“Just Outstanding!!!!”
Review of Akara Villas

Akara Villas
Ranked #83 of 426 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I have been to Bali 3 times in the past 5 months and this place was simply outstanding. The villa was spacious and comfortable and the staff were extremely accomodating. Any issue was addressed immediately. As simple as organising a quick lunch for friends I had visiting to addressing a faulty air conditioner by replacing it with a new unit within hours. I have recommended Akara to a number of friends and even arranging for my local travel consultant to include with their recommendations for other clients as I sourced Akara myself. I will be back there. Perhaps even within the next month. Thank you to Purna and all the staff who accomodated every request with both a smile and extreme efficency.

James (Sydney)

Room Tip: Small and boutique place really. All villas are more than suitable. The only question is 2, 3, 4 or...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank James V

Reviewed 21 June 2013

We paid a visit to Bali for 6 days in total, with 3 adults and 2 very young children. The first impression of Akara Villa was that it did not have the glamorous entrance like many of the other more upscaled hotels, in fact the entrance was quite hidden from the main street so it was very difficult to find especially arriving in the evening. However, everything else after we've taken our first step into the actual property was superb. The service was outstanding, and the design of the villa was delightful. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Henry C
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My family (5 adults and 2 children) Stayed 2 nights at 3 bed rooms villa with private pool (actually they gave us 4 bed rooms and we chose 3 out of 4 bed rooms). The villa was ready and very clean when we checked in. Fully equipped kitchen with a good size dining room, large living room for family gathering. The amenities such as Ipod and TV in every rooms are great , the pool is perfect size, the bath room in every room is large and the water pressure is just right. The master bed room has a bidet, rain shower, large bath tub and the toilet is separated by a semi wall which is nice.

The courtyard is setting is beautiful and we enjoyed our breakfast every morning in the garden and overlooking the pool. Breakfast selection has many choices from American as well as Indonesian and we loved their pastries and they will generously add more whenever we need it.

Good location, walking distance to Potato Head, La Luciola , Sarong and many other restaurants. Wished they had an access toward the beach which is just right behind the Villa We need to walk to La Luciola Beach which is about 7 minutes walk to the beach.

Overall, we satisfied with the villa and the services rendered. The staff are very polite and attentive.

Room Tip: Stocked non alcoholic minibar without extra charges would be a great added value. Many villas in Bal...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank hanryf
Reviewed 11 May 2013

As this was our first time in Bali we were excited to view our one bed-room Villa and it lived up to all expectations. Luxury living, spacious areas,quiet, and totally private.
Location is excellent being close to many fantastic restaurants as mentioned by previous reviewers.
Staff were very helpful, polite, friendly with a good sense of humour which provided a comfortable environment to enjoy our first visit.
We would have no hesitation in recommending Villa Akara to anyone wanting any of the attributes that I've mentioned.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We couldn't speak highly enough of Akara. Service was outstanding, villa was clean, private and quiet and in a great location. We had the 4 bed villa (but only used two rooms) pure luxury and very affordable if you split the cost with others. Highly recommend Akara. I was also a first time traveller to Seminyak so I cannot compare with other villas but I feel I have been spoilt and wouldn't want to stay anywhere else....when your on a good thing stick to it!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2013

The overall stay - location, service of the butlers and villa condition were very good. The butlers are very helpful. They even help to look after my kids when we are having our breakfast.
However, I have given an average overall rating for this property because I am concerned about the hygiene of the food prepared.
On one instance, we requested for more of a particular type of danish as it was nicely done. The butler is very prompt in meeting our request. However to my surprise, he actually brought the left over bread basket from other villa! We never asked for additional serving after that incident.
On the day of our departure, after having our usual breakfast, my in-laws started to feel nausea. They began throwing up at the airport. As for myself, maybe I am younger and has better resistance, I still suffered from severe diarrhea for 2 days!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JCJC76
Reviewed 22 October 2012

This was my 6th trip to Bali in 3 years (living in Perth, it is a short 3 hour flight). We have previously stayed at the Westin in Nusa Dua, the Villas and the Kunja (child-free) and Villa Nalina. This time we chose Akara as it was in a great Seminyak location but had a good lay out for our family of two adults, and children aged 7 and 5. After much research I had noticed that a lot of the 2 bedroom villas in seminyak have the bedrooms as separate units on opposite sides of the pool. I'm sure this is wonderful for two couples staying together, but like most mums I had visions of a small child sleepwalking straight into the water in the middle of the night!
We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa at Akara (number 7) which had adjoining bedrooms - one king sized bed and the other had 2 singles. Both had their own bathrooms, the kids' bathroom had an outdoor shower large enough to fit both of them in, with a little ledge they could sit on which was great.
The biggest bonus about Akara is the location. It is literally between Potato Head and W Hotel, and 5 minutes walk down Jalan Petitenget to the beach, where you can gain access in front of the temple and next to La Lucciola. This was an added bonus for us as we both enjoyed going for a run on the beach in the morning.
Lots of great dining around - I've already mentioned Potato Head and La Lucciola, but it is 5 minutes walk to Sarong (awesome Thai food), and maybe 10 minutes tops to Jalan Laksmana aka "eat street".
We enjoyed a couple of trips to Ku De Ta for lunch and sunset drinks. Great to give the kids dinner there whilst we enjoyed a cocktail at sunset, then come home to a babysitter and go out for a meal. Akara will organise a sitter for you at 60,000 rupiah per hour.
Worth mentioning that another great thing about Akara is the butler service. All the staff are lovely, courteous and helpful. Often if they weren't busy they would happily drop us "down the street" in the villa van. They didn't charge us but we were happy to tip.
On the odd occasion we had a problem (blocked toilet, pillows that had a funny smell and needed changing) the problem was fixed straight away and with no issue whatsoever.
Breakfast was great - good selection of full american breakfast or omelette, asian breakfast or continental. We also enjoyed the daily afternoon tea service, with tea or coffee plus biscuits in the villa, served by the butler. This was great for hungry kids who have been swimming all afternoon in the pool!
Whilst I think about it, another great bonus was that the butlers will do your basic laundry in the machine in the villa free of charge (like most mums, I classify a holiday as a period of time when I don't have to cook or clean!)
The only downside to Akara is that there is no extra space around the pool ie no lawn or anything (which we hav previously had at the Villas). Also, why do they have a 2 bedroom villa that sleeps 4, with only 2 sunloungers next to the pool? They were also very uncomfortable. Another small bone to pick - why only shampoo and no conditioner in the showers?
All in all, a successful trip to Akara Villas, and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
Pradha Villas
#84 of 148 in Seminyak
The Buah Bali Villas
The Buah Bali Villas
#6 of 118 in Kerobokan

Been to Akara Villas? Share your experiences!