Our family of five (3 teenagers) loved our stay at Bali Aroma Exclusive Villas. The villas had character and the clean, cool, private pool made for a relaxing haven to return to after being out all day in crowded, best Seminyak and Kuta area. We had such lovely helpful staff. Komang the daily manager and Rai the chef were delightful and bent over backwards to help. Nyoman the driver met us at the airport with a friendly smile and an air-conditioned car. Unlike some other reviewers we had no security issues and not many mosquitos either (staff sprayed our rooms each night). If you don't want to wake up to bat poo all over the place, leave the outside lights on at night. WiFi dropped out a lot - but that may have been our fault by having too many users on it at once.
The location will suit those who don't need ready access to nightlife (eg teenagers wanting to be independent) or shops. We found we used taxis to get into the centre of Seminyak and beyond because the busy roads and precarious footpaths do not make for a relaxing stroll. We discovered the beach was the best way to go, exiting at the Oberoi hotel - 20 mins or so. We walked along the beach to Kuta one day - about an hour at a fast walk.
The beach (for Kiwis used to pristine beaches) was a disappointment. Water not clear and filthy smelly streams pouring into it along the sand towards Kuta. I was not tempted to swim but can see why surfers like it. The walk through the empty lot to the beach is ok - shorter than going around via the road. The beach nearest BAEVs has a broken down seawall and, like the rest of Bali, plenty of litter. To the right (facing the sea) there are some good spots to relax in a beanbag with a beer to watch the sunset. Don't eat at the Balisani - menu from the 70s! Mozaik bar (to the left) was good for cocktails at Sunset too. If you really want luxury walk a bit further along to W hotel. Further down the beach towards Kuta (15 mins or so) are Potato Head and Ku De Ta - for hipper places to hang.
Local eating - Naughty Nuris just 2 mins walk away was great. Excellent ribs and vibrant atmosphere. Opposite the Semaya hotel is Sea Circus - probably our best meal in Bali if not Three Monkeys in Ubud (try the chilli prawn quesadilla). Give Biku (5 mins away by taxi) a miss for dinner (very average food but not expensive). Anomali in Seminyak was excellent for coffee. Sambal Prawn did a good dinner too in a lovely setting - try the shrimp balls on coriander salad. Warung Made in Kuta is better than Warung Made in Seminyak.
Spas - Beling at the end of the BAEV driveway was good value. Sundari (5 minute taxi) was more luxurious and a better quality treatment - owned by a German lady.
Excursions - we arranged a driver for the day through BAEV for US$50 which was very good value and for US$85 we had a car, driver and guide for 11 hours - a one-way trip to Ubud area and Candidasa (our next destination) on the East Coast. Again very good. For closer destinations, insist on Bluebird taxis as they are reliably metered and the drivers excellent. 5000 RP callout charge but worth it.
Opportunities for BAEV to improve include:
- new towels - the bathroom towels are now not white, worn and need replacing
- a refreshed breakfast menu - we got a bit tired of the same options every day for 5 days
- more rails/hooks to hang wet towels
- a comfortable chair in the rooms (to relax in air conditioning rather than having to sit on the bed)
They are building a large pool for general use which will be nice for those wanting to relax in a larger pool area (presumably with cocktails).
So BAEV was a lovely introduction to Bali that we would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Naturally beautiful Villas....Located within walking distance of Batu Belig Beach, one of Bali's most coveted strips of sand, only a few minutes from Seminyak Town Centre and a30 minute drive from the airport, Bali Aroma Exclusive Villas is the perfect home away from home for couples and families looking for all the creature comforts. The Villas were built above 1 Ha land, total of 11 unit furnished villas were completed in mid of 2009. With a series of spacious, luxuriously appointed villas in one, two and three bedroom configuration, as well as resort-style facilities and ample privacy, Bali Aroma affords guests the best of both worlds, with modern amenities married with the privacy and space of a private home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Bali Aroma Exclusive Villas Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Aroma Exclusive Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Bali Aroma Exclusive Villas Seminyak