The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
  • Pool
The Legian Bali(Seminyak)
The Oberoi Bali(Seminyak)
2,224 results
All reviewsinfinity poolgarden wingthe main hotelseminyak beachocean viewour honeymoonswim up baramazing hotelan upgradepotato headmain poolwatch the sunsetbuffet breakfastturn down servicerestaurants and shopsbalikudeta
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I made a mistakes when booking. As I was in a rush and the choice on Expedia (at the time) was small I grabbed a Garden room - another error (when staying in a hotel for the first time, I make it a rule not to book suites etc before I see what the place is like). With a garden room, you are not in the The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa, no beach to be spotted and furthermore, you are not even in the main Hotel complex - not only are you down the road but you are also across the road.

However, I am pleased to state that the Hotel moved me from the ‘outpost’ (where the Garden rooms are) to the Hotel proper and were very gracious in doing so. Mr Dwi was very accommodating and professional as was his colleague whose name escapes me sorry, but the gentleman who arranged my transfer to Nusa Dua when I checked out.

Whilst the Hotel is nice it does lack a few of the ‘givens’ that one would expect from a Hotel that purports to be (and charges like) a 4 star or better. Firstly there is only one bar and that is the Pool bar. If you do not want to literally sit in the pool then you have no other option except go elsewhere. One bar in a hotel this size does not make sense. My suggestion would be to convert the little used (from what I saw) beachside “chapel” and make it functional. Convert it into a proper bar where guests can relax, have ‘sundowners’ perhaps and gaze over the beach in comfort rather that having to sit on poolside sun chairs or in the pool to have a drink (which if course one can if one wants). Plus the space can be used 7 days a week instead of only occasionally = revenue.

The staff are of course are very friendly and welcoming - always with a nice smile – as is the norm in Bali. The room are nicely appointed and functional (the garden room was nice to). One thing that should never happen in a Hotel of any class is run out of Tea, in this case English Breakfast (I now it is petty but still important). This happened one morning at breakfast and then I could not believe it when the same was said the following morning. There are supermarkets in Bali – go and buy some Tea!
To sum up, a pleasant stay once the management moved me from the ‘outpost’. The Hotel should seriously consider getting rid of the Garden Rooms – in my opinion it damages the ‘brand’.

Would I return? Possibly but NOT in a Garden room and I will bring my own tea this time, just in case :)

Room Tip: Do NOT book a Garden room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TravelEverwhere
TheSeminyak, The Management at The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Dear TravelEverwhere,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we appreciate your sharing the constructive feedback with us. We would like to extend my sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory experiences you had during your recent stay and assure you that we have duly taken your experiences on board.

In regards of The Room Garden Wing, we do mentioned in our website and continuously strive to re-strengthen about this information to all our partner regarding the room location.

Your valuable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the unrivaled experience and exceed your expectations for future visits.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality and looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

We arrived at this resort to find a beautiful entrance and large airy reception.
The staff were all helpful and polite. After a problem with the room we had booked being set a little further from the beach than we were told (me being pregnant) we inspected two other types of room and then settled with a front villa suite at an upgrade price.
The room was beautiful - and throughout our stay well cleaned with thoughtful touches left (towel art, sweets)
The bathroom - amazing! Huge shower, huge bath tub set in glass encased gardens ! Phone by the toilet ? Unnecessary but awesome !

The outdoor dining area was great - along with minibar and outdoor sink - came in handy when having family and friends over for evening drinks. This area led onto the amazing pool in our villa and the raised gazebo from which our view was over the main hotel infinity pool and the sea- amazing !

Housekeeping made sure to come by in the evenings and spray the rooms for bugs, light coils and turn down beds.

If we hadn't ordered our breakfast by 9ish the kitchen would call to ask us what we would like brought to us. Pancakes were the best ! Chefs were very accommodating.

I probably ordered ice to the room twice a day! Tipping is not mandatory but it hardly breaks the bank (20,000 is fair)

Main pool - infinity is the only way. Gorgeous views of the sunset. Sometimes the sea came so far in it deposited sand into the pool - crazy seeing the waves crashing in.Service by the main pool was great both for food and drink.

Small pool - quieter with a pool bar. More shaded with cabanas available at no extra charge.

