“Convenient location and hard to beat price!”
Review of Bonsai Villas

Bonsai Villas
Ranked #102 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 13 November 2011

In April 2011, my husband and I spent the first 2 nights of our 5-night stay in Bali at Bonsai Villas. Check-in was a breeze, as we were welcomed and ushered to our villa by the friendly Rudi, Bonsai Villas' owner/manager. During our stay, there were only 2 villas in Bonsai but there were 2 more villas being built. At the time of booking, Rudi informed us of the ongoing construction work and offered us a 25% discount from their regular rate. I was a bit apprehensive at first as I didn't want to be bothered by the noise nor by the presence of construction workers, but I need not have worried. We were out for most of the day so the expansion work was totally unobtrusive.

The bathroom was unique in that it had an outdoor shower and a half-open toilet. It was actually memorable (and quite liberating) to take a shower in the open air, surrounded by the sounds of chirping birds. There was even a resident frog whom I had to keep an eye on while I showered to make sure it didn't come too close to me.

The Japanese-inspired villas were very kitschy and not really our personal style but we could not complain. Oh and the service was extraordinary! Rudi and his staff were very efficient, friendly and hospitable. I loved how they left a travel binder in our villa filled with heaps of helpful tips and information about the area. Nice touch.

Another thing I liked about Bonsai Villas is the prices of their mini bar -- they were the same as the prices in the nearby supermarket. So we could drink all the mineral water and beer we wanted, without having to worry about exorbitant hotel prices. Awesome!

All around, we had a very lovely stay at Bonsai Villas and to this day, talk very highly of it and the extraordinary level of service. Thank you, Rudi and staff, for making our stay oh so memorable!

-- Chris and Pagan from the Philippines

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pagypooh
There are newer reviews for Bonsai Villas

Reviewed 13 November 2011

I was not expecting much however I was pleasantly surprised.
Bonsai Villas - quintessential, tranquil, serenity, calm, secretly tucked away right in the heart of Seminyak.
Rooms- Clean, fresh, LOVED the open space of the villa.
Bed was comfortable, minibar reasonably priced,
Toilet/Shower- clean, again the open space is a plus.
Staff - Awesome! Rudi - manager fantastic to deal with.
TV- reception good quality although not a variety of channels.
Location- great, cafe's, markets, shops all in walking distance, however, the beach is not so close. Also, to get the the villa you need to walk/drive down a really narrow alley way. I traveled solo and as a female walking down that alley alone particularly at night had my heart racing.
I wish i had stayed longer to take advantage of the peacefulness the villa had to offer.
I would highly recommend it for solo's or couples who want the best of both worlds..quiet relaxation with the option to party hard down the street.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I have just returned from a 3 night stay at Bonsai Villas with my fiance - what an amazing place. Even though we arrived late at night, we were greeted with a smile from one of the staff, and led straight to our room. The room was exactly as per the photos on the website - fantastic! The villa was spacious, modern and clean. The staff had already provided mosquito coils before our arrival, which was a great thought. We were also offered a mosquito net on the second day, which we accepted as it made us feel like we we on safari!
The outdoor bathroom is a great idea. You can shower in the open air without any prying eyes, and when it rains it adds to the experience. The swimming pool is clean and secluded, and a great place to unwind after a busy day.
Rudi, the manager/owner is a delight. He took time to offer advice on places to eat, and also brought us a cappuccino on 2 separate days, whilst we lounged by the pool. Fantastic service.
This is a wonderful place to stay, offering great value for money. It is a 2 minute walk to the main road, with shops, restaurants and a supermarket, however it is a peaceful little haven away from the maddening crowds. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: All 4 rooms are the same layout and size, next to the pool. You will be happy whichever room you get...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
bonsaiseminyakbali, Owner at Bonsai Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2011

Thank you for taking time to write a great review.We especially appreciate the informative details
which i know will encourage readers to consider follow you Bonsai. We are so glad everything was to your satisfaction.It always pleases me that our night staff give the same attention to guests as the day.We look forward to greeting you again soon.

