“home away from home”

Ranked #101 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Cessnock, Australia
“home away from home”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We have recently returned from 6 weeks of travel, 4 weeks of which were spent at Bonsai Villas, Seminyak, Bali. It was our third stay at Bonsai Villas & again we stayed a month & it really has become our home away from home. We love the beautifully decorated self contained villas, the location & most of all the owners & staff. Nothing is ever too much trouble for Merv, Rudi & the boys. We have already booked for the month next May & advise anyone considering staying there to book early to avoid disappointment. There are only 4 villas & they are in big demand. We highly recommend Bonsai Villas.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Oamaru, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Stayed at Bonsai Villas with my husband for 3 nights in June 2012. Firstly, the location is fantastic: very central, easy to walk to most places in Seminyak/Legian from here and very close to Bintang Supermarket (an easy way to describe where the villa is to Taxi drivers). Price is fantastic for this area and your own private villa! Villas are spacious, very comfortable and clean. Staff light mozzie coils every evening, and the bedroom area is airconditioned. Lovely having an outdoor bathroom too. I was suprised how quiet it was here too, no noisy neighbours etc. Pool is great, very deep and clean. Staff are amazing and very helpful. Particularly Weedi (not sure of spelling) who was just lovely. Really enjoyed our stay here and would definately recommend to anyone else looking for a villa to themselves at a great price in this area!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank leoman_9
, Owner at Bonsai Villas, responded to this review, 7 July 2012
Thank you for your positive review.We really appreciate comments which encourage readers to follow you to stay at Bonsai.We get great pleasure giving our friendliness and service to all who stay at Bonsai where 99% of guests return our warmth with happy smiles and fond farewells.
Kind regards

Rudi & staff.
Melbourne
Reviewed 24 June 2012

The villas are lovely,aesthetic,comfortable ,spacious and in a great central location.
Rudi,Merv and staff have been fantastic attending to our requests.
We attended a wedding outside Seminyak and Rudi went way out of his way to assist us by organizing his tailor( who came to us and copied my husbands worn out trousers and delivered 3 new pairs on time before the wedding and our departure (all in 3 days)we were very impressed! Also Rudi came to our rescue with our ongoing plans to Lombok.Thankyou Rudi we are so grateful for your gracious hospitality.
We met other travelers there who had returned for a number of years to stay for a month or more and we can well understand why!We look forward to returning to your charming villas of serenity.

Room Tip: We found room number 2 to be the quietest when we were there at the end of May 2012
4 Thank PhysioMelbourne
Reviewed 20 June 2012

The villas are great, the pool area is like being in a japanese garden and the staff are really helpful. Rudi was very kind and gave us a late checkout for our daughter to sleep before a late flight.
I also like it that the mini bar is at supermarket rates.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Boxiebrowntownington
, Owner at Bonsai Villas, responded to this review, 23 June 2012
Loved your short positive review.Will be much appreciated by those in a hurry to find one of the best villas in Seminyak.You were wonderful guests . We very much look forward to your return visit.

Kind regards

rudi
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2012

What can I say? After so much research trying to organise the perfect trip for my partner and I for our anniversary...I did a pretty terrific job if I say so myself! Bonsai Villas were beautiful. From the moment I emailed Rudi with my enquiry and booked 11 nights at Bonsai Villas, (2-13 June) I knew that I had done the right thing. Rudi replied almost straight away, and was happy to answer my millions of "fussball" questions. Bonsai Villas, although tucked away behind a little alleyway, is in the heart of Seminyak. The location is perfect, and getting a taxi outside of the laneway is so easy and can get you anywhere you want to go in Seminyak in less than 10 minutes. Our villa (number 4) was spacious, pretty, comfortable, and at less than $100aud a night...extremely affordable for what you got. The service at Bonsai was outstanding. Rudi is so lovely and always up for a chat, his staff were friendly and made the effort to ask us everyday where we were going and what we were doing...and we always came home to a clean room after we had been out. At night, the staff came in when we were out for dinner and lit mosquito coils. Bonsai Villas were a wonderful stay and a fabulous change from your typical hotel room, providing top class service, beautiful rooms, great space, cappucinos served to you when relaxing by the pool, gorgeous grounds and a mini bar with the same prices as the local supermarket. Thank you Rudi and staff for making the first part of our holiday and anniversary in Bali such a magnificent experience. I would recommend this place to anyone looking to stay in a beautiful, quiet and private place in busy Seminyak.

Can't wait to come back already,
Sarah & Tim.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Sarah_Maple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2012

The Bonsai Villas attract a lot of positive feedback and the primary reason for selecting this accommodation.

In June last year I stayed just around the corner in the Haven hotel and left a fairly critical review following my stay in that hotel. This time around I did a bit of homework and on the basis of what I read booked the Bonsai Villas.

I was not disappointed!

Many (positive) things have been written before and I won't repeat them here but in my opinion the overwhelming single reason for the success of this place is the interest shown by the owners and the staff they employ. The interest they show in maintaining the place, the interest they show in their guests and their warm friendliness that seems to to be a characteristic of the villas.

Well done to Rudi and everyone else at the Bonsai Villas. I look forward to my next trip.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank stirl0
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Having spent 3 nights in Ubud, Seminyak appeared to have overwhelmed us a little with the hustle and bustle of a much vibrant town. And it took the serenity at Bonsai Villas to help us calm down and soak in the energy bit by bit.

The villas are located behind a small lane, which appeared to be inconvenient when we first arrived. We sure got used to it by the second day, and especially after gotten a scooter on rent. If you know how to manoeuvre one of those scooters or bikes, rent one. It was very useful especially when you travel to the beaches of Legian and Kuta.

Bonsai Villas has a total of 4 lovely rooms that surrounds a pool. The size of the pool was adequate and you can actually take a nice quite swim in it. The one down-side of the pool was the colour of the tiles, which was all black in colour with multiple steps. I had knocked my shin onto one of those steps, as it was camouflaged by the uniformed tile colours. But aesthetically it looks very nice though, just a little dangerous in my opinion.

The room we got was room 4. Overall my wife and I were very happy with the room. It came with a well-decorated hall, a useful and well-equipped kitchen and a roomy bedroom with a large bathroom attached to it.

The bed mattress and pillows were all comfy and the aircon was working well. The water pressure at the showers could be better but the heater was good. The tv was working but the pictures on every channel were grainy. Not a fault with the villa, but the satellite signal I suppose. So we ended up buying a few dvds to watch.

The kitchen equipments were adequate but their condition needed some improvements. The water kettle looked rusty and mouldy inside, and the villa didn't have any more spares. We had to boil water using a pot instead. And the floor tiles needed a better mop all round.

If you are looking to use the kitchen to cook, there is a large supermarket within walking distance you can buy your groceries from. Otherwise, there are a few restaurants nearby you can dine at. Ask Rudy and he can recommend you a few nice ones.

Finally we have to thank Rudy and his boys for their hospitality shown to us during our stay. Rudy especially has been very patient and accommodating to all our queries, and always speaks to us with a smile. If tranquillity and fantastic service are on top of your list, then Bonsai Villas will not disappoint.

Room Tip: They have only 4 rooms, so book in advanced if you can.
1 Thank SwirlingTraveller