Clio Apartments
US$418
US$320
Hotels.com
The One Boutique Villa(Seminyak)
US$311
US$219
The Legian Bali(Seminyak)
US$653
US$565
Agoda.com
Pelangi Bali Hotel(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$95
  • Pool
Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort(Seminyak)
US$958
US$418
Travelocity
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$281
US$548
US$527
Orbitz.com
Amadea Resort & Villas(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$69
Agoda.com
The Kunja Villas & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$577
US$556
US$225
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstudio roomminimalist designwall separatinghuge tvsunset roadfab locationloved staying hereplace to staycomfy bedseminyak areareception stafflate at nightenjoyable staythe main streetevery morningloftsskyloft
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I found out about Cilo Apartment through Tripadvisor/ Wikitravel. It is a boutique hotel so you need to manage your expectation. The location of the property is not along some major road although it is still walking distance to the main Jalan Raya Basangkasa (maybe 100m). Not an easy place to find. The place is not anyway near to the beach. No pool as well.

Booking was a bit of a hassle. There is no immediate reservation or online credit card payment, payment was by Paypal. When I checked in, there was only a security guard who could not speak English. No information on the wifi and other facilities in the room. It would be great if they could give guests (especially those who checked in after office hours) a simple welcome package with basic information about the property.

I stayed in the Twin Studio room. The room looks chic. But some of the amenities were not practical. For example, the shower was built on a platform at least 40cm- 50cm above the floor. No wall just a shower curtain. No shelf to put your toiletries. Although you could bend down to put beside the kitchenette sink. The room also had this moldy smell.

For the amount of money I paid, I think there are better places to stay around the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank genleorus
MarcusDM, General Manager at Clio Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear Reviewer,

We apologize our property was not suitable for you, However your review contains some falsehoods and your photo's are already out of date.

Considering we are behind cafe moka, and have another entrance next to bali deli,
If you can't find these 2 places in Seminyak, then you will indeed have a hard time finding Clio.

We do have a map on the web to assist people getting here, but the bonus of being off a main road, is its nice and quiet at night. We are only about 1km from the beach, and bars such as La plancha, etc, but the good news is we are a short walk from hundreds of shops and restaurants.

We do have an online booking system, since May this year, so maybe you missed out on using it by a few weeks.. sorry for that.

There is also an information board in every room since the last 4 months.. with wifi codes and general information.

We have also doubled our operational staff since you stayed with us, as well as many improvements such as new sinks, extra mirrors, and a water filtration system.

After reading the review I went down to the twin room and found 2 locations where one can place their toiletries, with-out so much as bending over. Firstly the sink bench, secondly the window sill.

Also the shower level is 30cm off the ground level , not 40-50cm as you stated.

Clio is indeed a design apartment, and a lot of traditional features have been morphed into the design, it can be challenging for some but most of our guests appreciate these differences.

Thanks for staying with us, you did have some valid points of things that needed to be changed, but by the time of your review, they had been done already.

Regards.

Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

"Cool" design and lots of space. Feels a bit cheaply done, but then you aren't paying much. Ground level rooms are quite dark. Sheets are polyester and make you sweat! How much it would have improved a night's rest to have decent, cotton sheets!
Also, there is a fan and A/C, but no mosquito nets. If bugs like you, best stay elsewhere b/c the mosquitos harassed me all night long! Room too large and ceiling too high and dark to find them.
In short, I would not go back.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank BigSkyBrightLights
Likewise77, Manager at Clio Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Our sheets are a cotton blend, we would never expect our guests to sleep in plastic sheets.
we use the hotel standard AVC T-200 as do most other hotels and villas on the island,

We do recall your stay, and your complaints about the mosquito's, and the staff did recommended that you use the mosquito spray supplied in the room,

However you stated that mosquito spray was poison and didn't want to use it.

We are sorry that our large room and high ceilings were not to your liking, maybe the studio would better suit your requirements, it is a little smaller, with a lighter ceiling.

Its a shame that you won't be staying with us again, as about 50% of our bookings are repeat guests.

To make sure that future guests are not annoyed by mosquito's we will be writing instructions in the room, the best way of dealing with them is by spraying the room before you head out to dinner, and keep the door closed at night, I am fully aware how annoying a night of mosquito's is, and how it could influence your thinking on our property.

Thank you for your input.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

i have recently returned from my second stay in CLIO , love it, Seminyak location for a great price.if you have work to do the internet is fast and free, which is not common in bali. This visit i stayed in the great new skyloft, modern minimal design, clean and simple and the deck a great place to chill. No breakfast other than fruit and coffee is not a problem as cafe moka at one end of the street and bali deli at the other, the location is ideal. I stayed there with my daughters in June( loft 3, the staff happily set up an extra bed), no pool was not an issue as we had been in Canggu hanging around a pool for 6 days prior, for us Seminyak is about the shopping and food so when your requirements are a clean, simple, value for money, comfy bed in fab location close to shops and restraunts CLIO will do the trick.

Room Tip: Sky loft or loft 3 are my picks
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate you taking the time.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

I've been visiting Bali for over thirty years now and have tried a wide variety of accommodation on the Island. I was so happy to find Clio Apartments three years ago. Apart from the modern funky design, it ticks all the boxes for me.

Good location
Quite / Secure
Reasonably priced
Good A/C, mattresses, TV, DVD, Music system, Free Wifi and more !

Very few of the more expensive places I've stayed in have all these features. I find the the staff and management to be friendly and accommodating. I am very happy to spend three months a year at Clio and will continue to do so in the future. I have met a wide range of interesting people staying at Clio and most seem to love the place as much as I do. My only issue would be that sometimes my sleep is disrupted with people enjoying themselves but I guess thats what holidays are about.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

We do indeed enjoy your company as a regular at clio.
We are aware of some of these pesky partiers and hedonists that frequent our establishment,
And we do need to make sure they move on if the party gets out of hand.
Also conducive of this is the Speaker-subwoofer system in the studio's.
For this we have installed resistors to keep the subwoofer at an acceptable level.
Hope to see you at clio again some time soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

We come to Bali a lot and this is the first time we stayed at Clio. The minimalist design rooms provided everything we wanted for our stay in Seminyak - they're clean, spacious, comfortable and look great. The location is perfect, so close to the action yet also so quiet. With combo of industrial design and an overgrown luscious green courtyard, it's a little oasis right in the heart of Seminyak. The staff were courteous and friendly, the price was completely reasonable, it's a great place to stay. We will definitely stay here again next time we come to Bali.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank senorlacalaca

Thank you for taking the time to write an entirely positive review.. we are happy that you enjoyed your stay..