Rudi

Reviewed 2 November 2011

My girlfriend and I spent 4 nights at Bonsai Villas recently and what stood out most for us was the tranquility of the place and the friendliness of the staff and Rudi coming by everyday to personally check on our wellbeing. Having only 4 villas in the complex it was that personal one on one experience that was so amazing.
Of course the decor was stunning adding to the serenity of the place.
It was my girlfriends birthday whilst we were there and when we came home from shopping the boys had decorated the room and written happy birthday with leaves and flowers and created frangipanni hearts on the bed...we were blown away by their thoughtfulness.
It was great to be tucked away off the main street but close enough to walk to the supermarket, shops, restaurants and the beach.
The Japanese theme was different for Bali and we love it at first glance. Very spacious and great self contained facilities if you wanted to prepare ur own meals..
I would ask for a mozzie net if you don't like mozzie coils (we didn't) ..but all in all it was an amazing experience and one that I would thoroughly recommend....

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
bonsaiseminyakbali, Owner at Bonsai Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

All at Bonsai thank you for your lovely review,especially the staff who arranged the flowers.They always look forward to guests who have a special occasion so they can show their talents, knowing the happiness it brings.You were two lovely guests who made our work so pleasurable .
We cant wait to welcome you back some time.

rudi & staff.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

My fiance and i stayed at Bonsai for 8 nights and loved it. The staff are super friendly and very helpful. The location was great, we walked everywhere... Bintang supermarket around the corner, jl. Legian, and eat street is only a 10-15 min walk. The beach is about a 15 minute walk away, with lots of shops and places to eat on the way. In saying all this, the villas were completely tranquil and private, you wouldn't know u were so close to everything. Pool was great, we had it to ourselves most of the time. Mozzies weren't an issue at all, the staff put coils in our room every night. Thank you for a lovely stay rudi and the boys, we'd love to come back next time and happily recommend! Oh yea, go to Warung Kopi just across the road from Bintang supermarket... Amazing indonesian food, always busy serving the locals... And at a tiny price. Honestly, the best meal we had in Bali, absolutely beautiful!

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank MelGuy

Thank you so much for your review.We are so happy when busy guests take time to make informative comments which will be useful for the many readers looking for the right accommodation in Seminyak.We appreciate all you have written about your pleasant stay with us,
and look forward to your next visit.

Rudi & Staff.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

My husband and I have just returned from a 5 night stay at Bonsai Villas.
This was my 10th visit to Bali, my first in Seminyak, having previously stayed in the Kuta/Legian area. Bonsai Villas would have to be the best place I have stayed.
What makes Bonsai Villas so good is Rudi and the staff. There are only 4 villas so the visit was a far more personal experience. The staff are so friendly, always smiling and checking all was OK. Even after our 3 ½ hour flight delay, our pre-arranged driver (through Bonsai Villas) was at the airport waiting for us.
The location was great. The villas are only a couple of minutes’ walk from Jalan Legian and Bintang Supermarket, but far enough away from the noise of the street. There are some good restaurants within walking distance. We visited The Pearl french restaurant a couple of times (only a 10 min walk). Its definitely worth a visit if you want an exquisite meal.
The pool is not large though throughout our stay, we had the pool to ourselves. There was only one occasion when another couple was using it.
One thing to be aware of, there are a lot of mosquitos in Seminyak. Coils are placed in the villas each night but we requested a net for over the bed. It worked a treat. We also bought some spray from the Bintang Supermarket for just in case.
We would definitely recommend Bonsai Villas to anyone and look forward to returning as soon as possible.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CoupleDownUnder

Well thank you for wanting to return and we can`t wait either.You ,like so many of our guests were a delight to look after.I don`t think we could get any of our staff to move to another position as they are so impressed with the wonderful guests that keep arriving at Bonsai ,with many leaving as friends.

Kind regards Rudi & Staff

Reviewed 24 October 2011

I stayed at Bonsai Villa's from the 4th of Sept to the 11th, it was the perfect place to relax quiet, clean and Spacious, loved the Asian theme really felt like you were away from it all.
Bonsai Villa's are close to everthing and many restaurants are within a 5 to 15 minute walk away. Rudi and his staff were very friendly and helpful had a wonderful time and I will be back as soon as I can.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Kim W

Thank you for taking time to write a review.So glad you appreciated our Asian theme which is what we believe travelers expect to see in our part of the world .Just leave the western hustle and bustle and relax in the serene atmosphere of beautiful Bali... and Bonsai of coarse.We so look forward to your next visit.

Rudi & Staff.