“Outstanding”

The Wolas Villas & Spa
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I had been to this place with my wife and 3year old daughter wat amazing place no words to describe the staff I felt like am home especially Agus ,Arrii, Surya, Wida ,Sushi these people made my holiday really special and they suggested me the best place in Bali thanks a lot guys and will definitely come bak again to Wolas

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shailesh M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We had been wolas spa resort in May 2014 no words to describe wat a amazing place .my daughter enjoyed with the private pool in every villa and the staff so excellent felt like family especially Agus , Arri, Surya ,Wida ,Sushi these people have suggested me the best places in Bali and will again visit very soon and stay this place only .the only issue was the resort should have variety of food only1restraunt is there and their spa is also very good

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shailesh M
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is not out first time in a private pool villa so we know what we should expect. We were also celebrating our anniversary so this was a honeymoon somewhat :)
That said, we stayed for 5N/6D in a one bedroom villa.

To start with the good points:
They had flowers on the bed, bath tub and a small cake for us to star (that was nice). Setup of the Villa is lovely, Pool size and depth (1.5 or 1.6m) excellent, A/C in the room is very nice and cold, 100% privacy all over our villa, staff mostly very nice and sweet (although sometimes communication was abit of a problem but no big deal), food was good and not expensive (They said they have halal menu although one time a kitchen employee answered and said no we don't have and then someone else took the phone and said yes we do, so abit suspicious there), BBQ seafood and the romantic dinner in the villa was perfect and finally the Spa was wonderful!!

The bad or need improvement points:
New paint job for the room, bed sheets/covers are full of dirty stains (although they were changed twice but still the same with the changed sheets), towels look like there 10 years old and all worn out, so need to buy new ones (every set we got each morning was the same), when we left the villa and asked them to clean the pool we came back and we were not sure if it was cleaned or not as it had a lot of dirt inside (also some green molds in some areas of the pool) plus the trees had some white stuff of them, like spider web or something and it kept falling inside the pool, Spa bed and sheets that came to the villa also need to be replaced as they are worn out and kinda dirty, housekeeping trolley looked like it fell out of a plane (had tape all of over to put it all together), beach club was closed for three days in a row as they didn't have staff (Seriously!!!) and finally the lock for the room was very easy to open (just slide the door strongly and it opens) and the outside lock for the villa was a joke and need to put a real door lock.

Note: To many Mosquitos inside the room and outside (although they had two repellent coils outside, one electrical inside, a spray can, cream and they say they spray the property twice a week) but we still got bitten so many times.

Overall the Villa is nice and good for the price we paid but small things that any 5 star resort should look out for was not done here and that's why I would not recommend this Villa unless the above was fixed.

Finally I need to thank all the staff at The Wolas Villas for doing there best to keep us happy and comfortable during our stay :)

Room Tip: Must have the seafood BBQ dinner in the Villa and the Romantic dinner.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Moe_Sara
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Last weekend, I was extremely fortunate to spend a couple of days (too short!) at The Wolas Villas in Bali.
Beautiful villa aside, what really amazed me wasn't just the infrastructure, which was absolutely amazing, but the solution-driven service that the reception had to offer, practically 24/7.
1. I only arrived at Bali on Friday evening and was aiming to have a daily KPI of one massage a day. After arriving at the villa we went out for dinner and to have a stroll and didn't come back until close to 11pm. We knew that the hotel had a spa but didn't know what the operating hours were. Thus we decided to call the reception to ask if we are able to book for a massage. The reception replied that the Spa closes at 10pm but if we could give him some time, he can call his contact to see if they can get a masseur to come in.
There was 2 of us so while he found one contact, he had to call to check if there was someone else. Unfortunately there wasn't another person, but the the current masseur (a lady who is probably in her 50s) was happy to massage us one at a time.
It was close to 12 when she arrived but she never complained or whine. What's more, the massage was something like SGD20+ (before tips) an hour for a body massage - definitely not someone who was opportunistic and wanted to make a quick one out of us.
2. After both our massages ended at around 2am, we were starving (my dinner was super spicy so I barely ate) and wanted to call in Room Service. I kept calling and no one picked up but after my 4th or 5th try, I called and the reception told me that Room Service ended at 10pm. However, he's happy to transfer me to the McD hotline who would deliver within 25mins. Yes I shouldn't be stuffing myself with McNuggets at 2am but I was really hungry by then. And now I know McD delivers 24hours in Bali.
3. Due to bad planning, we wanted to get a car almost immediately to bring us around (and to carry some of our friends shopping). There was 5 of us and a normal sedan car wouldn't fit us so we had to get one of those 7-seaters. The hotel's car was booked until 4pm (it was about 1pm then) and the reception called an external contact to get us a car in almost 10mins. Super impressed.
I am still tremendously impressed at the service that was provided and would not hesitate to book them again on my next trip.

Room Tip: Villa 2 is not bad as it's away from the reception area. Remember to keep your blackout curtains...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Choyna
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I'm afraid to share my review in case too many people start staying here and the secret gets out ..... We just spent nine blissful days at the Wolas. The villas are exactly like the photos. There is privacy and quietness. The staff cannot do enough for you. Spa is very reasonably priced & excellent. Some people may not like that it isn't in the heart of Seminyak. But I think that's what makes it beautiful. It's only 25k Rph. To the centre of Seminyak. We'll be back for sure. For anyone that gets put off by Mosquitos , the only time I got bitten was when I was out of the Wolas (& I'd get bitten if there was only one mozzy on earth)

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vixeninoz
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Warmest Greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak Bali

Thank you for the time taken to sharing your experience while staying at The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak Bali

It’s a pleasure to know that overall you are satisfied with our product and services, I’ll proudly share it to all of our team, and I’m sure it will motivate them all to keep up the great work.
It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak Bali, and made your next holiday with us will be as amazing as the previous one.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Overall this property is good value for money. It does seem older than it actually is. Maintenance level of the villa is not great (eg paint flaking off the walls). Plenty of mosquitoes make the outdoor living and dining room of the villa nearly inhabitable. Fuzzy cable tv reception. Pool a bit dirty (not aided by leaves and flowers from nearby trees constantly falling into it). Location is too far away from seminyak centre and beach. Shuttle service should be more frequent. Staff a bit hit and miss (multiple reminder calls to check out at 12 left a bad taste in mouth).

• Stayed April 2014
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest
Warmest greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak Bali

Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience with us, and I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We have note some points from you and please rest assured that appropriate action has been taken by our Departments concerns, to handle and we will definitively continue to improve our service to make your next stay with us will be at a higher level of satisfaction.

Binningen, Switzerland
Reviewed 17 April 2014

What a perfect stay at the Wolas! I booked this hotel for a week stay in Bali. Probably the best hotel I've ever been. Perfect service and extraordinary personnel. Friendly and the hospitality was more than I've ever expected. You will really feel at home at the Wolas! Perfect organization of trips and all your wishes. The Villas are just amazing, perfect breakfast for all your wishes. Thank you for the stay there, certainly will come back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Guest
Greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa
Thank you for taking your time to share us your recent holiday experience at The Wolas Villa and Spa @ Seminyak Bali
I am very pleased to know that you have had a most memorable satay with us recently and that you enjoyed its facilities and services provided .I will gladly share it with all of our team members, and it will certainly motivate them to always keep up their good job.
We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of being of service to you during your recent visit to Bali and look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you back again to The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak , Bali in the near future.