Bugan Villas
  • Pool
All reviewswalking distancevillabaliadigazebosupermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2012

4 of us were hoping for an amazing holiday after a terrible year and it turned into a disaster!! There are Mosquitos everywhere! My 1 year was bitten on her first night......22 bites to be precise and she was unbelievably sick. We spent 3 weeks after coming home in and out of hospital due to the bites. We all couldn't escape the bites no matter how much repellent we put on. The owner has not apologized or even replied to emails which is just disgusting.
Avoid!!
The pool was too cold to swim because it is shaded all day.
Worst experience I have ever had and just heartbreaking to watch my daughter go through what she has.
I have never had to write a bad review in all my years of travel so it's disappointing to have to do so now

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Sally J
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Triana the villa manager and Made our driver is the best people ever!!! They make things so convenient for us. They dont charge when u ask them to send u nearby. Which is really great! U want great service and at a good price, this place is worth it. Triana is always contactable and assist promptly. The teat of the staff is great too! They are very well mannered and friendly. We love this place. It's a 3min car ride to potato head and Kudeta. You won't much at your door step to see and eat. But they will send u to places u wanna go. :)

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Xenho08
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Like many reviews I've read,true enough Villa 1 is the one pictured. We had a chance to take a peek into the other villas there, they looked hardly like any of the pictures shown online.

To be fair, the villa was relatively well kept. If you come from from the West,and this is your first Balinese experience, you'd probably be awed. Being from the East and (not flattering myself) relatively well travelled within the region, I find this property second class to many within the vicinity.

It does not have a proper check in counter, the breakfast was made cold and looked like they had them prepared the night before or bought them elsewhere, they had convenient access through a backdoor "locked" with a log through the door handle which compromises with security, there were floating substances in the pool, the jacuzzi was pumped out during the day which was stupid, they were life cockroaches crawling out of our rolled brand new towel, blood stains on the glass window, algae growing everywhere....
Plus, if you don't ride a scooter and the one and only driver is not around, you are basically screwed stuck in the villa at night. Though you could still call for cabs, but the wait could take "a while".

Fortunately, most of the staff are friendly. Although 80% of them speak almost no English,they would try their best to understand you or run to get someone who would. That is...when you find them. Don't bother calling them from your villa. Just walk out to the guard room to look for them.

DO NOT attempt to let the villa staff plan your itinerary. They would get someone they know to "help" plan and we had our itinerary compromised. Except for the water rafting we emphasized on experiencing, the massage was the most unbearable 2 hours we had on the trip. Our seafood dinner was reduced to 1 weird looking fish, 2 meager-looking prawns and some veg, when what we saw on the brochures had lobsters and everything. All for - US10 cheaper per pax. And they had attempted further to charge us an arm and a leg for the next day program. Luckily we didn't had too much beer... My mistake was not to take time off my work to sit down and plan the itinerary, thinking Bali should be relatively safe to book everything through the hotel/villa. I was so wrong...

Shower is outdoor. So,if it's a windy night and u need a shower, good luck. And,pebbles hinder the entrance to the shower. Be careful not to twist your ankles as you enter. Bath tub is huge, but it's rather awkward to get out of it cos there is no aiding structure and the tub is rather deep. Not suitable for younger kids and old folks. The shower head cannot be pulled to a length in the tub, so, taller guys thinking they do not like to beat the wind to shower outside will have to sit in the tub like a kid to wash up.

And, try not to dirty the bedsheets while you are there. We left marks to see if they change the sheets. Quite sure they don't, though they do tidy them. If you are a hygiene freak, do bring you own towels. Most towels there are stained.

Room Tip: If you really have to take this villa, Villa 1 is still your ONLY choice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank GeorgeJorgimoto
Sylvia Y, Manager at Bugan Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Warm Regards From Us Bugan Villas

Thank you for choosing Villa us to fill your holiday ..

Sorry if you have a problem about the breakfast. Indeed, while we ordered breakfast from the outside, but we've been trying to keep food warm by asking you, "what time you want breakfast in the morning .."