Grounds kept immaculate - grass cut and gardening occurring everyday.

Just 2 negatives:

On returning to our room one night our main door was open but our beds had not been turned down- odd but security dealt with the matter quickly and nothing was amiss.

The bed is huge and comfy with fresh soft sheets, but for some reason it felt like it may have bugs as my legs were always itchy when trying to sleep.
The rooms near water may suffer this problem.

Water feature outside room a little noisy but on asking staff they were able to switch it off every night when they turned down the room.

Apart from this i have to say the attention to service is great. We had mentioned to the hotel on arrival that two family members would be coming to meet us and the staff instantly welcomed them and showed them to our room even sending a complimentry anniversary cake and an ice bucket full of drinks to our room!

The car service was happy to drop us locally anywhere - spa, restaurants, shopping. Staff were always happy and smiling. We always tipped the driver 20,000 each way.

I would only stay here again. Some of the reviews moan about the garden view rooms on the other side of the road - I never saw these and my review is based on staying in the main hotel. I would say if you are booking - stay in the main hotel - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank ph0enix81

Dear ph0enix81,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experiences during your recent stay with us.
We are happy to read that your overall impression of the Resort was very positive and that you enjoyed your time relaxing in your villa as well as our service.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Resort when your travels will bring you back to Bali and like to thank you again for having chosen to stay with us.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

We booked an ocean view room and got upgraded to the Ocean view villa which was amazing! We had our own private pool and alfresco, overlooking the ocean. The location of this hotel is perfect if you want to be on the beach. It's on a nice part of Seminyak beach, directly across from a small surf spot. You can hire surfboards next door. The infinity pool is gorgeous and directly overlooks the beach. Its a lovely walk along the beach to good restaurants/bars such as LaLucciola, KuDeTa.
The breakfast however isn't as good as the Padma Hotel or the Legian - in both quality and range of choice. The spa treatments are also not as good as other 5 star resorts in Bali - though the prices are as steep. I would say that this hotel is perfect in location, and the ocean view villa is superb, but other aspects of the hotel weren't as good as other places I've stayed.

2  Thank Sweetmangomania
TheSeminyak, The Management at The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Dear Sweetmangomania,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experiences at our Resort.
I am very delighted that you had a comfortable and enjoyable time with us. Our location is indeed in the heart of Seminyak and within walking distance to fancy restaurants and shops.

Your feedback regarding our breakfast and spa is well received. We strive to continue to improve our service and facilities, in order to deliver our service commitment to all of our guest.

Should your travel bring you back to Bali, we are looking forward to re-welcome you in our resort.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

My husband and I book the deluxe beach view room for this trip. Upon arrival, we are already treated to their uncompromising service. One of them is the checkin, they didn't keep us waiting but instead settled us down comfortably. As the room we booked was not ready, they move us into a suite room for the next few hours and to compensate for the inconvenience, they threw in a complimentary airport transfer for us. Not only that thy upgraded us to the suite room because by the time we came back for our original room which was still not ready by then.
Overall, I must say the service standards made my stay greater than great. Not forgetting the resort is wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
TheSeminyak, The Management at The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Dear JanOw,

We highly appreciate your stay and valuable comment.
It is our honor to provide such luxury facilities and thoughtful services and we are delighted to know that you had a impressive stay with us.Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and thanks to your positive comment that we are able to maintain on our service standard.
We have always been committed to continuously give our guest an unrivaled experience.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa for another unrivaled and indigenous experience.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

We are here right now and having a wonderful time. The staff are friendly and lovely.. Check in was efficient and well done after our 6 hour flight. welcome drinks, frangipanis and refreshing towels. The food has been great so far and our room Is spacious, clean and has all the mod cons. Quite air con, iPod dock, huge bath, rain water shower, comfy bed... Flat screen and an awesome view of the ocean from our front deck. Thanks to the staff already... for making our stay kick off in style :).

Room Tip: Spend the extra to get a beach wing room. And have some chicken satay by the pool.
1  Thank Rennieren

Dear Rennieren,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experiences at our Resort.
We are really thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and that you had such a wonderful time at our resort, while we are equally pleased that you enjoyed our services.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort soon.