Many times(actually all times) when preparing your trip, unless you have a place you enjoy staying at in a particular city, you rely on reviews and photos. Most often than not, the photos are taken from a certain angle, with a certain contrast in tone and colour to make the rooms look pristine and welcoming - rightfully so mind you! But a lot of the times you are left disappointed the moment you step through the doors as it's never exactly what you expected from looking at the lovely photos you saw online. With The Wolas Villas & Spa the first words muttered from my mouth upon stepping in to our villa was, "it looks exactly like the photos".
The service was professional and accommodating yet were never over-bearing. I would politely like to dispute the claim from a reviewer below that the staff were "shifty". How is it the Wolas staffs responsibility to provide change which was not given by a taxi driver, when all they do is provide the service of calling cabs for customers? I had no problems whatsoever with the staff in any way, shape or form.
The rooms were clean, and spacious; I can not over-state how spacious the villa was. I was with my partner, and as much as we wanted to utilize the entire space of the villas, I still felt that there was just too much of the villa we never used, specifically the living room area. The bathroom was MASSIVE; thanks to Wolas I will continue to hear about wanting the same sized bathroom over and over again from my partner - I still to this day hear this from her! The bathroom came with a couples sink, so in essence the villa is a true couples haven.
I found the pools were clean, and I didn't find the pool deck as slippery as others mentioned - though it's possible that I took extra care knowing what I had read previously. We also found the pool spacious enough to swim and paddle around in, and we also noticed that there wasn't too much chlorine in the pools which was a good thing also.
In terms of the distances to other locations (Kuta beach), I would say it's not too far, but when you factor in the unpredictable(and often times adventurous) traffic it can seem much longer than you'd imagine. The costs for cab rides are extremely affordable and fair, and like mentioned above often times the cab drivers won't provide the exact change, but who really wants the coins anyway? So it is wise to break up your bigger notes, and always have small notes ready when traveling about at all times.
The only major negative which I'd bring up is in regards to the beds. The beds were very spacious, but due to (I'm assuming) the aging of the beds, there was a significant dent in the middle of it which my partner and I found discomforting at times. But in terms of comfort, pillows, air conditioning, and even the added touch of having your own water bottle system at hand, everything else was top notch!
If you want to stay at a location which isn't right in the middle of the hustle and bustle but close enough, and in need of some privacy, peace and serene surroundings, The Wolas Villas and Spa is the way to go. I look forward to going back again sometime in the future, and lets hope that not much has changed - well besides the beds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Haven of Timeless EquanimityOffering superb ambience and peacefulness, The Wolas Villas & Spa stands amidst the dazzling Seminyak tourist resort, premier shopping destinations and entertainment venues. Designed in minimalist modern and private luxury resort, it reflects the style and elegance of Balinese culture. This emanates from the glamorous entrance gate inspired by ancient temple and Balinese miniscule garden marked with frangipani and other verdant shrubs. Here is the haven of equanimity in Bali. Hence, look no further.Simply for your convenience, the villas have been equipped with supporting facilities like fine restaurant, spa and spacious parking lot.Besides, our villas are indeed perched at a strategic location. It is only 15-minute drive from the airport and less than 30-minute drive to destinations like Denpasar City, Golf Course and Sanur tourist resort. Even, the legendary paradise of sand at Kuta Beach is only 10-minute drive.The frenzy of Seminyak means nothing to us. As soon as walking into The Wolas Villas & Spa, it has been conjured up into tranquility without doubt. Our villa compounds are appropriate with travelers enjoying vacation in couple or with family. In harmony with these needs, we have provided you with 16 one-bedroom villas and 2 two-bedroom villas. Each villa is designed in stylish interior and equipped with first-rate quality furnishings. Meanwhile, its standard feature embraces a private swimming pool, kitchen, dining area and living area. Other facilities equipping them consist of 42-inch plasma TV, cable TV channel, in-house entertainment, and WIFI Internet access.Indeed, we offer you a true hospitality since you first make a reservation until you say goodbye. So, enjoy our Balinese affability in daily interaction, spacious walkway with rich greenery environment to villa, and genuinely homey living. In short, it is entirely dedicated for shrewd travelers wishing to immerse themselves in a splendid resort experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Wolas Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wolas Villas Hotel Seminyak
- The Wolas Villas And Spa
- The Wolas Villas & Spa Bali/Seminyak