“A wonderful, relaxing stay”

Review of Villa Aliya Bali

Master bedroom 1 - King bed
Intimate dinner by the Pool
Lunch by the pool
Sweet rambutan
Your special day at the villa
Tropical fruits
Breakfast for 3
Balinese offering - craft for kids
Balinese dancers
Stairway
Outdoor dining
Celebratory dinner
Balinese orchestra
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Kiama_11
Sydney, Australia
“A wonderful, relaxing stay”
Reviewed 17 December 2011 for a stay in December 2011

I recently stayed at Villa Aliya with my husband, teenage daughter and two of her friends.
From the moment we were greeted at the front entrance we knew this was going to be a lovely place to stay. The staff are wonderful and the villa is so beautiful. We were within walking distance to the beach, day spas, shops and restaurants. Breakfasts every morning were delicious. I highly recommend staying at Villa Aliya for a truly special holiday.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The outdoor shower
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Kuwait
Reviewed 16 November 2011 for a stay in November 2011

Australia
Reviewed 4 October 2011 for a stay in September 2011

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 18-24
serialhol...
Melbourne, Australia
“Absolutely Stunning - WOW!”
Reviewed 26 September 2011 for a stay in September 2011

We had a divine five nights at Villa Aliya in September. It was our first trip to Bali and after 10 nights in a resort in Sth Kuta, we were looking forward to some luxury at the end of our holiday.

Let me start by saying that the Villa itself is gorgeous! Everything has been thought of, and you will want for nothing. The staff (Manik and boys) could not do enough for us, including one of the boys going to buy my young boys a soccer ball!!!!! The staff would partake in our afternoon game of soccer on the large lawn out the back.

We didn't really eat meals at the Villa, choosing instead to wander into Seminyak to try the various restaurants. You MUST eat at Rumours in Seminyak - great value and loads of fun! We did eat dinner at the Villa on one occasion and it was nice. The breakfasts were lovely and included everything you could want.

Having now holidayed at both a large resort and the Villa (we in fact paid more for five nights at the Villa than we did for 10 nights at the resort), I don't think I would holiday at the Villa again. Despite its luxury, it was a little "quiet" for our family. I think it would be more suited to honeymooners.

There is only one downside to this Villa - the wild cats! I appreciate that the Villa is entirely open air, and that the staff can't stop the cats getting in, but both my son and I are allergic to cats and it was not pleasant. Unfortunately the cats had kittens at the time of our stay, and the kittens howled all night, making it difficult to sleep. It was also a hassle to keep ensuring that the children had closed all doors during the days so the cats didn't wander into their rooms. I must say though the staff did everything possible to try and keep the cats away, but there were clearly too many to deal with! I feel that if you are paying top dollar for a holiday rental, you should not have to put up with wild cats!

All in all our stay the Villa was lovely and the staff should be commended on their professionalism and hospitality.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The property and staff
Liked least: The wild cats
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Australia
Reviewed 26 September 2011 for a stay in September 2011

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-44
melbourne
Reviewed 11 September 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 25-34
Sydney
Reviewed 30 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Value Cleanliness
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing