“Great service”

The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #28 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We didn't stay here but we attended a wedding at this hotel and I wanted to write a review after we received excellent service. We came in a taxi and after we had got out and started walking up to the lobby I realised I had left our SLR camera in the taxi!! I was mortified and ran down to the road, but the taxi had gone. I was beside myself, sure we would never see the camera again. The security staff had luckily written down the taxi number (WOW - I couldn't believe this) and so one of the staff reassured me not to worry and phoned the taxi company (Bluebird). He sent me into the hotel where the other wedding guests were and assured me he would deal with it. Within 5 minutes the staff member (I wish I could remember his name) walked over to me with my camera in his hand! I was so happy I went to hug him which he was most awkward about :) The rest of the service we received at the wedding was also excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 June 2012

I read the reviews on trip advisor and thought we would give this hotel a try. As I have read I found the location brilliant. The photo of the infinity pool on the beach is exactly as you see it and there is a lot of restaurants literally 5 minutes walk away although it does get hard to tear yourself away from the sun loungers around the pool. We found all the staff members friendly and smiling. Someone on one of these reviews complained about the level of English. Most staff speak good English especially on the front desk and some staff are not as proficient but if they have a problem understanding they will get someone who does, you are after all in a Indonesian speaking country. The rooms are contemporary and comfortable and we were upgraded to a suite on the 3rd floor, the bathroom was huge with a spa bath in front of the windows looking out across the sea. On arriving in the room I immediately walked onto the balcony and said to my husband " it would be great to watch the sunset here with a glass of wine", the porter heard me and within 5 minutes had returned with two comfy chairs and a table for the balcony.
One of the areas for improvement is the food. It's not terrible, its just not great and with so many places to eat so close to the hotel they will need to improve on this. The dining/bar area overlooking the ocean is just gorgeous at night, crashing waves and mood lighting in the trees, but I can't rave about the food. One other thing that bothered me was the gym, really tiny and only one treadmill. I like to workout in the morning on holidays so I can eat/drink my calories but if there is one person in the gym you would have to wait for the treadmill which is one of the most popular pieces of equipment.
Yes, I would stay here again (only the beach wing, as I don't want to stay across the road in the garden wing) as the staff and location make this hotel a good choice and I really believe they take the feedback of thier customers seriously and are doing what they can to enhance the experience.

Room Tip: Ku De Ta a restaurant/club is next to the hotel. If you are there on a Saturday and are a light slee...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank trekker065
Reviewed 20 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Seminyak Beach Resort and Spa on May 21 - 23. We found the staff to be very hospitable, and our room was very big and luxurious. The bathroom was one of the best I have ever stayed in. The buffet breakfast was fantastic and would suit all tastebuds as there was so much to choose from. Everything was so clean and the gardens werre beautiful.
The location of the hotel was perfect, my husband and I walked everywhere (there is also a free shuttle bus). We look forward to returning soon.

2  Thank Adelaide66
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This was my first trip to Bali & I can say that staying at The Seminyak was just divine. the Suite on the 3rd floor was lovely & spacious. The bed was heavenly & having a rain shower with the view of the ocean very relaxing. The people who made up the rooms daily made my daughters day by making towel animals & leaving her little surprises. The staff were attentive & very helpful with anything asked, nothing was too much. The grounds & pool area were stunning & the infinity pool was a great place to laze the day away. Not too far from Seminyak Square & the little market. The only two little things I noted was there wasn't too much shade for the kids and sometimes it was hard to find staff around the pool area when wanting to order something. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My wife and I relocated to this hotel in May 2012 when we were unhappy with the place we had booked from Aus. About 12 months old so in excellent condition. We had a hotel room rather than a spa villa but walked out onto the pool with the beach just beyond. Staff fantastic without exception. The infinity pool overlooking the ocean is brilliant, so close in fact that at high tide some splashing into the pool occurs. The hotel is within easy walking distance to the Eat Street restaurants and the complimentary shuttle bus takes you to any other places in Seminyak. Food around the pool was good so it was a surprise that the restaurant was very queit at night. Maybe too much happening outside.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

After researching on so many different hotels and finding that 5 star hotels in Seminyak are just as expensive as staying in a capital city in western countries, The Seminyak was offering a great rate for it's new premises.
The staff were attentive, coffee in any style you like with your breakfast, the pool was clean, pool bar even allowed you to design your own cocktails, the room was made every day with a new towel design and the sunset was beautiful.
The only improvement I would suggest are the standard of breakfast (the head chef needs to go tastes how the other top 5 star restaurants' breakfast taste like) but it's still filling to keep you energised for the day.

Room Tip: Treat yourself a little bit extra for the room on the beachside.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PierrePrecieuse
Reviewed 22 May 2012

At first I was a little worry about my choice booking The Seminyak Resort for my Holiday with my wife, my first choice was Anantara Resort or W Hotel. But due to the reasonably cheaper rate i go for The Seminyak.
Then it turned out to be our best resort experience @ The Seminyak Beach Resort.
When we first arrived we were welcomed and greeted with frangipani flower garland, cold towel and cold fruit punch. The check in process was smooth and quick. Everybody at the lobby were really polite and friendly.
The Beach Wing room was fabulous.. It was a newly refurbished room with new furnishings and 42' LCD TV and also JBL iPod docking. The bathroom also super nice with stand alone bath tub, separate shower and toilet space with its own glass door. There's a huge see through glass that separate bathroom and the bedroom which has a blinds to get more privacy.
The house keeping make up our room twice daily, where they put in new fresh towels, mineral water and also mosquito coils for the balcony even though there's no mosquito there anyway. they supply 6 bottles of mineral waters everyday!! so we dont have to buy extra water outside.
The hotel ground is not as big as 5 star resort at Nusa Dua, but it has a really beautiful landscape and has a couple bale for spa treatment or just relaxing in it. There's also a chapel and nice pond
The infinity pool also amazing, with direct view to the seminyak beach.
Every morning we always walk along the beach side for about 2-3 Km after having fabulous breakfast. we can see big beach side resorts, kudeta and others because there are no guardrail/fences between the hotels private beach.

All in all it was an excellent stay, even when we went to the next 5 star resort @Ubud we had a bit disappointment because our expectation already set to The Seminyak Resort standard.. :)

Will definitely come back and recommend this resort

Room Tip: Go for the beach wing, cause garden wing is across the busy road
1  Thank AVDRamschie