“Bad customer service”

Ranked #82 of 107 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Beijing, China
“Bad customer service”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

My family and I were interested in staying in this Villa in December, we even went to visit the villa to see how good it is. The place is good and we were planning to stay there, however, we were trying to ask the customer to match the Internet price that we found. We even offered to pay everything at front. They said they're going to ring us back, but never did. We rang so many so many time and they never rang back like they said.
This definitely disappointed us and made us think twice of staying there :(

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
BSV-MGR, General Manager at Bali Swiss Villa, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Dear Customer,
We appologize for the inconvenience. Yes, we had problem in our phone for the past few months. We have tried our best to get it up but our phone provider is very slow in fixing the problem. We still have phone issue until today for the number +62 361 733226.

For our customer's best interest, we have installed new phone number +62 361 7984288. Should you have any inquiry, feel free to call us. We are good in responding emails too, feel free to write us at reservation@baliswissvilla.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Again, we are sorry for the trouble. We hope you to come and stay with us in the near future.

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We stayed in October 2012 in a presidential suite with 5 people and had an amazing stay. Each of the three bedrooms had ensuite bathrooms and there is a communal living area and kitchen.mThe villa was beautiful and the pool was well maintained, a good size and great to, keep cool in. The bedrooms were air conditioned well however there were small gaps under our doors that would let Mosquitos in from the outdoor bathroom and pool area. Staff were very friendly however there is a slight language barrier but they were extremely helpful.

Location: a bit out of the way from main seminyak area and some taxi drivers get lost. We found that if you say jalan Kunti 2 (the street that leads to hotel) you will see a sign for Bali Swiss or murano spa.

Although the location is a little way out, taxis in Bali are very cheap and the reception orders and they are there in five minutes. The upside of this is that although you are inconvenienced by being further out, you get better value for money here compared to a better located hotel.

Carrefour is a short taxi ride away and is great for supplies
We enjoyed murano spa (2 minute walk away) with great prices for massages and facials. We got the 3 hr couple package and it was great.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TravellingTTs
Jakarta
Reviewed 17 March 2013

This place is a good value for money. I think it is incredibly difficult to rate a villa in Bali because they are generally all good. The difference is just the cleanliness, newness and how close it is to restaurants/bars. Well Bali Swiss Villa is located in Seminyak, but you have to drive for about 5 minutes in order to reach the crowded area. The villa itself is good, I mean standard clean, relatively new, good outdoor showed. I won't say that it blew my mind though. However, it is a pretty good value for money for the 3 bedroom villa. I might come back here again as a safe choice in Seminyak.

Room Tip: Just make sure that all the lights and air conditioning are working when you first enter the villa.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

On my last trip to Bali, I've decided to try Bali swiss villa because of all the good things I've heard about this villa. I got 40% discounts and I wasn't disappointed... the service throughout was helpful and friendly.

I stayed in a deluxe room, which was really well decorated, wi-fi is included and there's good signal throughout the hotel.

I was really impressed with my experience at Bali Swiss Villa. Would definitely come back again.

• Stayed March 2012
Reviewed 14 December 2012

In short, the villa that I experienced in Bali Swiss Villa:
1) infested with bed bugs
2) plus mosquitoes bites on our bodies (it pains me to see my daughter's hands and legs having big red swollen bites)
3) power failure for short period of time when we sleep
4) floor sticky and dirty
5) having breakfasts with many houseflies (hygiene is bad!!!)
6) lights not repair even after complain
7) I book premium villa and not deluxe villa as the difference between these 2 villas is premium villa include flower petals in the pool, but when I reach there, they did not even have it!!! I told them about it and they still ignore it EVERY DAY!!! (I stay there for 5 days 4 nights!!!) I demand them to charge me for deluxe villa, but they still charge me at premium villa rate!!! According to the staff, deluxe and premium villa size are the same!!! So why do i have to pay at premium rate??? (www.baliswissvilla.com/galleries.aspx)
8) although stated free WiFi, but we tried many times, even in the presence of the staff, but we still cannot use the WiFi!!!
9) Location is bad, not very accessible...

The staff only know how to say "sorry sorry", but they did not solve the problems/feedbacks which I gave to them regarding the villa that I've stay!!!

As customers, we feel that we have been CHEATED!!! I told the staff that I demand to talk to the manager, but they will push the blame around till no one can give me a satisfactory answer!!! Just my luck!!!

• Stayed December 2012
BSV-MGR, Manager at Bali Swiss Villa, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
Dear customer:
Thank you for providing feedback. I understand the miss-communication that you experienced at Bali Swiss Villa.

We are sorry to hear about the mosquitos bites. We do have pest control periodically to control the bugs, mosquitos, etc.. We also have provided bug expel in the villa.

About the flower, do can make that arrangement per request. There is an additional cost to it. We would decorate the villa wtih flowers and rose petals. Mostly, we do this for honeymooners as they always request for our honeymoon package. I hope this answer your questions.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We do take your feedback for our improvement internally. This shall not happen again in the future.

Best Regards,

Bali Swiss Management

Travellers are raving about these Seminyak hotels

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 8 December 2012

The staff at the BSV were all very helpful, warm and welcoming. You can have a cooked breakfast in your own villa each morning. This is mainly eggs (any way), bacon, chips and a small fruit plate and some juice. A large bottle of spring water is provided in the dining area (which in Bali style is not airconditioned).
We were initially worried about the accommodation choice given what some other reviewers had stated but we decided to go with the flow. We stayed in the Aroza Villa last week. The beds are wooden slat based and ours creaked with every turn which is not entirely conducive to a solid sleep. We did mention this to the staff but I don't think there was much they could do about it. After a few days, we also asked if we could have some chlorine in the pool as the water started to look not so clear. Our bathroom, especially the shower, did not look like the photos on Trip Advisor but I had taken some flip flops (Aussie thongs) to use but the villa provides these in the bedroom cupboard. The roads have just been sealed last week while we were there making the trek out to Sunset Road a bit easier. There is a nice spa a couple of doors down where you can get a massage for about Rp100K. BSV does not have a restaurant or cafe (you can get soft drink, Bintang and chips in lobby), but the Bali Deli is only about a 15-20 minute walk away, although you have to cross a large intersection. The cabs are cheap and reception is happy to call one for you when you want to go somewhere (about $3 to Seminyak shops). A lot of the really nice restaurants are also in close proximity by cab. BSV also have a couple of drivers with vans they can call if you want to go on a day trip. Our driver, Made, was great fun and really tried to suggest interesting things to do and places to see. We went to Blue Point for some surfing action - would not have known about it if not for Made. There is another driver but the day one of our group wanted to go the beach and surf, the usual driver was not available and sent someone else. Take care in this situation and make sure you negotiate the price up front with the actual driver as this became an issue. Overall, BSV is great for a quiet getaway if you want to lie by the pool and read but you can't duck out for a spontaneous quick spot of shopping or walk along the beach - you need to plan ahead and get a cab.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

Literally perfect and all for the same price as a travel lodge in the uk. Paradise. We had a presidential villa and it was amazing, your own garden, pool, the biggest bathrooms I have ever seen, they even have their own garden area in the bathrooms

• Stayed November 2012
BSV-MGR, General Manager at Bali Swiss Villa, responded to this review, 22 November 2012
Thank you for the great feedback. It's our pleasure for you to stay with us. We hope to welcoming you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
Kunti Villas
#93 of 415 in Seminyak
Grania Bali Villas
Grania Bali Villas
#164 of 415 in Seminyak

Been to Bali Swiss Villa? Share your experiences!