
All in all, a successful trip to Akara Villas, and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

Location was great, service was great, facilities fantastic, best way to see Bali. Many find it daunting to choose the villa over the hotel but here it is easy. So much more authentic than a hotel, so much more private than an overrun megastructure it was romantic and captured the essence of bali. great stay.

Room Tip: 2 room villas with pool
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
DivineVillas, Manager at Akara Villas, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Thank you for your excellent review.

We have more than a pleasure to find you meet the expectation. As we always offer privacy and service quality to all guest apart from exceptional location of Seminyak Area.

We look forward to be in service hopefully in the nearest future.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

This is the first time we have ever stayed in a villa as all our stays have been in 5 star hotels. I was quite worried and have been writing to clear my doubts. Emails were promptly replied and the staff were very accommodating to our requests.

We, a family of 4, was only there for 3 nights and we enjoyed every moment of it! The moment we entered the villa (Akara 7), it exudes a sense of warmth and we were checked in very quickly and professionally. Drinks were served in our villa and our teenage kids love lazing around the pool, though the water was a bit cold.

Breakfasts was served on time each morning and the selection was great. Again, our butler, Aktha was very accommodating to our fussy selection and to avoid mix-ups, he even gave us a form each instead of one form to each room! As we were busy out sightseeing the whole day, we missed the afternoon tea which I'm sure was just as good.

A good selection of TV channels. Air conditioners - we turned on the both the air-conditioners in the living room, thus it was good. Wi-fi was good except that we have to log in again and again if we left our notebook, phones, ipads idle for a while. Ipod in the villa had a good selection of music as well.

Location of the villa was really good - 2 mins walk from W Hotel. Ku de ta, Potato Head, La Luciola are all just round the corner. As we do not have our driver with us in the evenings, the concierge very kindly offered to take us out to our destinations - Seminyak Square for shopping, La Luciola for dinner and sunset and Naughty Nuris for dinner each evening.

While their bathroom amenties is quite complete, I felt that they should have included conditioner in it. Generally, everything in their villa is 5 star, eg. bed linens, service, food and beverage, etc. Things that needed upgrading perhaps would be the towels and the mattress. It's firm but it could be firmer ... just being fussy especially when we had to pay US$480 per night. The doors to bedrooms and bathrooms could do with a varnish ...

Special thanks to all the staff - they were very helpful and friendly. Their attitude was impeccable. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank HappyTraveller882
DivineVillas, Manager at Akara Villas, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
Thank you for sharing your delighting comment.

We are pleased to make your first stay in villa become memorable. We believe some part of our facilities could be improved by your comment i.e; towels and mattress and conditioner.

We will upgrade the towels soon as they are about the time of replacement.
Mattress has been set to premium hotel quality. But we fully understand that guest has different expectation. We will consider your experience when upgrading the mattress is in time.
Out bathroom amenities has always made of local natural product to keep Bali Island Green. Our shampoo contain Natural Jojoba, coconut and cucumber oil that play part as softener.

On behalf of the Akara Villas staff, I thank you for staying with us and look forward another chance to be in service with you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Akara villas for 11 nights this past month and were totally blown away by every facet of our stay. Our villa was beautifully designed, with very comfortable furnishings and a great pool. Every morning we were served a delicious breakfast brought to our room and each night they selected a great restaurant for us to eat at. Their concierge organized great day trips for us, from a trip to the picturesque beaches of Uluwatu to a tour of Ubud and generally was at our service 24/7. As for the location, the Akara villas are located at the very heart of Seminyaks restaurant and shopping district. It's literally only a 3 minute walk to potato head on one side - maybe the coolest beach club I've ever been too - and the new W beach resort on the other side.
I can't wait to go back to Akara for another vacation, its truly one of the best places I've ever stayed.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Nickchaset
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

I've stayed in Akara Divine Villas many times on my visit to Bali and I have always been impressed with the service, professionalism and friendliness of the management. They addressed me by my first name every time I am there and all of them are very helpful in fulfilling what I need from food and beverages requests even during my very late night arrival in Bali, transportation and late night service when I wasn't feeling so well and needed them to get me some medicine.

I have stayed in a few villas in Akara, and I was surprised when on my last visit, there's a new 4 bedroom villa! The extension made a huge sweet difference, and I promise on my next visit, I'd take some photos and post it here. The pool is bigger and wider... there's a spacious deck where my friends and I can sun bathe, an outdoor bar and kitchen. Overall, it is beautiful !!

The location of Akara is the best for us who travel from Jakarta. It is very centrally located around the best venues such as Potato Head Beach Club, Ku De Ta, Metis, Biku, The Legian Hotel, Mint, Mantra, shopping areas, and countless other top restaurants, bars and night venues. It is also a few minutes away from the beach when I feel the need to just lay down and enjoy the sun. Akara also provides bicycles, so if you're like me and prefer a healthy way of traveling around, you should definitely ride the bicycles to get you around the nearby places, since everything is just a few minutes away.

All in all, my total experience in Akara Divine Villas has always been incredible. The interior is divine, service is top notch, mouth-watering in-villa (tuna tartare is to die for) dining by and I definitely recommend Akara to everyone who would like to visit Bali.

Room Tip: Villa 88 is spectacular. An amazing 4 bedroom villa nestled in the heart of all the action.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MorinaLee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
The Kayana Bali
#30 of 105 in Seminyak
KoenoKoeni Villa
KoenoKoeni Villa
#10 of 413 in Seminyak

Been to Akara Villas? Share your experiences!