This past April, my wife and I held our latest vacation in the South East Asia area of this beautiful planet. This trip involved several legs of various durations, starting in Bangkok, then Jakarta, a few days in Borneo and then finally Bali.
In Bali, we had a beach view villa (#1107) with private dive pool. Staff at the Seminyak are completely dedicated and courteous. Lay out of the villa is in good taste and reflective of the Balinese experience. My wife even mentioned that the bathroom was to die for ... :-) women ! The grounds are lush and well maintained. The pools are also maintained on a daily basis. The beach is wide and long, which allows for gentle walks throughout hours. The included breakfast buffet is above expectations, and both of us usually shy away and prefer ‘‘a la carte’’ meals. However, the Serminyak has made a believer out of us when it comes to buffet breakfasts. Meals on site are fresh, well prepared and in good taste.
A few points of concerns apart from the initial hiccups on our first day, starting with the airport pickup and subsequent room service. As indicated ‘‘a la carte meals’’ are well prepared and reasonably priced. On the other hand, ‘‘liquid charges’’ are astronomical and bordering on ‘‘abusive’’. As an example, for a lunch meal grilled fish of the day we both had, it was about 14$ per plate. However a bottle of water and 1 glass of wine each (nothing out of a special cellar) added to the final invoice which amounted above 75$. What is more perplexing is that the price of bottled water is about 12$ per unit, considering this is free in the villa… go figure. This is not an isolated incident either. On another occasion, we both ordered a martini which ended up costing 36$ in total, all things included.
Another issue of lesser importance, but yet when you are paying for a room (villa) at more than 1000$ per day you would expect a broader maintenance and upkeep schedule. To explain a bit more, for example, chair cushions and sunbathing mattress cover were very much used. Bathroom towels always appeared to be dirty, although we know that they were washed every day. The beautiful furniture is starting to decay (for example, bottom of the pedestals of the dining table). So basically on this front there is real improvement to be achieved.
This said, we still enjoyed the Seminyak Beach & Spa Resort experience … we hope that the operators of this site recognize the level of dedication of every member of the staff… they are a great group and everyone (gardeners, restaurant personel, to front desk, and so many more) were on top of their game !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seminyak is stylish beachfront resort that represents a new era in Bali's evolving hospitality industry. The property is all about tropical sophistication with a choice of elegantly appointed guest rooms, suites and villas designed to accommodate the needs of today's savvy travelers. Set within a charming landscape that encompasses native greenery, lily ponds and traditional thatched pavilions.The Seminyak is a modern retreat with distinct Balinese touches that provides a welcome escape from the outside world. A signature brand of hospitality together with heartfelt service promises a truly unrivaled experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Seminyak Beach Resort And Spa
- The Seminyak Beach Hotel Seminyak
- The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa Bali