“very value for money”
Review of The Studio Bali

The Studio Bali
Ranked #10 of 119 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 March 2014

i was stay there for three nights and i chose for the villa budget. it was beyond my expectation actually, especially for the quiteness and very homey.. the staff was helped me very well when i was not having an idea what to do in bali since it was my very first time in bali. the cleanliness of the room is okay. and if you just want to spend a day in the room, you don't have to worry cause the hotel would provide you with dvd's and books too.. overall, the studio is one of very value money hotel if you choose to stay in bali and don't want too far away from the airport or nightlife..

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank dicz123

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Great place for stay away from hustle bustle of the city. 20 mins drive from airport. The room is very clean & great service. Good environment for relaxing. Small swimming pool for adults. Breakfast is provided too. Recommended for honeymoon couples/family.

2  Thank de_opex83
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Staffs are great! Very friendly and helpful. The suite is spacious, clean, comfort - SUPERB! Free shuttle service to the beach and also rental free bicycles are provided to the us. The breakfast is delicious. Location wise, it is a bit far from the crowd but there are good local food stalls nearby, and most importantly it is cheap and taste good! Overall, The Studio is MARVELOUS! We will definitely come again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Xenix_Quah
Reviewed 1 March 2014

At first, I had my doubts for staying at this hotel. Cheap villa in Bali? Sounds too good to be true. But, it is true. The Studio offers an affordable villa during your holiday in Bali.

Location : a bit far from the crowd. So, if you prefer crowds then this one really not suits you. But, if you're looking for a tranquil place to stay, this one fits perfectly.

Price : with a price of USD 50 per night and you get yourself your own private budget villa, then it IS NICE! :-)

Facility : My villa was 205. A bit far from the lobby, but it does not matter for me. Each villa have their own back patio and front porch for you to sit and lounging around whilst enjoying the paddy field. Not a pretty sight since there are a lot of development in its surroundings. But, then again it doesn't matter to me.
There's a little pantry where you can cook your meal, if you have to. Though they don't provide cooking utensils. Maybe you could ask the staff.
A DVD player and a 27 inch LCD TV. You can borrow some DVD on the receptionist. Don't expect new and box office movies, but some as far as I acknowledge, quite OK collection.
You can borrow bike to go around. The Studio have 5 free bike to lend.

Service : I am that kind of traveller where I don't ask a lot to hotel staffs. Since I've got internet at my hand, I tend to leave it all to Google. But, the staffs was friendly enough. No complaints on that side.

CONS :
I am an acute OCD. :-) Although I rarely make a big issue out of it. However these things can be improved and I hope it will improved their service.
When I checked-in, the back porch was a bit dirty with dry leaves and dead bugs.
There was a lot of dust under the bed.
There are rat drop on the closet in the bathroom.

My advice to hotel staffs :
Please always check and recheck each room after being left unattended for some time. Make sure everything work properly when a guest checked-in.

I will go back to stay at this property. None of my cons will affect my review of this property. Since I believe in second chances. :-)

Room Tip: if you hate long walks from the lobby, ask for room 201-203. The distance is friendly enough to the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank alexanderdendol
ElloraBaliGroup, Pemilik at The Studio Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear, Alexander

Thank you for your constructive criticism.
We always appreciate our guest comments and opinions and try hard to rectify any issues.
We just would like to point out that the droppings are actually from Geckos which are native to Bali.
Looking forward welcoming you again.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I m so happy to be there n the staff r so helpful. Value for money and easy access to the beach n shopping. Food stalls r easy to find. The rooms r superb. I wld definitely come again to this htl. Its worth a stay n the place is so peaceful for honeymooners.. I love it there.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I would really emphasize on the service here at The Studio. Staffs are all polite and never without a smile. The warmth u get from the service is just so welcoming. Friendly without being pushy.

The rooms will always be clean up without having to inform them, daily. I say this awesome service!

The only negative feedback that i can say is only about the alley that u have to walk through , if u decide to walk from the street to go back to the villa, its really dark in the evening.. Definitely not for the soft-hearted!

Overall, our honeymoon stay at The Studio will be a memorable one. Relaxing, stress-free and enjoyable!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Rooms clean and well equipped. All the electronic gadget you could want. If you have an iPhone it's great (iPhone dock in hifi). We couldn't figure out smart TV so just downloaded movies on Mac, dumped onto USB stick and played through smart TV gizmo.

Rooms cleaned daily, good breakfast.

If you're after a place a bit away from mad crowds of Kuta, Legian and Seminyak central, this could be your choice? No bells and whistles but all the basics well catered for.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple