Bonsai villas is a hidden gem in Seminyak, tucked away in a little alley away from the main road. It is so awesome, I got blown away first by Rudi's hospitality - he came out of the office to help guide the car for parking, brought us cold juice and then he brought us to our villa. In Bali everyone is smiling and Rudi has such a genuine smile - I think that is special for him as he sees the look of awe on our face for he and his friend IS THE DESIGNER and I tell you the decor is awesome.
It is very zen and japanese-themed and very lush with all the pretty flowers lining the pathways. Made me feel very tropical indeed. The villa itself is enclosed by a wall but you don't feel oppressed or walled up cos the wall is lined with all the plants and flowers. The living room, kitchen and toilet are open-concept. It makes the space very private yet airy. and the bedroom was so lovely cos there was a mosquito net (its a nice mosquito net) hanging over the bed and it is just pure elegance with all its draping. I think that was a winner for me. It was unusual bathing in the open-concept garden with the resident bird that lived in the palm tree and one little froggy which I at first was scared of but then they do look rather cute. The only drawback I would say is the mosquito but Rudi and gang would come in and arm the place with mosquito coils and ensure that we have a comfy stay and he also said to call them in the middle of the night if we are getting bitten and they would come armed with mosquito-killing-devices.
I would gush about this place for longer but I think pictures would tell a thousand words, so check out the Bonsai Villas website to get a feel of wt I am saying and of course GO THERE and experience it for yourself. Then come back and gush.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bonsai Villas offers spacious uniquely designed Asian and Japanese style fusion accommodation.Built with natural teak timber and tasteful antique furniture gives a serene relaxing atmosphere.In this quiet haven you will feel a sense of special friendliness free from everyday pressures.Situated in the centre of Seminyak,within walking distance to shops,restaurants, night life and all the excitement of this area.You will arrive as guests and leave as friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Bonsai Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bonsai Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Bonsai Villas Bali/Seminyak