Overall, it was great. The room was modern, clean and stylish. A little worn in places (a light fitting hanging from a ceiling wasn't attractive). It has decent, if a little inconsistent, wi-fi access that was free. A comfy, huge bed. A great shower. Decent information on local interests in the area.
The resort was beautiful with its landscaping, restaurant (we had breakfast there everyday and lunch there occassionally), pools (even though there was some tile maintenance needed in one or two places) and decor. The gym, while small, was great. All new equipment, tv, free water and towels.
The staff were friendly, happy and always remembered your name and details once they heard it. Very nice. Helpful too! We had concerns with our transfer to the next place we were staying at but they were happy to call them let us know the results. Very kind and knowledgeable.
The location was great in some ways and bad in others. There are some AMAZING restaurants in the area - big, small, modern and traditional. You have a lot of choice! Shopping is good too. Better than other areas we went - not so much pushy saleperson... There is also a great convenience store just down the road.
But the beach, while beautiful, had hawkers pretty much from 9am to 7pm and later. Most of the time they are fine with a polite smile and a 'no thank you', but some are quite persistent. I'm not comfortable with this myself but if you are okay with this go for it. I did meet a nice guy who sold watches on the beach, Billy. I ended up buying a watch from him on our last day at the resort. Not because I liked the watch but because Billy had been a gentleman in his approach with us.
We walked every morning and most afternoons along the beach. In some areas it was quite dirty. Such a beautiful beach with rubbish on it in areas. However, the surf looked good (I stayed to the pool) and it was always busy in the afternoon/early evening as the sun went down. (Especially with the local boys playing a game of soccer on the beach.
The resort did offer free shuttle services to other areas and these journeys made be appreciate the resort and the Seminyak area even more.
I would definitely recommend this place to someone who hasn't been to Bali before. If you haven't travelled much or prefer a few comforts this place caters to you perfectly. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seminyak is stylish beachfront resort that represents a new era in Bali's evolving hospitality industry. The property is all about tropical sophistication with a choice of elegantly appointed guest rooms, suites and villas designed to accommodate the needs of today's savvy travelers. Set within a charming landscape that encompasses native greenery, lily ponds and traditional thatched pavilions.The Seminyak is a modern retreat with distinct Balinese touches that provides a welcome escape from the outside world. A signature brand of hospitality together with heartfelt service promises a truly unrivaled experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Seminyak Beach Resort And Spa
- The Seminyak Beach Hotel Seminyak
- The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa Bali