“Very Private and Peaceful Location in a busy area - Enjoyed my Honeymoon!”

The Wolas Villas & Spa
London, United Kingdom
“Very Private and Peaceful Location in a busy area - Enjoyed my Honeymoon!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This place has to be it if you're travelling to Bali. If you want complete privacy, clean environment, super friendly staff and service, private pool, a nice quiet location away from the hustle and bustle of Kuta and Seminyak then look no further. The Wolas Villa is close to the main road (sunset road) and you can travel anywhere from there quickly and cost effectively. The reception is active 247 and they are very helpful at times with tips and heads ups. There is a local shop that has everything you'd need for your holiday. The private pool is awesome and the room furnitures and linens are tip top. The restaurant food is really good compared to outside restaurants (we ordered the Chicken gourmet meal and veg pasta, Wolas choc cake - uff a must try!). The room service is rapid and they come immediately. Overall i'm giving this place a 5*.

They also decorated the room for us when we left a note to let them know its a honeymoon. There were rose petals in the bath, a bunch of flowers on the bed and a big delicious chocolate cake waiting for us in the fridge.

The only downside we experience was the A/C in the bedroom wasn't giving enough cold air. The wetroom A/C was working fine. I guess we should've reported this but we spent more time outside than in and we always cooled off with a dip in our private pool. If i return to indonesia i will not hesitate to book with Wolas again. Ideal for family and couples.

Good Halal places: Layali, Passargad, Pizza hut, McDonalds, KFC

Room Tip: If your A/C is not giving cold air just report this to the reception. I think all the Villas are bui...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 1 April 2014

Warmest Greetings from The wolas Villa and Spa @Seminyak Bali

Thank you for the time taken to sharing your experience while staying at The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak Bali

I’m happy to know that you have enjoyed our product and services. I will gladly share it with all the team. This will certainly motivated them to keep up the good work.
We have note some points from you and please rest assured that appropriate action has been taken by our Departments concerns, to handle and we will definitively continue to improve our service to make your next stay with us will be at a higher level of satisfaction.
Thank you once again for your comment, Look forward to personally welcoming you again in your next stay with us.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and hope your next visit with us will be as great as the previous one.

Operation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is the 4th time that we have been to The Wolas and it never disappoints us :

The great staff are like our family and we feel that we are going 'home' most of them have been working there since we started holidaying in Paradise! The villas are absolutely beautiful, so peaceful and tranquil that you leave feeling completely spoilt and pampered !! I noticed that previous review mentioned lots of Mosquitos , well I hardly saw any and they usually 'make a bee line or should I say a Mosi line for me' !!

We will hopefully return very soon - it cannot come quick enough !

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 20 March 2014

Warmest Greetings from The Wolas Villa @ Spa . Seminyak

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment in regards to your experience of staying with us through tripadvisor.com.

We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed your repeat stay and that you were satisfied with the services rendered by my team of warm and friendly Balinese staff.

On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for choosing The Wolas Villa and Spa and hope that you will return to our Villas to enjoy another wonderful experience with us.

With best regards,
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed in the Wolas property (3B) for 5 nights/6 days along with my wife and was quite happy with the facility & hospitality. The Staff were very polite and courteous and were available 24*7 on call. The Private pool was kept clean all days and even minimal issues like AC water leakage was addressed within 15mins. Overall we had a very good experience and would love to be back at the property when we holiday in Bali next.

Room Tip: Except for the lack of a Fitness center, the overall experience was very good.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 17 March 2014

Greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post the positive feedback of your recent experiences at TripAdvisor.com

It is pleasure to hear that your recent experiences was amazing and an enjoyable time while staying at The Wolas Villa .

