In April 2011, my husband and I spent the first 2 nights of our 5-night stay in Bali at Bonsai Villas. Check-in was a breeze, as we were welcomed and ushered to our villa by the friendly Rudi, Bonsai Villas' owner/manager. During our stay, there were only 2 villas in Bonsai but there were 2 more villas being built. At the time of booking, Rudi informed us of the ongoing construction work and offered us a 25% discount from their regular rate. I was a bit apprehensive at first as I didn't want to be bothered by the noise nor by the presence of construction workers, but I need not have worried. We were out for most of the day so the expansion work was totally unobtrusive.
The bathroom was unique in that it had an outdoor shower and a half-open toilet. It was actually memorable (and quite liberating) to take a shower in the open air, surrounded by the sounds of chirping birds. There was even a resident frog whom I had to keep an eye on while I showered to make sure it didn't come too close to me.
The Japanese-inspired villas were very kitschy and not really our personal style but we could not complain. Oh and the service was extraordinary! Rudi and his staff were very efficient, friendly and hospitable. I loved how they left a travel binder in our villa filled with heaps of helpful tips and information about the area. Nice touch.
Another thing I liked about Bonsai Villas is the prices of their mini bar -- they were the same as the prices in the nearby supermarket. So we could drink all the mineral water and beer we wanted, without having to worry about exorbitant hotel prices. Awesome!
All around, we had a very lovely stay at Bonsai Villas and to this day, talk very highly of it and the extraordinary level of service. Thank you, Rudi and staff, for making our stay oh so memorable!
-- Chris and Pagan from the Philippines
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bonsai Villas offers spacious uniquely designed Asian and Japanese style fusion accommodation.Built with natural teak timber and tasteful antique furniture gives a serene relaxing atmosphere.In this quiet haven you will feel a sense of special friendliness free from everyday pressures.Situated in the centre of Seminyak,within walking distance to shops,restaurants, night life and all the excitement of this area.You will arrive as guests and leave as friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Bonsai Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bonsai Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Bonsai Villas Bali/Seminyak