Booking a last minute weekend away through Hotel Club, I came across The Bali Dreams which seemed to have good reviews for some villas and not for others! To clarify, there are TWO Bali Dreams: The Bali Dream Suite Villa which is 12, one bedroom suites (where we stayed) www.balidreamsuitevilla.com and then there is The Bali Dream Villa ww.balidreamvilla.com which is about a five minute drive away and consists of larger villas. My understanding is that Dream Suites is the newer of the two. The suites' driver picked us up from the airport (transfers were included in the price). It's not over-exaggerating to say that the road leading to the dream suite is quite rough and in a run-down area...but when you arrive at the villas the reception is welcoming and a nicely landscaped path leads to the villas (six on each side). The villas have one double bedroom (with TV and DVD), an outdoor sitting/eating area with TV and kitchen area, small plunge pool and enormous bathroom, with twin sinks and bath inside and an outdoor shower. On arrival we were offered a complementary welcome drink and a 15 minute massage each. The restaurant where breakfast/dinner is served is very small and not as nice as the villas - you can opt for both to be served at the villa if you prefer but I think most people would prefer to eat out. We did have the sweet couple dinner on the first night as it was late. Candles are placed around the pool and flower petals fill the water (although because we ordered too late there were no flowers - but they did offer a discount!!) The appetiser salad was nice but the main course steak was tough and the fruit salad dessert came served on lettuce - which was odd, whiule the experience could be recommended the food could not! We ate out at La Lucciola and Sardine while we were there which were both good (see reviews). Thoughtful touches at the Villas include a daily selection of fruit (including delicious local bananas,,snake fruit and mangosteen). Complementary afternoon tea, pre-dinner snacks and thorough spraying of mosquito spray for the villa/mosquito coil for the outside area to keep the bugs at bay were all touches that were appreciated. While we spent much of the first day lounging at the villa the second day we took a trip up to Ubud with the hotel driver (appx 398 IDR) which is a six hour trip and was good value for money, taking in the rice terraces and the Lotus Cafe, and stopping to see locals enjoying the holy water at a temple on the way.
The Villas are quiet (we didn't hear anyone in the neighbouring villas even though the place was full). There is complementary internet access but the signal is a bit hit and miss, anyone expecting to catch up with work emails may find it a bit frustrating. Generally the staff were very helpful (although all very young). The Villas also provide a complementary shuttle service by car to nearby areas - just be aware that if you book to go at a certain time you may end up via the Bali Dream Villa to pick up other guests... There is also a small pool which is open to all guests, but we were the only ones that we saw using it on our last day as we had to be out of the villa by 12 and our flight was not until evening. As the villas were fully booked we couldn't have a late check out but enjoyed an afternoon of spa treatments before our trip home. All in all a good weekend – a very Balinese experience which with a little bit of polish could be outstanding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in a secluded part of Seminyak, The Bali Dream Suite Villa welcomes you to a world of luxurious comfort and exclusive style Villa you have ever dreams of The luscious landscape and unmatched architecture is designed for unrivaled privacy. Featuring 12 units of One Bedroom Private Pool Villas, The Bali Dream Suite Villa is enriched with main swimming pool, restaurant, private lounge and completed with spa facilities that spoil you with the feeling of being in the most luxurious place in Seminyak. The villas themselves emit an intimate atmosphere with loads of characteristics. The decoration throughout the buildings is thought full and charming, a fusion of Balinese architecture and crafts with up-to date comfort. Each Villa is equipped with a private swimming pool, kitchenettes to do your own cooking or take a cooking seminar, semi indoor dining area, relaxing living area, private bathroom, Air Conditioning in room, a safe deposit box, IDD phone, LCD TV, CD & DVD player and Wifi internet connection. Lay your head down in paradise; sleep in late if you choose. Smell the fresh air produced by the gardens surrounding you before dipping your head in your private pool. Allow our staff to pamper your every desire. Or catch a free ride into town to enjoy the sights and sounds of modern Bali. Do as you please because when you stay at The Bali Dream Suite Villa you are royalty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Bali Dream Suite Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Dream Suite Villa Hotel Seminyak
- The Bali Dream Suite Villa Seminyak