And if there is substance floating in the swimming pool .. it is to keep the pool chemical balance ph with the water situation in Bali, making it safe for use by guests when swimming.

For the jacuzzi that lights when daylight, a sign that our staff are working well in terms of checking and cleaning the swimming pool and jacuzzi. if you want to enjoy the jacuzzi of your own, please ask our staff to turn on the machine jacuzzi.

For your information about the presence of blood in the window. It is not blood but old paint window sills.

of if you want to travel when the evening. of the villas only limited taxi petrified. because of our free shuttle to the provisions as my driver available , except you request one day before to standby for you

as a manager in Bugan Villas, I am against you saying that we receive a commission from your activity. and that as long as I remember, as long as you stay in Bugan Villas busy you are at it with your own event with your tour agent.

each villa has a unique architect to show characteristics of the villa. same thing with Bugan Villas, we prefer the bathroom outside, because we want to provide comfort villa with tropical nature.

and I mentioned it once again, that your sheet will be replaced by our staff for two days and stained towel. we do not have time to check every towel that comes from the laundry. but trust me that your towel is clean towel

with due respect us. I on behalf of all staff Bugan Villas apologize if it's a mistake to understand makes you feel uncomfortable. but it sure is that we provide the best, thank you for your advice and see you again in the next holidays.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

We have just returned from our 7 day stay at Bugan Villas. This place is great. My family of 4 adults and 2 young children enjoyed this Villa very much. In response to previous reviewers - we did not have any spiders or lizards present, our villa was cleaned on a daily basis (cleaners would clean once we left for shopping / tours).
The breakfast is basic (continental / eggs / toast or Indonesian), and often arrived at room temperature but this was easily fixed by heating the eggs in the microwave.
Nothing was ever too much for any of the staff, and they even organised a beautiful birthday cake for my mum - complete with staff singing happy birthday, and cutting / serving the cake to us.
The driver (Marday) was wonderful and my children were very sad to be leaving him.
I would highly recommend this Villa. It is walking distance to a great restaurant (Pavilion) and the driver will happily take you where ever you need to go.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Clarktravellers
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I really don't know how this p,ace has good reviews on trip advisor! Maybe we just got a bad villa, villa number one we stayed in and from the moment we got there I wanted to leave!
It was dirty, rooms hadn't been cleaned - the 2 x spare rooms didn't get cleaned the whole 5 days we were there and dirty sheets and towels were left in the floor.

Our room only got cleaned after us going asking for it to be tidied! the doors didn't lock, the main outside one didn't even lock, the per was building works going in and to top it all off there were the biggest SPIDERS in our villa I've ever seen, I'm pretty well travelled around Thailand/ Asia and have stayed in cheap budget accomodation and never came across is, I was terrified, couldn't sleep and the whole experience was just awful - I wouldn't stay here again if it was free - seriously.it was pretty expensive and the only good thing about it was the airport pick up from the nice little chatty guy that took us back and forth! Do yourself a favour and don't stay here!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay in villa 1!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank missmerryweather87
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Warm greetings from our staff Bugan Villas

Sorry for any inconvenience during your vacation at Bali.

We apologize for the cleanliness of the villa, in because the day you check in Villa which should precede its regulations at14:00 pm should check in.But because you arrive earlier and at the other guests had also Check out , fear make you upset so we let you in. .. So our Staff just can give you the best what they can do.

1 unit Our villa has 3 bedroom villa, where if you rent for 1bedroom the other room will be locked and we do not wasting time to cleaing another room which are not in use, for cleaning the villa because we have a private villa.so if have any guest inside villas we don't want to disturb their privacy,then cleaning can be done under or request a guest after guest take a walk..

With due respect me .. I apologize for everything that happens in Bugan VILLA, when making your holiday feel uncomfortable because something which we can reach well or something we can't reach..like spiders or other animals.

Thank you for your Advise and hope we can do better later ..