“Perfect Bali hideaway”

Ranked #131 of 412 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Melbourne, Australia
“Perfect Bali hideaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

If the biggest concern is an unpaved road...

I absolutely adored this place. It is a short taxi ride ( about $1.50 worth ) from Seminyak/Legian and most days I walked it anyway. The villas are brilliant, service was perfect and I honestely can't fault this place. The staff are so helpful and friendly and do their best to make you feel welcome, while still giving you privacy. They really took great care of me. The pool at each villa is fantastic too and with the whole villa opening up on to the pool/outside area it really is just idyllic. Would recommend anyone looking for a romantic, relaxing getaway to stay here for sure ( I was on my own actually and it still was the best experience! )

Definitely would/will recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Anna H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

I stayed at Amor Bali Villas in seminyak for 3 nights after staying in Legian. The villas are actually called man and women villa so make sure you tell the taxi drivers this name instead.

The villas are about a 10 minute drive from the main area in Seminyak. Each villa has a private pool with a poolside bed. A large living room separate bedroom and a massive bathroom with a separate bath tub and shower. The villas are huge and great value. There is free wifi which you can use at the reception area or I found it worked in the villa everywhere including poolside except for the bedroom.

You can have breakfast served poolside in your villa at whatever time you choose and the breakfast is great! Fresh fruit and pastries as well as eggs.
Theres also a free shuttle service into town but make sure you call reception to ensure the car is ready before you head down. Its also only about a 20,000 RPH taxi ride into seminyak and depending on traffic you can taxi into Kuta/Legian for under 40,000 Rupiah.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Sarah-Jane86
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

We arrived at Man and Woman Villa for a 10 night stay. As mentioned in previous reviews the road to the villa is not perfect, however we drove down at least twice a day and never had any complaints from taxi drivers at all.

On arrival at reception we were greeted by friendly staff and given a welcome drink and wet towel. We arrived before check in time but our room was ready and as we walked through the door we couldn't believe how good the villa was!! All of the rooms were massive, the bathroom humongous although probably could have been put to better use and the bed was so large you could probably fit about 10 people in it!!! The pool is a great size too for a private pool. I had expected it to be much smaller but you could swim in it easily and we spent a lot of time in it given the weather was so hot!!

Breakfast is delivered each morning to the villa, you simply choose what you want the night before, what time you want it delivered and whether you want a wake up call before hand. After a 10 night stay it does become a bit tedious but it does wherever you are and they did try and vary it as much as possible!

The villa is located away from the main streets but this did not cause us any issues. We used the shuttle to get to main areas if we wanted, we arranged trips to come and collect us and taxis were no issue at all. Taxi's from Seminyak were about $2-$3 and from further away Kuta maybe around $5 so pennies really. This villa is a place for relaxing and chilling out not partying and it's location is perfect for this.

Even in the main areas it was not very busy so we spent a few nights in the villa drinking the duty free! One point to note is that the villa bar only serves beer, no spirits or wine which was a bit of a hindrence if you hadn't stocked up on arrival! Fortunately we had plenty!

All of the staff we spoke to were so nice, friendly and helpful in particular Maddie and Yan.

At the end of the 10 night say we were sad to leave but had intended on staying at a more resorty type hotel for the last few nights. The other hotel turned out to be an absolute hell hole - Grand Kuta - see my other review on this and we spent around 34 hours lookig for other hotels to stay in.

In the end we all decided that we couldnt' beat the luzury of the Man and Woman Villa and decided to go back for the remainder of the trp as we knew it would be a good ending to a brilliant holiday.

There are a couple of tiny things which culd be improved by the villa which we mentioned to them when we left but they were so minor it's not worth mentioning and I am certain that those issues will be addresses as the staff cared so much about the reputation of this place.

We have stayed in many 5 star hotels around the world and this lives up to most of them. If you want a mega relaxing time in luxury then this is the place for you!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mrshoeson
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

I read the previous posters reviews 2 days before I was due to arrive at the villa so I was a bit worried about it on arrival. As other posters have mentioned, the road to the villa hasn't been paved yet but we didn't find this to be a big deal. We walked to the villa a couple of times late at night and had no problems at all. In fact, it was raining the one night and a chap living next to our villa stopped and offered us a lift. Everyone in the area is very friendly as are most Balinese people anyway, and there is a local school on the way to the villa. Everyone we met was very friendly and helpful. Not something that people need to worry about.

Regarding taxis to the villa. Again we never had a problem. All you need to do is remember 'Jalan Bidadari'. Jalan means street and Bidadari is the street name. All the taxi drivers we engaged with spoke excellent English and were very helpful. By the way, some taxi drivers will try it on so from the centre of Seminyak to the villa it was around 12000 RHP (just over a dollar). We usually gave the driver 20,000 including a tip and they were very happy about that. When looking for a taxi it is best to use the blue bird service (theres a picture of a bluebird on top of the car) and they always use the meter without question.

When leaving the villa, the resort were always more than happy to provide the shuttle service with in a reasonable distance. i.e. Legian, Kuta, and Seminyak.

The villa itself was great in my opinion and very good value for money. Nowhere is perfect and Bali itself seems to have turned into a money machine. However, this villa gave good quality service, friendly staff and the location was very peaceful and relaxing. We stayed for 10 days, left for another hotel that was booked previously, and actually came back for the last 4 days of our trip as the Grand Aston Kuta that we went to was a pigsty. We were very happy to be back in the villa and the staff were very welcoming.

The rooms were huge, top of the range flatscreen, dvd, and surround sound in the living room for those quiet nights in and a minibar that had a very reasonable price list. We took a few cheeky bottles of spirits with us and set up our own cocktail factory on the bar. Cocktails by the pool before heading out for the evening.

The bed was huge and really comfortable. My wife is now urging me to buy one of similar size. I don't think I have ever slept so well on a holiday in a strange bed. Two big thumbs up there.

The bathroom was huge and perhaps too big but had all the amenities that you need (shower, toilet, Bdae (spelling?), large bath tub, vanity set, sinks etc). I think after looking at the photos of the previous poster and others saying the bathroom wasn't cleaned properly, that this wasn't the case. What's happening is simply a sheen is being created when the water dries off quickly due to the heat on the tiles and on the sinks. The staff came in and cleaned everyday and were very thorough.

The pool was fantastic although a little chilly on cloudy days but once you are in you are in and I didn't let it bother me. 1.2 meters deep, nice for a little excercise in the morning and sitting with a beer or cocktail in the afternoon. We were in there morning, noon, and night to be honest.

Breakfast was served everyday on the dot as set the previous evening. The general choice was eggs (various styles), bacon, toast and sausage. Choice of tea or coffee, plus choice of juice, plus plate of fruit, and fresh croissants. Was very ample. I think it would of been nice to have the option of Nasi Goreng too though as it is the local dish and after staying for two weeks I have bacon coming out of my ears. That being said, the breakfast was cooked well and I rarely felt the need for lunch afterwards.

Finally, the staff. We were very impressed by the staff. Very friendly, yet professional. Easy to talk to and get advice about different activities, places and events. They really looked after us and we were very happy with them.

I can honestly say that if there were problems before then the management there have been listening and made some changes.

Good job Man/Woman Villa we will be back!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donaldsaki
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2011

i wanted a private pool villa and this looked decent for the price for over xmas period at abt 120usd/nite. Not as pretty as it looked on the website.. recption area is old, the main pool is filthy - no one used it while i was there.

Villa is big but very empty and not exactly well furnished.. beds alrite but loads of mosquitoes. Mini bar facilities in the villa adequate but nothing luxurious.

Breakfast average and they come very on time.

Pool is cold and gets no sun past noon. Deck chairs are old and of such a rigid design it doesnt allow u to lie on ur tummy comfortably. Would have prefer a plain flat bed type.

Location is great - very near to seminyak where action and food is. Their car service is a nice touch and most taxi drivers can locate this villa easily. Staff are friendly and service is generally good.

overall nothing really special and i wouldnt head back to M&W again. Plenty of other options in Bali really.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

After reading the below review I feel compelled to write my own. I feel that if I had read the below when checking trip advisor before travelling I would have cancelled my booking immediately! Please read my review before you make your decision.

We negotiated a price of around $230/night during Peak Season (Christmas Day to New Years Day). For a one bedroom villa in Seminyak, this is at the bottom end of the scale for a modern, CLOSED IN (not completely but almost) villa like this. When doing my research I found most other villas in this price bracket were wide open plan villas (ie no walls outside of the bedroom), which I wasn't willing to settle for in Bali's rainy season. This was the right choice as it rained at least in part on every day of our trip.

I'll touch on all of the aspects:

Booking Process: Dealt with 'Yenni' who was great. She kindly endured all of my questions and requests of which there was many! She also negotiated a hire car for us at a local rate, and organised a driver for us. (Hire car was 180 000/per day, driver was 150 000/for an eight hour day)

Check-in: Fantastic. We arrived at 5am Christmas Day and although we had not paid for the night before were checked straight in. Also were provided with breakfast in our villa when we woke up a few hours later which I was not expecting having not paid for the previous night. The complex must have increased staff since some of the other below reviews as we had two staff collect us from the airport, someone else check us in and house-keeping to take our bags to the room and also give us a tour of the villa.

Villa: I have attached photos of our villa which was beautiful. We were in Villa C which is one of the front villas. The lounge room, bedroom and bathroom were all massive and air con was ice cold. The outdoor setting had faded in the sun (bright red canvas probably not the best choice of covering for an outdoor setting in the tropics), but we didn't use them so it didn't really bother me. The pool was a great size and the layout of the villa was beautiful. Half of the pool is actually semi-indoors and ends at french doors at the foot of the gigantic bed. (The impression I got from the website was that there was no door between the bed and the pool which I was a little worried about!)

The kitchen is really just a bar, with a sink, a kettle and a mini-bar. Didn't bother us as we had no plans to cook during our trip.

In no way did the cleanliness of our villa resemble the photos below and we would of been walking straight back out if it did! The only thing I can think of for the massive variation when it seems as though our trips actually overlapped, was perhaps if their booking was lost the villa they were placed in was not meant to have guests and therefore had not been cleaned for a while? (This is still not acceptable).

Location: The villa is, as detailed by others, at the end of an unsealed road which is apparently because other villas are currently being constructed along side it. When we first arrived from the airport our hearts sunk as were bounced down this track expecting to be dropped off at a shante! However, the villas are just off sunset road, two minutes from the main strips in Seminyak. As I mentioned we had organised a driver for the entire trip and I would recommend this to others. It was no problem getting a taxi home however getting taxis to come to the villa to collect us was a problem. Not sure if this would be a problem outside of peak season, but for $15 aussie a day having a driver was a great convenience.

Room Service/Staff: Around half the staff spoke very good English, the other half did not. I think these were mainly the house keeping staff rather than front of house however late at night and sometimes early in the morning the staff we encountered a communication problem with the staff on duty. Having said this, all staff were very friendly and polite. They have obviously been told they are not to enter villas under any circumstance without permission, this became quite annoying however as we actually had to physically leave our villa in the rain to open the door for them for the first few days as they didn't understand "Come in" or "OK" and so stood outside in the rain until we opened the door.

Once again, I just want to reiterate our villa was clean and couldn't be further from the unfortunate experience of the reviewer below. When we checked in it was pristine and was cleaned to a high standard every day. One day we were in our pool when house-keeping came in the morning and a team of two staff spent over an hour cleaning and replenishing the room. The room was also turned down every night.

Overall, I think the reviewers below have got it right. The villa itself was beautiful however there were details here and there which were missing. I have stayed in other villas in Seminyak which were levels above and beyond this place, however they also had a higher price tag to accompany them. If you want a great looking villa in a location close to all the restaurants and bars in Seminyak and are willing to spend a bit of extra time communication your needs and directing staff, this is a really affordable way of getting it.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kel0402
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2011

See pictures from our stay here:

We are extremely unhappy with the quality provided by Man and Woman Villas and Spa Resort. The pictures on the hotels.com advert were extremely misleading and the resort is far from 4 star quality, with a pricetag of around £100 per night. The room was very dirty, many parts of which look as though they had not been cleaned for several months (please see pictures in photobucket link above). The bathroom was very dirty, as the pictures clearly show. In addition, the pillowcases were not changed daily. A bloodstain was also found on one of the pillowcases - please see the photobucket album for a picture of this.

There was no choice of breakfast for vegetarians (see picture of menu). On the first day we recieved fruit, eggs and cartonned juice. After complaining to the manager, on the second day we recieved toast in addition. After putting in a further complaint, we were given packet noodles as an alternative for breakfast. On the last 2 days of our stay we opted out of breakfast (even though we had paid for it) and bought our own from the local supermarket.

On the third day we left the resort after having breakfast. Shortly after leaving, I returned to the room to collect my mobile which I had forgotton, to find two of the staff members sitting and eating our left over breakfast.

On arrival the staff at the desk had no idea where our booking was. They told us they couldnt find it on their system...Took them 15-20 mins to sort this out on arrival

These are the major complaints. There were a multitude of smaller problems that we could have overlooked was it not for the main problems outlined. For instance, the driveway to the resort was unfinished/unpaved, and there were several building sites next to the resort. (see the pictures in the photobucket album for a view of the resort's driveway). Deck chairs were worn out, and the grass area in the villa badly kept

To summarise, this resort is very low quality and we were extremely disappointed, especially after having paid £104.97 per night

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank dr_shabzzz
GM-AmorBali, General Manager at Amor Bali Villa, responded to this review, 30 May 2011
Dear Valued Reviewer,

Warmest greetings from Amor bali Villa.
Thank you very much for taking time to sharing your thoughts of your experience to stay with us.

Man & Woman Villas, is rebranding as Amor Bali Villa & Spa since May 2011, with the new owner and a new team of management, we believe we can provide a most luxuxry accommodation on the price ring.
This is the new face of Amor Bali Villa.

Once again thank you very much for your review, we are happy of these and will make our service better and better.
Have a nice day...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
Kumala Hotel
#51 of 137 in Sanur
Kanishka Villas
Kanishka Villas
#43 of 412 in Seminyak

Been to Amor Bali Villa? Share your experiences!