We stayed at the villa for 3 nights and first impressions were great! The bed was one of the biggest we'd ever seen and the pool was huge and much bigger than expected, the bed also had a lovely sheath covering making it feel like a canopy (though in reality it probably serves a purpose in keeping out the insects!).
Some little things:
- the sinks were not properly cleaned when we arrived and appeared stained
- Ants ants ants: if breakfast was left on the table for longer than a few minutes, ants would come up and nibble at your food before you!
- car service could do with some refinement - we booked a car to take us to the airport on our last day and yet when we got to the villa from a day out, they had no cars available and then had to call a taxi for us. Prepaid by the villa which was a nice touch.
- the villa is situated in a very rural area, on unpaved road, where it was difficult for most taxi drivers to find us. It made the journey feel somewhat unsafe. Would definitely not walk there alone.
- very garish lighting in the bathroom - the bluish light in the bathroom reminded me of something out of 'The Ring'. Needless to say, I switched it off everyday (and housekeeping switched it back on everyday!).
- We were in Villa A which was right at the front of the resort, it was a bit scary as I kept feeling paranoid that someone could scale the wall and rob our villa!
- The kitchen bar was very very high, not sure why it was built this way but I had to stand on tip toes to use the sink!
The good things:
- breakfast was ample and quite good, with fresh juice, fruit and a selection of breads, served in your villa, so that was an extra nice touch.
- Bed is huuuuuge!!
- Pool is lovely and huge
- Great canopy bed outdoors but again had ants
Overall, there were plenty of staff but feel that they could be more professional and give more attention to detail. The management should invest in more training and oversee the day-to-day tasks, perhaps the staff should visit some well established hotels and chains and copy their standards.
This is our first trip to Bali and probably wouldn't stay here again, the rural location with the unpaved roads felt a bit TOO unsafe for my liking even though the villa itself was quite lovely. We probably would choose a location closer to the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amor Bali Villas & Spa ideally located in secluded area of Seminyak, which is known with the luxury lifestyle and up market, product target, such as luxury villas, famous restaurants, boutiques, and night life spots.Entering the villa complex, the cozy atmosphere and warmth of the ambience can be feeling from the designs of the villa and features ponds which located in the front of the lobby area.By the hospitality 7 days of 24 hours from our services will be welcoming you and provide all the information about Bali and beyond. The modern concept is also brought to the each of 14 villas with modern element of interiors and design in every detail, and it’s available in super king size bed. featuring a private swimming pool, living room, Tea and Coffee making facilities, and spacious bathroom with separate rain shower and bathtub, bio air conditioning, wardrobe, Home theater with 42” LCD TV, and simple luxury of bed’s design will make the guest who comes for leisure or honeymoon can feels like in their own home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Amor Bali Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amor Bali Villa Hotel Seminyak
- Amor Bali Villa Seminyak