“Very Relaxing”

Ranked #26 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Melbourne, Australia
“Very Relaxing”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Loved our stay, new, clean, happy staff and very relaxing. Resort was luxurious, loved the endless pool that extended to the beach view. Will be back, might try a villa next time.

Room Tip: Ocean view room was nice, can hear the waves!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank anjgray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed around New Year’s, one night in a 1 bedroom villa and other nights in a standard (1 King) room. The property is lovely; the staff professional and courteous. The oceanfront villa was stunning. The standard room was very nice. The food was fine. The fitness center, sadly, was a bit lacking; it was far too small for such a large property. All that said, if you’re looking for a comfortable resort experience, this is a great choice. It felt, to me, however, a bit too much like I could have been on a resort anywhere in the world. I’d stay again if I just wanted posh pool time and the like; I’d probably choose something else (and probably in a different town than Seminyak) if I wanted to experience more Balinese culture.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Seminyak for a week and couldn't have been happier. The room was magnificent and the hotel itself was beautiful with a very luxurious feel. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The staff in particular were very helpful, polite and attentive. They catered to any and all requests we had including booking restaurants, spa treatments, transport etc. The breakfast buffet each morning was delicious and we had room service one day which was yum! Our only disappointment was that it lacked a bit of atmosphere in the evenings and also around the pool bar. This was not a major problem of course. Overall we had a wonderful stay and would happily recommend it.

2 Thank GDGN13
Melbourne
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Situated on Seminyak Beach, new, friendly and eager to please. Can't wait to return. This time with our children ranging from 10 to 17. Rooms had everything you could want. LOVED the free wifi poolside and in your room - everywhere! Walking distance to great restaurants. No bogans around here. It is high end Bali. Highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Definitely worth paying a little extra for an ocean view. The Garden view rooms are across the road...
2 Thank richmich3
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2012

A friend and I needed a desperate break from the kids, and decided to go to The Seminyak Beach Resort and Spa. We were thrilled with our choice.

From the moment we arrived, the staff were helpful and courteous. We had requested a twin share room but had been allocated a King size bed. This was rectified within 15 minutes while we had a drink at the bar.

The room itself was spacious, clean and modern. The beds were generous and comfortable. The turn down service was a pleasant surprise.

We spent our days lounging by the pools in the cabanas and heading out for massages. Most of the time we had the pool (the one with the pool bar) to ourselves. We realised most people were cramming around the gorgeous infinity edge pool, but that was in full sun, whereas we enjoyed the peace and shade of the lagoon pool.

We ate our dinner sitting in the pool a couple of nights, and the staff were happy to pour the french champagne we had bought duty free for the price of a small corkage. Unlike other hotels, we were able to stay in the pool until quite late at night - and were surprised that we were the only ones in there.

The breakfast was really lovely. A good variety on the buffet as well as ala carte choices. We normally didn't eat lunch because we were so full of breakfast. We had dinner in the hotel a few times, a couple of times from the bar menu whilst we were in the water, and once at the restaurant. The food was good - not amazing, but good. It would have been nice to see more traditional Balinese dishes available.

We were here to relax so we didn't go out much, but we did wander a few hundred metres down the beach to Ku De Ta once and have a drink. Given that we could see the sunset from our own pool, we decided it wasn't necessary to go again. The hotel is close to all the restaurants everyone told us about, but we were too lazy to go.

The holiday finished with a lovely positive note as I had an evening flight, and the staff were happily able to let me have my room with no charge until 5pm. This meant I was able to swim, snooze and relax for once last day.

I would definitely return here when on my next childfree holiday. Probably not the best place to bring kids. There were a few around, but it didn't really have the facilities for them as other hotels do.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lynnie_the_traveller
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2012

The service at The Seminyak was the best I have ever experienced in my travels through Bali and beyond. The team were delightful and nothing was too much. They surprised me with a birthday cake - they noticed my birth date on my passport when we checked in - exceptional attention to detail! To add to our great stay, breakfast was delicious and fresh, the hotel facilities were immaculate (especially the pool) and the Bintang cold. What more could you want? Will definitley be back.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We didn't stay here but we attended a wedding at this hotel and I wanted to write a review after we received excellent service. We came in a taxi and after we had got out and started walking up to the lobby I realised I had left our SLR camera in the taxi!! I was mortified and ran down to the road, but the taxi had gone. I was beside myself, sure we would never see the camera again. The security staff had luckily written down the taxi number (WOW - I couldn't believe this) and so one of the staff reassured me not to worry and phoned the taxi company (Bluebird). He sent me into the hotel where the other wedding guests were and assured me he would deal with it. Within 5 minutes the staff member (I wish I could remember his name) walked over to me with my camera in his hand! I was so happy I went to hug him which he was most awkward about :) The rest of the service we received at the wedding was also excellent.