The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
  • Pool
The Legian Bali(Seminyak)
The Oberoi Bali(Seminyak)
2,225 results
All reviewsinfinity poolgarden wingthe main hotelseminyak beachocean viewour honeymoonswim up baramazing hotelan upgradepotato headmain poolwatch the sunsetbuffet breakfastturn down servicerestaurants and shopsbalikudeta
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Situated on Seminyak Beach, new, friendly and eager to please. Can't wait to return. This time with our children ranging from 10 to 17. Rooms had everything you could want. LOVED the free wifi poolside and in your room - everywhere! Walking distance to great restaurants. No bogans around here. It is high end Bali. Highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Definitely worth paying a little extra for an ocean view. The Garden view rooms are across the road and a separate building to the main part of the hotel.
2  Thank richmich3
Reviewed 27 June 2012

A friend and I needed a desperate break from the kids, and decided to go to The Seminyak Beach Resort and Spa. We were thrilled with our choice.

From the moment we arrived, the staff were helpful and courteous. We had requested a twin share room but had been allocated a King size bed. This was rectified within 15 minutes while we had a drink at the bar.

The room itself was spacious, clean and modern. The beds were generous and comfortable. The turn down service was a pleasant surprise.

We spent our days lounging by the pools in the cabanas and heading out for massages. Most of the time we had the pool (the one with the pool bar) to ourselves. We realised most people were cramming around the gorgeous infinity edge pool, but that was in full sun, whereas we enjoyed the peace and shade of the lagoon pool.

We ate our dinner sitting in the pool a couple of nights, and the staff were happy to pour the french champagne we had bought duty free for the price of a small corkage. Unlike other hotels, we were able to stay in the pool until quite late at night - and were surprised that we were the only ones in there.

The breakfast was really lovely. A good variety on the buffet as well as ala carte choices. We normally didn't eat lunch because we were so full of breakfast. We had dinner in the hotel a few times, a couple of times from the bar menu whilst we were in the water, and once at the restaurant. The food was good - not amazing, but good. It would have been nice to see more traditional Balinese dishes available.

We were here to relax so we didn't go out much, but we did wander a few hundred metres down the beach to Ku De Ta once and have a drink. Given that we could see the sunset from our own pool, we decided it wasn't necessary to go again. The hotel is close to all the restaurants everyone told us about, but we were too lazy to go.

The holiday finished with a lovely positive note as I had an evening flight, and the staff were happily able to let me have my room with no charge until 5pm. This meant I was able to swim, snooze and relax for once last day.

I would definitely return here when on my next childfree holiday. Probably not the best place to bring kids. There were a few around, but it didn't really have the facilities for them as other hotels do.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lynnie_the_traveller
Reviewed 27 June 2012

The service at The Seminyak was the best I have ever experienced in my travels through Bali and beyond. The team were delightful and nothing was too much. They surprised me with a birthday cake - they noticed my birth date on my passport when we checked in - exceptional attention to detail! To add to our great stay, breakfast was delicious and fresh, the hotel facilities were immaculate (especially the pool) and the Bintang cold. What more could you want? Will definitley be back.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We didn't stay here but we attended a wedding at this hotel and I wanted to write a review after we received excellent service. We came in a taxi and after we had got out and started walking up to the lobby I realised I had left our SLR camera in the taxi!! I was mortified and ran down to the road, but the taxi had gone. I was beside myself, sure we would never see the camera again. The security staff had luckily written down the taxi number (WOW - I couldn't believe this) and so one of the staff reassured me not to worry and phoned the taxi company (Bluebird). He sent me into the hotel where the other wedding guests were and assured me he would deal with it. Within 5 minutes the staff member (I wish I could remember his name) walked over to me with my camera in his hand! I was so happy I went to hug him which he was most awkward about :) The rest of the service we received at the wedding was also excellent.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

I read the reviews on trip advisor and thought we would give this hotel a try. As I have read I found the location brilliant. The photo of the infinity pool on the beach is exactly as you see it and there is a lot of restaurants literally 5 minutes walk away although it does get hard to tear yourself away from the sun loungers around the pool. We found all the staff members friendly and smiling. Someone on one of these reviews complained about the level of English. Most staff speak good English especially on the front desk and some staff are not as proficient but if they have a problem understanding they will get someone who does, you are after all in a Indonesian speaking country. The rooms are contemporary and comfortable and we were upgraded to a suite on the 3rd floor, the bathroom was huge with a spa bath in front of the windows looking out across the sea. On arriving in the room I immediately walked onto the balcony and said to my husband " it would be great to watch the sunset here with a glass of wine", the porter heard me and within 5 minutes had returned with two comfy chairs and a table for the balcony.
One of the areas for improvement is the food. It's not terrible, its just not great and with so many places to eat so close to the hotel they will need to improve on this. The dining/bar area overlooking the ocean is just gorgeous at night, crashing waves and mood lighting in the trees, but I can't rave about the food. One other thing that bothered me was the gym, really tiny and only one treadmill. I like to workout in the morning on holidays so I can eat/drink my calories but if there is one person in the gym you would have to wait for the treadmill which is one of the most popular pieces of equipment.
Yes, I would stay here again (only the beach wing, as I don't want to stay across the road in the garden wing) as the staff and location make this hotel a good choice and I really believe they take the feedback of thier customers seriously and are doing what they can to enhance the experience.

Room Tip: Ku De Ta a restaurant/club is next to the hotel. If you are there on a Saturday and are a light sleeper ask for a room away from that side of the hotel otherwise you will hear booming bass music till 3am.
3  Thank trekker065