We stayed at Astana Kunti for 4 nights last week. Upon arrival at DPS we were met by the hotel representative and chauffeured to the apartment in a nice comfortable vehicle. Astana Kunti is located at the end of a rather un-paved road, round the corner from the Kozy Villas and Murano Spa. Some taxi drivers may be unfamiliar so citing these 2 locations may assist.
The good stuff:
- The apartments were secluded, and had no road/traffic noise.
- Doesnt look too fancy from the outside but was neat and tidy.
- We were on a budget so we took the wotif US$67 deal with $5 bonus off. Room was on the second floor, neat and tidy. Sufficiently large to include a filton in front of the sofa.
- Pool was clean and was situated in between the 2 apartment blocks.
- Staff service was friendly and attentive. Requests were attended to within 5 mins, which was a delightful change from some 5* hotels.
Bits that could be improved:
- The air conditioning seemed to be insufficiently powered to cool the room. Also, a panel was missing so it dripped onto the filton below.
- Privacy was almost non-existent. Half of the shower room wall were vents, as such if you speak above a whisper in the shower, the other apartments or folks in the pool could eavesdrop. The walls between rooms were also thin, you could hear the TV in the next room easily.
- Room was advertised on wotif as having a "bath", but did not come with a bathtub. Little disappointing.
- Hangars provided upon request.
- The room key was used to activate the electricity in the room. If you went out with the key, be prepared to return to a stuffy room, which may take an hour or so to cool down.
- Internet wifi was chargeable. Should be provided FOC like the cafes do.
Overall, its a nice hotel with it little flaws that could be overcome. For its price, its value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located down a remote passageway in the sophisticated Seminyak, the upscale and classy part of Bali, partly surrounded by rice paddy field beyond the banana cluster and designed with modern minimalist style and assembled around community pool and tropical landscaped garden of scattered Frangipani trees. Astana Kunti Suite Apartment & Villa is a fine-composition of 28 suite apartment and 19 villas that securely located in Seminyak area; where the essence of cosmopolitan style in the full swing! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, HostelWorld, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Astana Kunti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astana Kunti Hotel Seminyak
- Astana Kunti Bali/Seminyak