We do hope to have an opportunity to welcoming you again in this villa even wish longer stay with us in the near time to come

Yours Sincerely,
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I took my fiancé here for his birthday, a quiet one and to relax. Was his first time in Bali. The staff were amazing! So friendly and just made every moment comfortable and easy going. I big thanks to the Breakfast bunch! Those hungover mornings with an amazing Dragon Fruit drink for the cure! breakfast was amazing! the ladies at the spa just wonderful! We would definatly stay here again. The Villa was beautiful! We are looking to come back in 2015 for our wedding! I think the The Wolas will be honeymoon spot!

Room Tip: All of the Villas are beautiful
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Guest

Warmers Greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa..

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor.com.

It is a great pleasure to learn that our valuable guest such as you, had a great impression of our Villa. Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and thanks to your positive comment and feedback that we able to maintain on our service standard.

Thank you for the compliment upon our service and product.. We have always been committed to always give our guest a memorable experience with indigenous hospitality.

On behalf of the entire team, again I would like to thank you for choosing The Wolas Villa and Spa we look forward in welcoming you back to this beatiful island.

With best regards
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Great spacious villa with private pool. however towel was not as clean, the wall was slimy and green. Noticed moss on the pool' staircase and just very hesitate to swim in it
again. It's a waste as we had 2 nights there.

• Stayed February 2014
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Guest ,
Greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa @ Seminyak

First of all thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent trip to The Wolas Villa and Spa Bali. Your feedback is very important to upgrade our product in the future.

We have note that you have some point ,I would like to assured that I have personally spoken to department heads responsible for the areas where your valuable feedback highlighted the need for improvements and accordingly they will follow up with our associates in an effort to improve our product

Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Wolas villa and Spa Bali in the near future.

Kind regards,
Suparta /Operation Manager
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

It is a great relax place for families or couples. Villa is very clean and neat, big enough to have the kind of "wow" feel. Hotel services is excellent! Everyone will greet you whenever they sees u and they are very helpful in every ways. Room services is very fast too. Pool is quite clean.

As for the mosquito problem, just burn more mosquito coils and you will be fine. They even did fogging for the entire Villa on day 2.

The only problem I have is the lighting, it's too dim. Yes it's romantic but it's way too dim for reading. The villa may want to look into this. Also the pathway leading to the villa rooms are also very dimly lit, I have to use my phone led to shine my way through.

Overall, it's an excellent stay. If you need to travel, just get the receptionist to get a taxi. Mini mart is just 5 mins walk away.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 2 March 2014

Warmest Greetings from The wolas Villa and Spa @Seminyak Bali

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My husband & I needed a vacation, a timeout from work just to chill and relax. We've never been to Bali so I asked for feedback from friends who frequent Bali. My requirements were simple: a villa with private pool, peaceful, located somewhere not too busy, easy access to restaurants. Most of them told me to stay in Seminyak as it's quieter and the villas are nicer. I did some searching and decided to book The Wolas due to the high ratings and was captivated by the pictures posted online. Now, the pictures you see in the net is the same as what you'll get too.

We stayed for 4d3n, out of which 2 days were spent in the villa and another day out doing some touristy activities. We didn't get to see much of Bali due to the rain but that didn't matter as our objective was to relax and the villa serve this purpose perfectly. We chilled by the pool, watch tv, ordered room service and chat for hours. Basically we spent a lot of quality time together.

The staff are very friendly, always smiling and never fail to greet you. Our 1 bedroom villa is huge and the 1.5m deep pool is just great. I for one, am very particular about cleanliness and the villa did not disappoint me. Same goes for the room service - they serve good food! In fact, we've ordered room service 3 times during our stay here. Talking about food, you can also opt to have your breakfast served in your villa.

Although a bit pricey if you're comparing to a hotel room, The Wolas gives you the privacy you need, your own pool, hall and kitchen. It is well worth every penny spent. Perfect getaway for couples and highly recommend for honeymooners.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 23 February 2014

Warmest Greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak Bali

It’s a pleasure to know that overall you are satisfied with our product and services, I’ll proudly share it to all of our team, and I’m sure it will motivate them all to keep up the great work.
It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak Bali, and made your next holiday with us will be as amazing as the previous one.