“Best place to stay in Seminyak!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clio Apartments

Clio Apartments
Ranked #71 of 410 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Best place to stay in Seminyak!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2011

When I saw Clio's pictures from the internet, I fell in love instantly!!

But then by the time I had a sudden trip to Bali, unfortunately the studio and deluxe room was fully booked. But however, when I tried to browse another hotels nearby, I managed to visit the hotel and they told me again that only available room was Loft Suite and it was out of my budget, so I left.

30 minutes later, the female manager texted me through BB Messenger and said they would give me a special price to stay at the loft suite!! Without any second thought I went back to Clio and got my room key :)

The room was veerryyy spacious!! Especially for me, a solo traveler. But I loooveee the entertainment facilities, the 40" LCD TV, blue ray player, JBL ipod dock (!!!), wifi (eventho it's kinda on and off). The bathroom was very clean and the bed was suuuppeerrr comfyy!!

Yes unfortunately they only served coffee/tea and fruits for breakfast (no biggie, since there's a famous cafe moka just 3 minutes walking from the hotel which served the best pastries and quiche) and they didn't have any complimentary mineral water (we have to pay for the mineral water in the fridge, but the price was very reasonable).

For the same price perhaps you could find another hotels with pool and breakfast, but if you plan to spend more time exploring Bali outside, I think this is THE BEST place to stay!!

Will definitely going back to Clio with by girlfriends!! :)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2011

Despite the bad reviews about this hotel, i think CLIO has improvised! The rooms are very well maintain, clean, cool designs, the water runs perfectly (and the hot water too!), sleep quaility is excellent (i slept for almost 12 hours), the employees are very polite, helpful, made me feel like home. The value? God! If u can find a hotel with this price and quality around seminyak, i will kneel before u and kiss ur feet! My friends and I were very pleased with what CLIO has to offered, and yes, we will come back to CLIO! Speaking of...I'm planning to visit Bali again in March, I've booked a room at CLIO but this time...I'm going with my girl!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

Clio is located in a back alley of Seminyak, close to Bali Deli. As it is rather new, the road leading to the hotel is unpaved and full of stones, and badly lit.

The hotel does not give me a sense of safety as the reception is located in a "store room" tucked at one corner of the hotel. Anyone can walk in to the main stay area.

However, as no harm came our way, I think I was just being paranoid.

The room is huge, which was the best part. The bed was surprisingly comfortable. We had good sleep every night. The bad part about the room was the open concept. The toilet and shower area is also the kitchenette. And there are no doors whatsoever. I shared a room with a girl friend of mine, and we weren't comfortable with this open concept at all. But the worst thing about the open concept is, one person had to vacate the room if the other wanted to take a dump. Which was really dumb.

The shower area was also badly built. When you take a shower, the entire floor gets really wet, including the kitchen floor, since the shower is in the kitchen.

Overall, we felt that the place was just quite badly designed.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Yunewalawala
Likewise77, Owner at Clio Apartments, responded to this review, 21 January 2011
Hi there,
Good news, all of our old studio's have been renovated before xmas!
your comments added extra pressure to get this done quickly

They now feature:

Private Toilet room
Covered cubicle for shower
new taps and fittings,
new air conditioners,
more drawers,
more lights,
40 bar water pressure
and we create new windows at the back.
and a new sofa also !

I will try and get the photo's updated on website ASAP,
we have also opened 4 new loft suites, and the new Loft 2

If you come and stay with us again we can offer you a special rate..
I'm sure you'll be impressed with the improvements

if your interested please contact the manager at info@cliobali.com
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2010

We have actually booked in another villa & planned to come 1-2 days earlier than our actual booking to surprise an old friend & spend time with him. As we later found out that he was away for a business trip, he suggested CLIO as it was nearby his home & we immediately checked in.

Unfortunately the only available room was the loft, we took it anyway, and was mesmerized with the layout. My gf immediately loved it, it was perfect for the both of us & we didn't need a pool as the tub was more than inviting. We couldn't find any excuse to go out as the weather has been less than favourable, so we requested the staff to go shopping for us & buy groceries & enjoyed all the amenities in the room. I say you can't go wrong with a large LCD TV, homemade nachos & the company of your significant other. The kitchenette was a dream to use, I prefer cooking myself rather than eating out.

Too bad it was only far a night, but CLIO's Loft is definately going to be my next stop when I come back to Bali.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ouarzazate, Morocco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2010

Having living and traveling to Bali in the last 5 years, Clio to me was like unearthing a hidden treasure! And surely, I have seen and stayed in many places and nothing beats this great value for money. Being in the heart of Seminyak, its location is convenient and the studios are equipped with all that you need PLUS space. Service is warm, friendly and always ready to assist.
What I most enjoyed is having a good quiet night's sleep in one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in and waking up to the birds chirping and the gentle trickling sound from the minimalistic water feature outdoors.
It will always be my first choice. Clio is Class!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
jakarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2010

room : good layout, lots of details, stylist, most important i love the design, kitchen set, big plasma TV, cable TV, X-box, iPod dock, DVD player, and you can borrow DVD at the reception.

location : 45 minutes from the airport (85.000 rupiah), quiet area, close to shopping and restaurant area, 20 minutes walk to the beach.

note : newly couple, please ask for separate toilet :)

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2010

Clio is located in a small lane in the middle of seminyak, a little hard to find at first but this is what made it very quiet at night.

We looked around for a cheap place for some time but most places in Bali are now way overpriced.
In the end we found an ad for clio and went to check it out..
took a while to find but once we did we were quite impressed with the minimalist design and we were looking for something air-conditioned and mosquito free, which clio seemed to offer

We ended up getting one of the new loft suites, which were a very cool design, with 42" sony screen and blue ray player and a blue ray library , ipod dock etc..

no where else has the same room features that we saw here..

was quite surprised to see a few negative reviews, as the place was full when we were there..sure there could be improvements, but it seems the focus is on a nice private room which they have definately have.

For the money, i would definitely recommend the place.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business